Quick and Easy Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quick and Easy Question

Now that my tein coilovers are installed, I want to adjust them. I think I know how to do it, but want confirmation. Can anyone give me detailed instructions or tell me where my understanding is not correct. Here is what I am doing:

1. Jack up the car
2. Insert both wrenches (see circled area below) and turn. Since I want to go a little lower, I would turn counterclockwise -- Is this right?

Is this the proper way to do it or am I missing the boat?

Old 08-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Almost....

You need to loosen the bottom lock nut first so you can lower it to the desired height. Turn the bottom one the way you picture and turn the top one the opposite direction. That will allow the bottom to spin free. Once you've turned the bottom one to the desire height, turn the top one down so it's tight against the bottom one. Use the wrenches to make sure they are good and tight.

Lather....rinse....repeat....drop car....enjoy new drop
Old 08-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Almost....

You need to loosen the bottom lock nut first so you can lower it to the desired height. Turn the bottom one the way you picture and turn the top one the opposite direction. That will allow the bottom to spin free. Once you've turned the bottom one to the desire height, turn the top one down so it's tight against the bottom one. Use the wrenches to make sure they are good and tight.

Lather....rinse....repeat....drop car....enjoy new drop
So..

1. Jack up the car
2. Turn lower spring seat lock counterclockwise to unlock upper and lower spring seat lock from each other
3. Move lower spring seat lock to desired height.
4. Turn upper spring seat lock clockwise until it meets the lower spring seat lock.
5. Make sure spring seat locks are tight.

I tried the above with no luck. How are should it be to unlock the spring seat locks? and is the above correct?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
3-piece FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn the bottom one left while you turn the top right. It will break it loose and then you can spin the bottom one to desired height. After that, bring the top one back down to desired height. Lock the seats by turning the bottom right as you turn the top one left.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Racer

Got it, thanks. I know this sounds stupid, but I had a hard time figuring out which way unlocks the spring seats because I was thinking as if the lower spring seat was a bolt, you would turn it (as you face down on it) counterclockwise, however, you actually have to turn it clockwise and turn the upper spring seat counterclockwise. To conclude:

1. Jack up the car
2. Turn lower spring seat lock clockwise (pushing the wrench with your left hand) while turning the upper spring seat counterclockwise (pushing the wrench with your right hand). 3. Move lower spring seat lock to desired height.
4. Turn upper spring seat lock clockwise until it meets the lower spring seat lock.
5. Reverse step 2 to make sure spring seat locks are tight.
6. Lower jack
7. Lather....rinse....repeat....drop car....enjoy new drop

Thanks for the help