Quite a few hoses

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a few hoses

So as I was putting all the hoses back to the supercharger and intercooler, a couple things didn't make sense. I am hoping that some of you can shed some light on this for me.

Break Boost Cylinder ->upstream of supercharger to vacuum

Front Breather Hose ->upstream of supercharger to vacuum

FPR - upstream of supercharger to vacuum

SC By pass - where does this go? It looked to be downstream of the supercharger, but how will it ever bypass it if that area is always at positive pressure? If it was upstream, it would bypass the supercharger at low throttle (when vacuum occurs) which makes sense to me.

EVAP Purge Valve -> This looks to be hooked up to the TB on the CT install pictures, but that to me doesn't add up. It needs to pull the vacuum on the tank and should up upstream of the supercharger?

PCV valve -> There is a spot on the intercooler for it, but again, how will this ventilate the case if its at a higher pressure.

Lastly, there is some vacuum hose that used to be hooked up to the TB. It comes out from a thing right above the thermostat, and I have no idea what it is.

I know this is a lot, but I am obviously missing something, there are some smart folk here, so I am hoping for some education.