Proof of Chris running 5.5 in his car

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 11:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Achance:
fuck that gtech shit, get an offical time at the track.

</font>
I would have to agree with you. I have a gtech myself but I wouldn't trust it to compare to real track times. It's just good for baselining your car and then testing it again after mods. A 5.5 on the gtech could very well be a 6.0 at the track. Or, it could be a 5.5 at the track. The problem is that the gtech isn't good for truly testing the cars performance. It's just good for comparing it's performance when changes are made. There is just about no way you can tell if the road you are doing your gtech run on is perfectly level for the entire run. Typically when you think the road is level it's slightly downhill. When you think it's slightly uphill it would be closer to level. But, you can't know for sure.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - spoiler - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Zaino baby! - Pics of my car
Old 05-05-2001, 01:08 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just my opinion:

Don't expect me to take any times you post seriously unless you can post a picture of the track slip showing your numbers.

The track is what matters.

Dyno and G-Tech are great for figuring out your change in performance with added mods, but don't bother posting guestimated 1/4mile times or anything of that sort.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-05-2001, 03:11 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock: Just my opinion: Don't expect me to take any times you post seriously unless you can post a picture of the track slip showing your numbers. The track is what matters. Dyno and G-Tech are great for figuring out your change in performance with added mods, but don't bother posting guestimated 1/4mile times or anything of that sort. -J </font>
JRock,

I have done all of the above... Dyno's, GTECH PICS, and multiple track slips plus pics of the car at the track... I give up..........,

Chris

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway 3/10/01 Best GTECH Sprint 5.554/28/01 with Poobah watching Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 05-05-2001, 03:21 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Congrats for Xephyr for his 1-man company. Looking forwards for his new tricks [/B]</font>
Nashua,

Im not even dignifying that with any reply that takes more effort then this long sentence..... Advice -> Grow Up, Wake Up, and educate yourself such that you understand more about cars then "Gas on right, Brake on left" and youll not sound like an ass when you dont understand why your times are below average and mine are not......

Chris

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway 3/10/01 Best GTECH Sprint 5.554/28/01 with Poobah watching Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 05-05-2001, 04:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Chris --

I have a comment or three...

First everyone bashes the gtech and gets all pissy over "well I tried it 3 times etc". My comment to that is, how many times have we seen a set of drag strip numbers all over the place from 15.5 on down to 14.x from the same driver and same session.

Then if someone gets a good 1/4 mile run, there must be some nasty tricks going on. They must have cheated, etc. So, unless someone has every bloody member of the forum inspect the car, it is must be faked.

Then there is the issue of the post dated time slip. Boy, better not ever make a mistake like that, the sharks are circling.

Then who really knows how accurate the dynos are from place to place, but if that is done, then there are more questions.

Then, it's time for a personal assault.

So, one minute, it is give me a 1/4 -- like a real man needs to get down to the track.

If the track is so damn great, why do people with the same bloody cars get such a huge difference in results? Could it be the "pilot"?

So, I personally am embarrassed to own the car. The more and more I though about all of the griping and GTECHs suck. The more I though about all of the different times returned by drivers at the same track under the same conditions.

So, if the GTECH is so lousy and someone takes 3 different units and they are off by a few tenths on a 0..60 or 1/4 mile, what does that say for all of the people and even pros that run at the track and get a wide band of results with the same car.

Some of this has finally just become a sad tub of whining children, bashing what they don't like. Frankly, it is pathetic.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-05-2001, 05:47 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Chris,

Not to attack you by any means? could you post where you learned your Automotive Engineering? What was your thesis in you Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. Hmmmm... I guess... "Theory and application of CAI systems" is a good candidate.... ha ha ha ha ... I know that Rick Case Acura found CAI are useless, their R&D department may be interested in hiring you as CAI consultant

Anyways to make the story short, I could be a losey driver, I could have the slowest CLS there is.... but I am an honest guy... I say the truth and search for the truth...
I do not mislead my clients that they can expect 14.4s by a single $200 pipe and K&N filter..

