Old 10-24-2001, 06:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question before I switch to Zaino...

I'm a die hard Meguiars #7 Polish and Gold Class
liquid wax user. The reasons I'm going to give
Zaino a try are:
1. Compelling arguments and testimonials by forum members
2. My wife's new TL has no wax on it so looks like a perfect opportunity to put three coats of Z-2 on after washing with Dawn
3. My car has a gritty feel to the paint when running hand over it from contaminants in air (the Big Dig construction in Boston, etc...) I once tried Meguiars ClayBar and threw it out. This would be a chance to use Zaino ClayBar to clean contaminants off. My understanding is with contaminants gone from surface of your car it will shine a lot better. I'd then do a few coats of Z-5 and then one of Z-2 keeping it simple!

Questions:
1. Will Zaino protect the paint job of my wife's new Pearl White TL by putting a polymer shell over paint after multiple coats? My CL-S must have over 100 chips on the hood from winter driving and rock salt. Meguiars sure did not protect paint and I polish and wax every two months.
2. Is there any advantage to using the Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash (concentrate) with a Zaino shine?
I've been using the Meguiars Gold Class Wash with my Meguiars shine and it works pretty nice.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2001, 06:58 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by Ahoooo
Zaino a try are:
2. My wife's new TL has no wax on it so looks like a perfect opportunity to put three coats of Z-2 on after washing with Dawn
3. My car has a gritty feel to the paint when running hand over it from contaminants in air (the Big Dig construction in Boston, etc...) I once tried Meguiars ClayBar and threw it out. This would be a chance to use Zaino ClayBar to clean contaminants off. My understanding is with contaminants gone from surface of your car it will shine a lot better. I'd then do a few coats of Z-5 and then one of Z-2 keeping it simple!

Questions:
1. Will Zaino protect the paint job of my wife's new Pearl White TL by putting a polymer shell over paint after multiple coats? My CL-S must have over 100 chips on the hood from winter driving and rock salt. Meguiars sure did not protect paint and I polish and wax every two months.
2. Is there any advantage to using the Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash (concentrate) with a Zaino shine?
I've been using the Meguiars Gold Class Wash with my Meguiars shine and it works pretty nice.

Thanks!
Use the Zaino claybar with a little Z7 in a spray bottle as lubricant! You will not believe how much crap comes off of your car. You will want to give you car a GOOD wash so most of the lose dirt comes off in the wash and not onto the claybar. You want to save the claybar for the stuff that's really imbeded. Your car will be soooo smooth after the claybar treatment. It'll take a little work but well worth the effort. I did a clay treatment 2 weeks after I got my car and there was alot of dirt on the bar. It was used up after one session.

1. Yes it will protect the paint from contaminents like tar, dirt, bird crap, leaves etc., I would recommend that you still do the dawn, claybay, dawn, z7 wash, wax for the first time and then z7 wash and wax everytime after that. As for your car, there is nothing that will protect from paint chips because the paint is so bad. However, what Zaino will do is provide a protective layer inside the paint chips so it doesn't rust or get other contaminents embedded inside them.

2. Yes. I don't think Zaino uses caranuba wax that might cloud the wax you put on later. Also, it doesn't contain any (alkaline products that will dissolve wax) ingredients that might strip away the wax that is already on the car. Plus I like to use the Zaino wash with the Zaino wax.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Thanks Zapata!
My order is in the mail!
Old 10-24-2001, 07:15 AM
Intermediate

Are you indicating that you put wax over the polish? Do you wax after you are satisfied that there are enough coats of Zaino polish on the car? Any recommendations for wax?
Old 10-24-2001, 07:23 AM
Fastdriver

Zaino a try are:

Thanks!
Zapata-

All I can say is that once you use Zaino, you'll love it! The first applications may be "time-consuming"/"tedious" to some, but since you said you wax every two months, you'll have no problem. Just read and follow Sal's directions on his website BEFORE you start!

ONE key "secret" is to use VERY little. This is not like any other stuff you have used in the past.

Click on my pics below and you'll see the results of a Zaino shine. However, darker colors do look better with the Zaino, but you'll notice the reflectivity on the white also.

Good luck.

Latest Zaino pics- thought I added them to my profile, but they didn't take. BTW, the SmashCast movie doesn't work. Have to get that out.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...729&a=13898055
Old 10-24-2001, 07:36 AM
Instructor

WOW fastddriver!
What a shine!!!

Compulady:
I don't think Zaino has a wax as I look at the
order form here. I think the polish is all
you use doing multiple coats.

