question about vibration from engine.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 09:01 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about vibration from engine.

I have been experiencing some vibration on the steering wheel whenever the engine is on idle, like stopping at a red light, or in park position. Is this normal to feel vibration on stereing wheel ? its not BIG vibration, but I just feel annoyed. Any suggestion on fixing this problem ?
Old 01-07-2001, 04:03 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
when in question, call your dealership, that is what your warranty is for ! NO, vibration in the steering wheel is NOT correct !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-07-2001, 04:05 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry skyline, I noticed from your other post you have a 99 CL, can't help you there, other than I would have not bought one !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-08-2001, 02:50 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by skyline:
I have been experiencing some vibration on the steering wheel whenever the engine is on idle, like stopping at a red light, or in park position. Is this normal to feel vibration on stereing wheel ? its not BIG vibration, but I just feel annoyed. Any suggestion on fixing this problem ?</font>
I've recently nocited my car vibrates more that it used to when it idles at lights, and i've taken it into the dealer 2x for this. however, they've done nothing since they claim they don't notice it.
I talked to a service man at A&H Motorsport, and he thought maybe the valves needed adjusting.

------------------
'99 2.3CL 5-spd. Black w/ spoiler, fogs, Wheel Locks, Mudguards, CD & Cass, and a CoPilot Digital Compass.
Old 01-08-2001, 02:56 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
...I noticed from your other post you have a 99 CL, can't help you there, other than I would have not bought one !
</font>
why not? the 99CL is just a loaded version of the 98 accord! Maybe i took it wrong, but it seems to me like you said that like it is a bad car ??

------------------
'99 2.3CL 5-spd. Black w/ spoiler, fogs, Wheel Locks, Mudguards, CD & Cass, and a CoPilot Digital Compass.
Old 01-08-2001, 03:17 PM
Banned

I have been experiencing some vibration on the steering wheel whenever the engine is on idle, like stopping at a red light, or in park position. Is this normal to feel vibration on stereing wheel ? its not BIG vibration, but I just feel annoyed. Any suggestion on fixing this problem ?</font>

Have your shop check for an intermittent misfire of the ignition system.

------------------
2 cars
Old 01-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Racer

I have noticed that same vibration, it's not that bad, but I have noticed it. It usually happens when you make a quick stop, and your car is sitting in idle. Right after stopping I get a quick vibration in the steering wheel, and then it goes away. I'm going to have the dealer check it out when I go in for my 7500 mile check-up. If you find out anything earlier, please let me know...thanks.

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
No Mods yet
Getting V-AFC soon
Old 01-09-2001, 02:00 AM
Racer

I have no idea why that guy diss the first gen CL. Anyways, I tried my friends' accordS .. and boy, i am glad that acura's quality is a little bit better than the accords. I reallythink u do get what you paid for. Though, about this vibration, I know if i go to the dealership.. i would get the same crap... asying its normal.. or they don't feel it. Anyways, I am quite happy about the 1st gen CL. I like the shape a little better than the new CL. Though i must admit, the new CL-S can really run ! FAST !!! but lack the unique and rather strange design of the 1st gen CL. the new CL-S is basically evolved from the TL.
Anyways, its just my opinion.

And i hope whoever that finds out the solution to this sh@tty vibration, please let me know. Hell.. my old 5 yeras old beat up Stratus didn't even have this problem ! I kind of miss that stratus.