Question about winshield repair in Houston dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 12:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about winshield repair in Houston dealers?

WHen I bought the CL-S 2 years ago, the dealer offered me a winshield protection plan by a third party company. THey said all I had to do is bring the car to the dealer and they have the windshield repair company replace the windshield. I thought it was a waste of $$ but I went ahead and bought it.

Now I got a huge windshield crack (thanks to the trucks on the freeway) and I tried to reach the dealer about the windshield repair. They kept fowarding my call to different ppl. What the fuck!!! How can I fight back this if I paid for it?

Sterling McCall Acura sucks!!!! Ok, let's say I get their attention to replace the windshield, will it mess up the windshield wipers? I have heard of people mentioning the problem replacing windshields that it offsets the wipers little bit higher than before after replacing it.

thanks,
Old 02-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry, dude ... I have no clue but an ex-member who used to have a CL-S replaced his windshield. You can try to hit him on AIM: Amirbush
Old 02-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn...

Kinda glad now that I didn't get the 500$ windshield replacement option at Acura SW (now Sterling Macall). Who did you talk to about that?? With all the crap that they just made you go through I would demand that they replace the windshield with an Acura one (OEM), but then again aren't they supposed to do that anways??

I have yet to replace my windshield with a huge ass crack on the driver side (not quite blocking the drivers vision, so I have been putting if off). I believe WebToker had his replaced, and there are definetly someplaces to avoid. I don't recall which ones where mentioned though (Apache gladd might have been one of them).

Old 02-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

windshield plus

Well:

When I was finalizing the deal on the car, they attemted to sell me the 'windshield plus' package for 250 bucks garanteeing me repair or replacement of the windshield if it ever happens.

So I think that shouldn't pay for anything, but now they are being hard to acknowledge something like that. Didn't they offered something like that to you?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Cruisin'

update on winshield repair

Ok, here is what is going on sofar:

I have contacted them about the windshield repair protection plan they sold me when I purchased my CL since now I got a crack on it. To my amazedment, they played it like they didn't know anything about a windshield protection plan. I told them that I have it with the payment receipt of my car to prove it, then they started the cycle of transfering my call to (almost all) the personnel on the Dealership.

I am pretty pissed off about it, one thing is to lie about it; but when you got it on paper they should acknowledge it and do something instead of passing it around like a hot potato. And I told them I will send a complaint about it and post it here. They dared me to do it!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: update on winshield repair

Originally posted by bluejay73
Ok, here is what is going on sofar:

I have contacted them about the windshield repair protection plan they sold me when I purchased my CL since now I got a crack on it. To my amazedment, they played it like they didn't know anything about a windshield protection plan. I told them that I have it with the payment receipt of my car to prove it, then they started the cycle of transfering my call to (almost all) the personnel on the Dealership.

I am pretty pissed off about it, one thing is to lie about it; but when you got it on paper they should acknowledge it and do something instead of passing it around like a hot potato. And I told them I will send a complaint about it and post it here. They dared me to do it!!!
Did they actually dare you to do that?? That is one of the serious problems I have had with the dealership, unfortunately I bought my car there and wanted to have it's complete history of work done there as well, but to my amazement I guess they didn't want my return business, so I went and took my ass to John Eagle (about 45 minutes away but worth it). They tried to sell my the windshield replacement warranty, but I didn't bite (at first I thought I didn't buy the warranty and initially regreted it, but now after what you have gone through I am glad I didn't).

Unfortuntely I am pretty open to any type of service, just as long as its remotely decent and they don't talk to me like i'm a dumba$$ (unfortunately Sterling Macall has broken both rules). I by no means expect the dealership to kiss my feet, but do expect some sort of 'friendly' dealership service (hell why else would you buy an Acura..they where originally known for customer service, yet some dealerships don't want to uphold that tradition I guess). I had superb service when the dealership was Acura SW, but ever since the management/name change, things have never ever been the same.

One interesting thing to note, ever since I was getting some crappy ass terrible service (the transmission was just the tip of the iceberg, followed by the refusal to turn off the maintenance light at 37500 because 'I didn't bring it in for that service' even though I bought it in for an oil change, and had the rest of the other items done beforehand ). I looked up the dealership on the BBB board (Better Business Bureau) and low and behold they have had several 'unresolved' complaints about the Service Center, where as John Eagle had none.

I guess it is true when people say that the Service Center is run completely and solely seperately from the Sales .