Anyone for help on this?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:05 AM
'Cooter

Thanks Zapata!
My order is in the mail!
i used to b one of the most die hard Meguiar's GOld Class fan...and i was old school too, i'd only use the paste version!! i gave in to Zaino b/c of what i read/saw and decided to really give it a shot...if i didn't like it, break out the Dawn and start again...well if u look in my sig, u'll c how many coats i put on since July...and this kicks Meguiar's a$$ to b honest...the only issue is the time thing in the beginning...it's a pain at first but quickly becomes easier to put on and take off...u will NOT b sorry u made this investment...take it from me...i'm as stubborn as they come, and i never like change, but Zaino turned out to b one of the best investments i've made in my car...period...i hope u enjoy it as much as i, as well as most everyone else here, have.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:17 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Compulady
Are you indicating that you put wax over the polish? Do you wax after you are satisfied that there are enough coats of Zaino polish on the car? Any recommendations for wax?
compulady,
well, you can think of it this way, z1 is the polish and z2 is the "wax". I do the z7 wash, z1 polish and z2 wax, every time. So, yes, wax over the polish. You won't need anything besides the zaino.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:23 AM
Intermediate

I switched from Meguiars also. I have a whole crate full of their stuff. Zaino seems to be a better product. This is a chance for the rest of you to have a good laugh. I think Zaino does a good job protecting the paint also. The day after I got my Zaino package and coated the car, I backed out of the driveway and plowed my new mail box.:o I spent two weeks building that thing; custom trim molding, 6x6 sunk in concrete... Anyway, after throwing a fit in front of the neighbors I pulled back in the garage and pulled out the polishing cloth. After about 30 minutes I had the car looking perfect again. The post hadn't scratched through to the paint. GO ZAINO!!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:45 AM
8th Gear

Can you get a package deal from zainobors.com or do you have to buy all of the products separately? If not from zainobros.com, anyone else who sells a zaino package?
Old 06-10-2002, 08:04 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by lax33
Can you get a package deal from zainobors.com or do you have to buy all of the products separately? If not from zainobros.com, anyone else who sells a zaino package?
wow...dug up from the ACL graveyard

the only thing Sal really offers is a free applicator pad if u buy over a certain amount...there's no real "package" deal except what we continuously stress is vital to the upkeep of the interior/exterior of the car

as far as other vendors go, Ecklers.com sells Zaino products online, however they do not package either, plus they won't throw in free applicators, but u can get Z from them much faster than snail mail ordering from Sal...however, i've heard Sal's workin on either online ordering or phone ordering...i'm not 100% on this, but i do remember hearing it from somewhere.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts

...1. Compelling arguments and testimonials by forum members...
Nuff said
Old 06-10-2002, 08:47 AM
'Cooter

Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by NSXNEXT

Nuff said
this pic is getting VERY old VERY quickly LOL
Old 06-10-2002, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by Scooter

Hater
Old 06-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Team Owner

Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by Scooter
WOW.....I just noticed for the first time that there is a SILVER car in that photo.
I thought he was showing off the KICK ASS shine on the hood of that BLUE CL parked along side.

Shawn S
Old 06-10-2002, 10:48 AM
'Cooter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by Shawn S
WOW.....I just noticed for the first time that there is a SILVER car in that photo.
I thought he was showing off the KICK ASS shine on the hood of that BLUE CL parked along side.

Shawn S
LOL LOL

very good!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 11:54 AM
6 speedin'

Considering the switch

Originally posted by Zapata

compulady,
well, you can think of it this way, z1 is the polish and z2 is the "wax". I do the z7 wash, z1 polish and z2 wax, every time. So, yes, wax over the polish. You won't need anything besides the zaino.
Zapata,

I think I am going to make the switch but what should I buy to start out? Clay Bar, Z7 wash, Z1, and Z2? Is this all? What is ZFX that everyone has listed in their sig and do you need several coats before using this? Sorry for all the questions but I do not know much about Zaino.

Last question, how do I order this stuff from Sal?

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:06 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Considering the switch

Originally posted by 6spdCL-S

Zapata,

I think I am going to make the switch but what should I buy to start out? Clay Bar, Z7 wash, Z1, and Z2? Is this all? What is ZFX that everyone has listed in their sig and do you need several coats before using this? Sorry for all the questions but I do not know much about Zaino.

Last question, how do I order this stuff from Sal?

Thanks.

Nah no worries, that's why the board exists The items you listen will be fine. ZFX is good but master using the z2 first and then go to ZFX. Although you don't any coats of ZFX, i think it's best to wait until you get used to applying z2 before you move on to ZFX. You could pick up a bottle of z6 but it isn't essential.

You can mail order via Sal, you can email him and he might be able to give you name of a local distributor, or you could go through www.ecklers.com.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:49 PM
6 speedin'

Re: Re: Considering the switch

Nah no worries, that's why the board exists The items you listen will be fine. ZFX is good but master using the z2 first and then go to ZFX. Although you don't any coats of ZFX, i think it's best to wait until you get used to applying z2 before you move on to ZFX. You could pick up a bottle of z6 but it isn't essential.

You can mail order via Sal, you can email him and he might be able to give you name of a local distributor, or you could go through www.ecklers.com.
How do I get ahold of Sal. Is he at www.zainobros.com?

Since I have never put any Zaino on before and have put two coats of Zymol on what order should I start.

Should I use Dawn, Claybar, Z7 wash, Z1, Z5 (to remove any small scratches, Z2, Z2? Do you think that is a good place to start?

