Raced a Mustang and got pulled over...This sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 04:05 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced a Mustang and got pulled over...This sucks!

OK so I'm driving home after a night out on the town...Just me in the car (Silver Type S), when some clowns in a Mustang (shady non-GT version) start eyeing my car and looking over and they start inching up at the light...So of course I'm thinking to myself, I will absolutely embarrass you fools. Anyway I turn off VSA and at the green light I just gunned it...Needless to say, the Mustang was left in my dust (what an idiot that guy was for thinking he had a prayer...I HATE MUSTANGS!!!)
After the whipping, I look in my rearview mirror only to see a Nassau County (NY) cop right behind me...So the dude pulls me over and gives me the full battery of nonsense DWI tests (I had one drink the whole night) and starts threatening that if I don't pass the sobriety tests, the County will take my car away (that is the law here, by the way!!!)
To make a long story short, he decides to just give me a speeding ticket and gives me the stern lecture on why I'm such a terrible person, yadda yadda yadda...Oh well I figured I would share my story...Of course I'm just soooo mad that I got caught...Whats wrong with destroying a p.o.s. Mustang off the line?!?!? Jeez, this is America...it should be no crime!!!
Old 01-28-2001, 04:10 AM
Powered By HONDA

damn..sad to hear that u got a speeding ticket..i have the same feeling as u..whenever someone comes to threat me..i will race up with the sucker..but i am afraid to get the speeding ticket too..damn..good luck to u

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 01-28-2001, 04:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch is all I can say! Sorry to hear that happened...at least you beat him..

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-28-2001, 04:14 AM

So what was the ticket exactly? How fast were you going? Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Old 01-28-2001, 04:18 AM
Banned

Yup, sorry to hear about that...

Nothing wrong beating another car, anywhere

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 35% tint[*] fenderwell trim , mud guards[*] winter floor mats , full nose mask
Old 01-28-2001, 04:20 AM
Advanced

the ticket was 55 in a 40...How he came up with that figure, I really don't know...Actually, when I think about it, I'm pretty lucky...I was up to about 70-75 mph when I shut it down
Old 01-28-2001, 04:52 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stangsrlame:
the ticket was 55 in a 40...How he came up with that figure, I really don't know...Actually, when I think about it, I'm pretty lucky...I was up to about 70-75 mph when I shut it down</font>
Yeah you are lucky...only 15 over, instead of 30-35 over, HUGE difference!!!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 35% tint[*] fenderwell trim , mud guards[*] winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI - on the way

girlfriend
1999 3.8L V6 Mustang Coupe Black / Black Cloth Interior[*] spoiler , 35% tint[*] MAC CAI - soon to order
Old 01-28-2001, 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

the ticket was 55 in a 40...How he came up with that figure, I really don't know...Actually, when I think about it, I'm pretty lucky...I was up to about 70-75 mph when I shut it down</font>
Yes, you are very lucky!! I think there is a ticket for racing called "Contest for speed" which is a helluva lot more expensive than just a speeding ticket and brings quite a few points on your record with it! I'll take a 55 in a 40 and a lecture from a cocky asshole cop anyday over one of those!!

Oh yeah.... btw.... nice kill!!

[This message has been edited by GoldTypeS (edited 01-28-2001).]
Old 01-28-2001, 01:55 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, did the Mustang get a ticket?? Hell, the reason the cop was so easy on you is he probably enjoyed your beating the 'stang as much you did!!

------------------
CL-S Sundance Gold, TR Typhoon Wheels, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570
Old 01-28-2001, 01:59 PM
Number 37

He could have also hit you for excessive acceleration which carries a hefty fine.

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks
Old 01-28-2001, 02:08 PM
Suzuka Master

The cops just playa haten cause he saw the mustang get smoked!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 01-28-2001, 02:26 PM
ACME sucks!

Any Mustang or Lexus kill is good! I hate them both!

Sorry you got a ticket though.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi

35% tint/Wheel locks/Splash guards/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter/Mobil-1 5W-30 oil & filter/One scratched rim
Old 01-28-2001, 03:10 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
then again on the other hand in an average year in the United States about forty to forty five thousand people are killed in motor vehicle related accidents.Although it is a bummer that you recieved a summons for speeding,turn the tables for a minute and consider the number of times the police officer that fined you has arrived at similar scenes only to find someone dead due to a "contest for speed".I know full well that we all like to see what our cars are capable of but that policeman has seen the other side of the coin when the driver of that car has exceeded both the limits of the machine and himself or herself.Consider yourself lucky you got a fine and a lecture it could have been different it could have been tears and last rites for you or an innocent bystander.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 01-28-2001, 03:28 PM
Advanced

First of all there was nobody on the road last night, and I would not race if the road were not completely clear...as for the "your lucky it wasn't worse" speech, I got your point, but jeez, what a downer you are
Old 01-28-2001, 03:40 PM
w.t.f., mate?

First of all there was nobody on the road last night, and I would not race if the road were not completely clear...as for the "your lucky it wasn't worse" speech, I got your point, but jeez, what a downer you are </font>
Yeah, Jens likes to make us feel depressed. First he tells us we cannot package the smell of new car in a bottle, and now this.

Oh hey nice kill btw.

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~hyper-white road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.~
~Xephyr CAI soon~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 01-28-2001, 05:59 PM
retired

Hehehe well somebody had to say it,and yeah nice to see a Mustang get beat down but face facts you broke the law and got busted for it.Did your competitors get a ticket as well?Don't feel bad I got nailed up in Maine last summer and paid the price for having some fun and like you there was little traffic to contend with, now in retrospect I'd say I deserved that ticket even it sucked paying the heavy duty fine I recieved.Needless to say I think I'll keep my competitive driving on the track where it belongs.jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 01-29-2001, 12:10 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
Jens: as much sense as it makes to keep all aggressive driving at the track, I know for me personally, it's very hard to resist dusting some idiot who deserves it when there is little to no traffic on the roads. I am fully aware of the consequences having had my license suspended once for too many speeding tickets. But with a car as nice as ours, it makes it that much harder to resist....just my .02...

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-30-2001, 01:05 AM
retired

Astroboy believe me I know!!! I put some Comptech headers on acustomer'sCL/S today ofcourse I had to go road test the car to make sure all is well.Let me tell you what that thing flies!!! hard to resist such a machine.Hey all I have is a supercharged Miata and a mildly warmed over Civic but rest assured there have been a few occasions where........oh never mind you get the picture.Just play it safe gang I'd hate to see one of you in harm's way.Jens

------------------