And one thing before closing, why not have 3 runs with no CAI and then 3 more runs with your CAI on the same CLS with an independent driver. Then, post the results of your experiment, this is a very interesting supportive outcome of your theory on CAI systems, your Ph.D. Review committee would be happy to see this

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Koing Imagine in Silver with wheels locks
Old 05-05-2001, 11:09 AM
Banned

Nashua,

An intelligent argument with you is impossible..... My times are all legitimate , true , and proven. I never said anyone could run 14.4s with the CAI, but I'll say this - Anyone running under the same track conditions and temps with a 2.2 sec 60ft time should come within +/- .10sec of it. Find a new cause to champion, because a vindictive, petty, unaware person like you will not be satisfied even if your in the car during the track runs...,

Chris

------------------
Old 05-05-2001, 11:27 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TakeFlight:
There is just about no way you can tell if the road you are doing your gtech run on is perfectly level for the entire run.
</font>
Sure you can, just take a transit out and shoot the area you plan on running. But be sure to have someone with ya to hold the stick...

Some might be wondering what a transit is and if so, there would be no way for you to ever determine if the ground is level.
Old 05-05-2001, 01:59 PM
Instructor

My phone call is ignored and now my post! Oh well! What can you do?
Old 05-05-2001, 02:27 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Chris, you cant expect people to believe you when the only mod you will confirm is the CAI.

Once you show us what else you got... you will be taken more seriously.

I mean... cmon... would you believe me if I said I did 5.5 and the only mod I listed was your CAI and a Valentine 1

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1Xephyr CAI

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-05-2001, 04:01 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">. I mean... cmon... would you believe me if I said I did 5.5 and the only mod I listed was your CAI and a Valentine 1 [/B]</font>
Someone please read the whole post before commenting on bits and pieces... I clearly said with CAI only 1/4 in 14.424 @38? degrees, and 0-60 in 6.3, as posted throughout.

0-60 in 5.5 is with CAI and other mod that is NOT N2O, super/turbo, headers.

I will post the other mod(s) when I either:

A) Commit to production and get a final pricing.
B) Decide not to manufacture at which point I will disclose details since I will no longer have a financial stake in it.

This is not going to change.

If and when someone else develops a mod that turns significant times and posts the how-to prior to production - might as well send a copy to AEM, HKS, NEUSPEED and the rest as well.

Chris

------------------
Old 05-05-2001, 04:18 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rwwlaw: Chris, I called about two weeks ago and left a message. Never heard from you. When can I get you during the week? Ron White</font>
Ron,

I dont recall your call, but Id love to speak with you. Call me when you get a chance, if Im not available leave a msg with a number you can be reached at and I will call you back.

Chris

------------------
Old 05-05-2001, 04:21 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
i'll take a guess that the mystery mod is a bored out t/b since you already make an intake.

------------------
Now it's time for me to make my impression felt
So sit back, relax, and strap on your seatbelt
You never been on a ride like this befo'
Old 05-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
ding !ding !ding! throttle body PORT AND POLISH notice he didnit deni but he did however ignore ...but me be very clear here im not arguing with any one and i wont get invloved with most of this petty crap but im as curious as the next guy and anything to mAKE MY CAR FASTER im for go getem chris...however i dont think either of these things are something he'd be selling so it makes me wonder...maybe i got it???you found away to either move/eliminate redline/fuelcut or shift firmness of tranny??? through ecu mods

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

[This message has been edited by typeR (edited 05-05-2001).]
Old 05-05-2001, 06:59 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by typeR:
ding !ding !ding! throttle body PORT AND POLISH notice he didnit deni but he did however ignore ...but me be very clear here im not arguing with any one and i wont get invloved with most of this petty crap but im as curious as the next guy and anything to mAKE MY CAR FASTER im for go getem chris...however i dont think either of these things are something he'd be selling so it makes me wonder...maybe i got it???you found away to either move/eliminate redline/fuelcut or shift firmness of tranny??? through ecu mods

</font>
Wellone thing we do know is that he is working on a ECU harness so maybe he found a way to get the V-AFC to return some gains.