I wish more dealerships where like Waynes\Park Ave in NJ

OK enough of my venting, I am now stepping down from my soap box.

(PS I still love my car, which I could lover her more if I had better service )
Old 02-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Racer

If you need to still turn off your maintenance light you hold down the select and reset buttons on the trip meter.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Well....

Originally posted by mretif
If you need to still turn off your maintenance light you hold down the select and reset buttons on the trip meter.
Unfortunately for the dealer, i've got a Helms manual and could do most of the work myself, which just irked me that little bit more when they said that they wouldn't do it. It's those little things that will get you all the time
Old 02-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Cruisin'

Guys,

You have car insurance. It pays for windshield dmg, crack, chips. If it's a crack, you will likely need to have it replaced. I don't know what your deductible is. I had a 328i w/s replaced about 1 yr ago. It was about $200. Call you insurance agent, they can probably gie you some reputable companies.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: update on winshield repair

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JSuppi

Did they actually dare you to do that?? That is one of the serious problems I have had with the dealership, unfortunately I bought my car there and wanted to have it's complete history of work done there as well, but to my amazement I guess they didn't want my return business, so I went and took my ass to John Eagle (about 45 minutes away but worth it). They tried to sell my the windshield replacement warranty, but I didn't bite (at first I thought I didn't buy the warranty and initially regreted it, but now after what you have gone through I am glad I didn't).

Unfortuntely I am pretty open to any type of service, just as long as its remotely decent and they don't talk to me like i'm a dumba$$ (unfortunately Sterling Macall has broken both rules). I by no means expect the dealership to kiss my feet, but do expect some sort of 'friendly' dealership service (hell why else would you buy an Acura..they where originally known for customer service, yet some dealerships don't want to uphold that tradition I guess). I had superb service when the dealership was Acura SW, but ever since the management/name change, things have never ever been the same.

One interesting thing to note, ever since I was getting some crappy ass terrible service (the transmission was just the tip of the iceberg, followed by the refusal to turn off the maintenance light at 37500 because 'I didn't bring it in for that service' even though I bought it in for an oil change, and had the rest of the other items done beforehand ). I looked up the dealership on the BBB board (Better Business Bureau) and low and behold they have had several 'unresolved' complaints about the Service Center, where as John Eagle had none.

I guess it is true when people say that the Service Center is run completely and solely seperately from the Sales .

I wish more dealerships where like Waynes\Park Ave in NJ

OK enough of my venting, I am now stepping down from my soap box.

(PS I still love my car, which I could lover her more if I had better service )
[/QUOTE

I Had a problem when I bought a Toyota from Sterling McCall.
When I went shopping for a Acura, the salesman at Sterling McCall Acura said they sold at sticker price .After that ,I didn't consider them,even though I'm closer to the dealership.
I purchashed my CL from John Eagle Acura,well below sticker.I received 2 years or recomended service ,paint protection and the maintaince kit with cleaner,wax, etc. at no charge. Sterling McCall makes you buy paint protection on every car at a outrages price. They don't offer free 2 years or service.
I've had my car since Oct.2001, with no problems at all.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:24 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now you guys believe all the good things I said about John Eagle Acura ... Eric Younger who used to be there had moved on. But Roman, the other one, is pretty cool. Not that I have something against Sterling McCall Acura, but they tried to sell me a CL-S at sticker price, I told them about the kind of deal I was offered at John Ealge (but I didn't mention the name). They told me to buy it at whatever dealer who made the offer and I did. They were really wise
Old 02-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Damnit...:(

Originally posted by SilverKnight
Now you guys believe all the good things I said about John Eagle Acura ... Eric Younger who used to be there had moved on. But Roman, the other one, is pretty cool. Not that I have something against Sterling McCall Acura, but they tried to sell me a CL-S at sticker price, I told them about the kind of deal I was offered at John Ealge (but I didn't mention the name). They told me to buy it at whatever dealer who made the offer and I did. They were really wise
It's a damn shame that Eric isn't there anymore, I believe all the freaking plaques on the wall are his I actually took my car in on his last day, and the service (even though it was his last day) was still top notch. It's a shame that we can't have more service reps like that.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Advanced

i'm not an ex-member!!!!! i got my windshield replaced at AAA windshields off 59 and hillcroft, accross from the chevron. took about 2 hours, no problems, exactly like the original (even the blue shady part) cost was about 200 bucks