Thanks. Can't wait to get this stuff!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 02:54 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Considering the switch

oh just email at the contact email addy the site provides.

Four main points to remember:

a. Only use 100% white cotten towels
b. Cleaning and waxing. The motion should always be straight up and down, from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. NEVER DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!! Otherwise you will get circular scratches, aka swirl marks.
c. Strectch your legs and your back before starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you will pay the price the next day.
d. THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN coats!!! Synthetic material only bonds with the surface it's in contact with. So if you put a really thick coat of z2, only the part of the paint that is in contact with the Z2 will bond. The top layer will simply dry and then be wiped away.....wasted money. Z1 will be hard to see but your eye will get used to seeing it.

Steps:
1- Well, first start with two washes of Dawn to make sure that you get it nice and clean of any wax.

2- You can clay it. It will take time. However, i think you should do it atleast once. The claybar will remove zaino so if you don't have time to do it then i'd wait until you can. No point in applying Zaino just to remove it with the claybar.

3- Wash it with Z7 car wash

4- Z1 you don't have to wait for this stuff to dry to put on z2. By the time you are done applying the entire car you can start z2 immediately. Wait atleast 1 hour and then wipe off the z2. Remember up and down strokes!!!!!

5- Z2

How do I get ahold of Sal. Is he at www.zainobros.com?

Since I have never put any Zaino on before and have put two coats of Zymol on what order should I start.

Should I use Dawn, Claybar, Z7 wash, Z1, Z5 (to remove any small scratches, Z2, Z2? Do you think that is a good place to start?

Thanks. Can't wait to get this stuff!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 02:59 PM
6 speedin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Considering the switch

I actually just called the number from the Zaino site and talked to someone there and told me to not waste my time with Z1 for the first coat and use ZFX instead because it is better. Do you think I should try this or was it a sales pitch to spend the exrta money?

oh just email at the contact email addy the site provides.

Four main points to remember:

a. Only use 100% white cotten towels
b. Cleaning and waxing. The motion should always be straight up and down, from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. NEVER DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!! Otherwise you will get circular scratches, aka swirl marks.
c. Strectch your legs and your back before starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you will pay the price the next day.
d. THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN coats!!! Synthetic material only bonds with the surface it's in contact with. So if you put a really thick coat of z2, only the part of the paint that is in contact with the Z2 will bond. The top layer will simply dry and then be wiped away.....wasted money. Z1 will be hard to see but your eye will get used to seeing it.

Steps:
1- Well, first start with two washes of Dawn to make sure that you get it nice and clean of any wax.

2- You can clay it. It will take time. However, i think you should do it atleast once. The claybar will remove zaino so if you don't have time to do it then i'd wait until you can. No point in applying Zaino just to remove it with the claybar.

3- Wash it with Z7 car wash

4- Z1 you don't have to wait for this stuff to dry to put on z2. By the time you are done applying the entire car you can start z2 immediately. Wait atleast 1 hour and then wipe off the z2. Remember up and down strokes!!!!!

5- Z2

Old 06-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Considering the switch

I actually just called the number from the Zaino site and talked to someone there and told me to not waste my time with Z1 for the first coat and use ZFX instead because it is better. Do you think I should try this or was it a sales pitch to spend the exrta money?

Well, zfx is about 2.5x the price of z1. Future applications, yes, go with zfx because it's better because you can apply three coats in one day....then you don't have to do anything but wash for a while. However, since you are just starting out i'd recommend going with the z1. It'll help you get your technique down on a cheaper(just as good) product.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Compulady

Originally posted by Compulady

You always polish to bring the brightness of the paint out... then you wax... Waxing protects the polish... Get any wax that doesn't not have any CLEANERS in it.... I like Mother's Carnuba Wax.. comes in a liquid (Squeeze bottle) of paste (Tin can).. Just make sure you pick up the one that contains no cleaners. In my mind, trying to combine 2 steps in one is for the lazy fat asses (figure or speech) that are in a hurry. Bottom Line--- stay away from wax with cleaners in it.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Originally posted by Shawn S

Shawn S
BWAAHAHHAAAHAHHAA

That's too funny....Let me introduce you. Shawn meet my 99 SSM TL that...eh hem...won the first Annual Park Ave "Zainoff". Don't be a hater...
Old 06-10-2002, 04:26 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

Don't be a hater...
heh heh heh

hes just mad that you were smart enough to use his car as a burger grease guard!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

BWAAHAHHAAAHAHHAA

That's too funny....Let me introduce you. Shawn meet my 99 SSM TL that...eh hem...won the first Annual Park Ave "Zainoff". Don't be a hater...

ya drive the dang thing about as much as George Michael goes muff diving It better look that good man
Old 06-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question before I switch to Zaino...

ya drive the dang thing about as much as George Michael goes muff diving It better look that good man
Hey I didn't make the rules....I guess considering I went up against two brand fuckin new CLS', I guess it's even.

It's all good.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
MAKE THE SWITCH