Purchasing, Have Some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2001, 01:52 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing, Have Some Questions

I am planning on purchasing a new CL Prem w/o nav in Emerald Green Pearl (just waiting for Chrysler to issue a check for my buy back) in the next 10 days. Is their anything I should be aware of? Are the mud flaps worth it? The dealer can install them before I take delivery of the car. Has anyone done business with Tustin Acura? How is their service department? I have been to about 10 dealers and Tustin Acura seems to be the only one that can answer the questions that I have about the car. Can anyone suggest another dealer in the So. Cal area? What should I pay for the car? I have been quoted a price of $26,600, is this a fair price?

Thanks for the help

------------------

Beat the Bruins
Old 02-04-2001, 01:57 AM
w.t.f., mate?

That sounds like a really good price. Muds dont really help substatially, but they are better than nothing...ask the dealer to throw it in for you, most dealers do.

Might wanna check out Weir Canyon Acura. Ask for Jim Pendleton. Really nice guy.

Chino Hills, eh? My date for Winter Formal used to live there. Just another random fact from Iridium....

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~Hiper Hibrid Plasma Xenon road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge shortly.~ ~Xephyr CAI on the way!~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 02-04-2001, 02:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,359 Likes on 3,729 Posts
Congrats on your upcoming purchase. Anything I can say to get you to consider purchasing a cl-s? Maybe just one thing--this is the best car for the buck on the market currently, you will definitely be impressed. BTW, mud flaps? Take a look at some of the pix of the car w/ flaps and ask yourself if you really need 'em. I live in the Buffalo NY area and of course, am subject to lots of inclement weather and I don't have them b/c I didn't like the way they looked. My car isn't gettin' thrashed.

------------------
'01 Satin Silver CL-S, tint, Momo Cobra Carbon, Mobil1, V1
Future mods: Comptech springs, sways & headers
18" wheels (Heidfelds or Volks) with S-02's
aerokit?
Old 02-04-2001, 02:18 AM
Suzuka Master

26,600 OMG, that's a really good price. only thing I can say is get the NAVI. Its worth the 2000 and more.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-04-2001, 02:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I say you should negotiate with your salesman to throw some things in.... When I bought my CL-S, they threw in the mud flaps, and some other incidentals... Asking wont hurt, I dont know if I would pay for them though if they werent freebies

g

------------------
'01 Silver
TYPE-S Navi/Spoiler
Old 02-04-2001, 10:33 AM
Instructor

The car is coming with the wheel locks, so I might add the flaps when I pick up the car.

Cheif F1 Fan- Test drove the S-Type and did not like the ride to stiff, and I sat on the seats not in them, plus you can't get it in green.

Nova White- Thought it would be a good idea to have the nav but the screen is too small, hard to read. It is also another thing to break. Wish the screen would be as big as the Lexus.

Synth 19- Dealers in So. Cal are not dealing much on these cars. All of the dealers have added the wheel locks, and most have installed the mud flaps. There is not much else I want to add to the car.

Iridium 130- Tried Canyon, they were rude. The salesman can't remember his name kept going off that they would Not accept my Sebring as a trade. Kept telling him that I'm not trading the car in that Chrysler is buying it back. He would not budge on the price of the car. I called around and talked to the Internet/Fleet Managers. Talk to their mamager amd gave me a price of $27,200. He also said that he would meet anyones written price. Gave him Tustin's and he could not meet it.

------------------

Beat the Bruins
Old 02-04-2001, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gvtire:

Nova White- Thought it would be a good idea to have the nav but the screen is too small, hard to read. It is also another thing to break. Wish the screen would be as big as the Lexus.

</font>
If you were using the Navi screen for graphics work or word processing then I'd agree. But the size of the Navi screen when used as a navigation device does not seem small. Using the "in/out" button (if that name is correct) provides plenty of visual clarity and directional understanding. Basically its not so much watching the navigation screen during driving but listening first then glancing at the screen that works best for me. A VERY useful and cool option and the one I'll never do without again.

Good luck

Btw the guards do help very slight. And with fenderwell trim they do add some contrast to the car.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
Pictures of My Ride
Old 02-05-2001, 04:40 AM
Pro

why r they buying back your sebring, what year is it?

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
Old 02-05-2001, 09:49 AM
Instructor

It is a 1999 LXi (Coupe). Bought the thing in 9/99 The car is being bought back under the California Lemon Law. The process has taken 5 months. The car has been in the dealer 28 time the first year for repairs. These include brakes (needed to replace the rotors 4 times, and the cars has 18,000 miles) gas gauge, air conditioning, power mirrors, directional signals, drivers seat falling apart, mis-alingment of body panels, crappy dealer prep of the car and other misc problems. This has been my 8th and last Chrysler product.

This why I am purchasing an Acura for reliability. Looked at the Accord EX V6 and for a couple of thousand dollars more and it's worth it I can get the Acura.

------------------

Beat the Bruins
Old 02-05-2001, 09:50 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

gvtire, Congrats my brother. I know exactly what you went through. I too used my check from that "car company", to buy my CL-S.

------------------
It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot!

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 02-05-2001, 11:55 AM
Pro

If you don't have one, I recommend a V1 radar detector with remote display. Also, one of those all-weather rubber floor mats, at least on the driver side. Cheap investments.

I don't have one, but a CAI is a cheap add-on.

Old 02-05-2001, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Don't bother with that silly navi toy

I would really consider the Type-S though. I really really really wanted my CL in blue, which is also unavailable in the Type-S.
But I will tell you, the first time you use SS in some twisty back roads pulling hard out of each turn, you forget all about the color of the car!

------------------
Silver CL type S, upgraded cupholder, PIAA-19169, 3 coats Zaino and a pinch of salt