Race w/ a jackson supercharged civic, accord..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 01:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race w/ a jackson supercharged civic, accord..

Well today after work I met up w/ some of my 'street racing' buddies. from the outside 1 black stock looken civic ex, stock rims, stock everything, just superwhites.
1 black si,exhaust, superwhites,
1 94 accord white, rims, exhaust, superwhite, everything..
1 92 accord white.
we started at 395 near shirlington and raced down about 7 miles to springfield.
at the light near shirlington I hear the stock civic and it sounds like some phshhhh sound, I was like wtf!!!
then I heard the rest just intake and exhaust sound.

for the race..

we go down the highway, I easily , i mean easily pull on everyone and w/ the sways it just weaving in and out of traffic.
Boy are the cai loud as heck on those cars. c
and I also hear the pshhhhhhhhh noise again. fooken blow off valve!!

we come to a stop light and its 3 lanes long, 1 modded civic si, 1 stock looken civic w/ I know atleast a blow off valve, 1 type S k&N, and armed w/a comptech header.
there all revving their engine tryin to intimedate my S.
My S, sits quitely at the light , I turn off VSA and move the lever to 1st, not SS.

GREEN!!

the Si leaps first but by 5000, I have him, no problem but WTF!! I hear the blow off sound again. pshhhhhhhhhh

by the time I hit 80 I had them all and the stock looken ex by atleast 2 or 3 cars.

we then pull up to ruby tuesdays and I was like aight WTF do u have in yo car.

he pops the hood and

JACKSON SUPERCHARGER 8 pounds of boost!!!

and stock everything else. stock exhaust, stock headers....

the si had aem cai, dc sport greddy exhaust

the 94 accord had aem cai, dc sport headers, dtm exhaust.

over all fun race and no one believed that the Ctech headers on my car would produce 32hp to the wheels. and also couldn't believe it cost over a grand.

all I then told the ex guy w/ the SC to wait till I get my SC toghter.

oh 1 important thing, he said the civic ex can only go 110 max. and then it red lines and cutts off. and he has a SC. so if you hear people in ex's claiming they go faster than 115 they BS.
but the Si owner claimed his car went up to 130.

If ya don't like street racing please don't leave a comment. I just don't wanna hear it. I have to read it on the other post about u guys. If ya dont' like the post then o well.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:54 AM
Fight On SC!

cool

------------------
silver 2001 cl type s
Old 04-13-2001, 01:57 AM
Racer

Sounds like fun

whats this jacksons supercharger thing?

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white all around, custom eyebrows, tl-s cup holders, Acura-CL.com stickers
Old 04-13-2001, 02:53 AM
Instructor

i hate SI,,,EVERYONE should just kill them...all SI drives talk shit and the shit aint even that fast..,its not even funny how many i have beaten...and iam basically factory besides the springs
Old 04-13-2001, 03:26 AM
Advanced

Outstanding! Now the SI guys and wanna be rice rockets know to respect the Type S. I hate hearing those annoying BS mufflers on the lowered civics, like there is something under the hood.

Deckard
Old 04-13-2001, 06:45 AM
Pro

LarryB,

The Jackson Super Charger has been around for the past 3 yrs, I believe. Jackson Racing has the kit for the Civic and Integra. Good all around street power.

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 04-13-2001, 12:12 PM
magnet

thats weird he say iy only goes 110 my friends with headers goes like 120 and i have another friend of mine with a jap spec sohc that goes 140

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter and b&m tranny cooler)3.5 litre upgrade on april 16!(dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
Old 04-13-2001, 12:27 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
thats weird he say iy only goes 110 my friends with headers goes like 120 and i have another friend of mine with a jap spec sohc that goes 140

</font>
on a ex? you sure?? I also thought the civics were govern, even tho that can be killed w/ a chip

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
me.

Old 04-13-2001, 12:27 PM
Instructor

Question:

How did you hear a blow-off valve coming from a Super-Charger?

Maybe a high-pitched whine .. but no "psssssssssssst" ..

------------------
R.I.P Integra Type-R #932
Black 2001 CL-S
Comptech Headers
Old 04-13-2001, 12:59 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crippen:
Question:

How did you hear a blow-off valve coming from a Super-Charger?

Maybe a high-pitched whine .. but no "psssssssssssst" ..
</font>
I may be ignorant to the Jackson setup however I have not heard of any superchargers that utilize a blow-off/wastegate. Generally a wastegate is used on a turbo to allow some of the exhaust to bypass the turbine (exhaust side of the turbo) to avoid spinning it too fast at higher engine speeds. The wastegate allows a turbo to maintain a constant boost level once it has reached a high enough speed to begin opening the wastegate. This is accomplished by using pressure from the outlet of the turbo to mechanically open the wastegate at whatever pressure the wastegate actuator is designed for. Unless the Jackson has a blow-off valve to dump positive pressurization on idle-down (no idea why...).. Im curious too... Sounds like a Turbo....

Chris

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 04-13-2001, 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

yeah kinda like a winee and pssstt but I did infact see the jackson SC and the blow off valve.

------------------
CL-S
me.

Old 04-13-2001, 01:04 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
yeah kinda like a winee and pssstt but I did infact see the jackson SC and the blow off valve.</font>
Ok found it I think .. right from their web site..
"The Eaton supercharger system incorporates a specially designed bypass valve, which is actuated by a vacuum motor near the throttle body, and recirculates the supercharger air flow when boost is not required. During typical driving conditions, the engine is under boost around 5% of the time, which means the remaining 95% of the time the engine is under vacuum, allowing for better fuel economy and a quieter ride. In addition, the helix angled rotors, along with specially designed inlet and outlet port geometry, also reduce pressure variations resulting in a smooth discharge flow and a lower level of noise during operation. The associated ducting and mounting used in installing the supercharger can play a major role in reducing the noise emitted by the supercharger."

So my last statement above holds water after all... LOL They dump/recycle positive pressure on idle down or inactivity....

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes

[This message has been edited by Xephyr2K (edited 04-13-2001).]
Old 04-13-2001, 01:42 PM
Suzuka Master

it was a hks blow off valve, mounted right on the firewall above his steering section

i'll try to take a pic next time I see him.

------------------
CL-S
me.

Old 04-13-2001, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
it was a hks blow off valve, mounted right on the firewall above his steering section

i'll try to take a pic next time I see him.

</font>
actually nevermind, may be not, go to jacksonracing and you can see the blow off valve that xehper is refrering to

------------------
CL-S
me.