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 05-05-2001, 06:59 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
Chris,

I do not mislead my clients that they can expect 14.4s by a single $200 pipe and K&N filter..

</font>
This is the single most intellgent sentence so far in this entire thread! It just about sums the whole thing up.......

------------------
99 M3
dead CL-S
Old 05-05-2001, 07:04 PM
Race Director

i kinda wrote that in my post here, but longer..

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
Old 05-05-2001, 10:20 PM
Instructor

Chris,

I know how you feel....hang in there.

Obviously there is alot of emotion on this issue of 0-60 and 1/4 mile...the 3.5L 5th wheeled a 5.787 sec 0-60 run on stock tires at Moroso two months ago with 5 gallons of VHT (enough to walk out of my shoes -twice!)

If Chris has found a way to cheaply achieve this 5.5 second number, which flat out embarasses my product, I will retire the normally aspirated 3.5L program because I am doing an expensive injustice. But, like so many of you who have lambasted that product in the past, I say give Chris a chance.

I think the flow improvements of an enlarged TB will not produce these results...if any. It is not easy to "bore" out a TB contrary to popular belief and certainly not cheap vs. the small gain (if any) you would get.

Now play nice...and be patient....
Old 05-05-2001, 10:38 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by syncivic:
Chris,

Obviously there is alot of emotion on this issue of 0-60 and 1/4 mile...the 3.5L 5th wheeled a 5.787 sec 0-60 run on stock tires at Moroso two months ago with 5 gallons of VHT (enough to walk out of my shoes -twice!)

If Chris has found a way to cheaply achieve this 5.5 second number, which flat out embarasses my product, I will retire the normally aspirated 3.5L program because I am doing an expensive injustice. But, like so many of you who have lambasted that product in the past, I say give Chris a chance.

I think the flow improvements of an enlarged TB will not produce these results...if any. It is not easy to "bore" out a TB contrary to popular belief and certainly not cheap vs. the small gain (if any) you would get.

</font>

Syncivic:

Thanks for the response, it is quite discouraging to bother with any other projects for the CL besides for my own use at times like this. I appreciate the maturity and curtousy you show, and in the future we will have to get together and chat maybe I am working on several ideas at once and Im in and out of the shop all night working..... Best wishes to you and your project as I wish you the best in all sincerity.

Thanks Again,

Chris

------------------
Old 05-05-2001, 11:09 PM
Instructor

Other than jousting with a few of the boys, I've been luck as of late....

Let Eric play good cop Bad cop for you...he'll email you a bill later....
Old 05-05-2001, 11:10 PM
Instructor

thats "lucky", brain faster than fingers I guess...better drink more beer!
Old 05-06-2001, 01:38 AM
Suzuka Master

To syncivic -- I dislike the idea of being reduced to a mouth-piece...

Devil's advocate, perhaps? (Don't mind switching hats and places for a while...)

Critic, yet proponent -- (perhaps)

Too much time on hands -- (sometimes)

It's so easy to bash, so easy to critisize, so easy to question.

Note to all:
Be sure to not think too far ahead, someone will just call your work Unobtain-inium, "Syncivic's Folley", "Xepher's Intake Pipe Dream", and so on...

So, after seeing enough verbal bullets zing by, for a middle east holy war, why not let time decide about what's real.

Don't we all benefit from their work?

Finally, if anyone thinks they don't make mistakes, it probably means that they aren't doing anything. People who do, make mistakes, learn from them, do better, and in the end, help all.

If you don't agree, that's fine, I'll even point you to the Ayatollah approved 'CLS Inquisition kit', for more radical approaches to time, HP, and other "record" posting.

Ayatollah Approved CL-S Inquisition Kit

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-06-2001, 01:43 AM
Instructor

Chris,
There are various levels of readers on this forum and some just tend to talk out of their asses! I can't tell you how many times I cut my reply off cause I felt it added no value to the topic. Unfortunately others seem to just go ahead and speak out of their respective asses. Whatever product your working on is cool but just be careful how you approach this board with it. I wrote what I thought was a fair account of a race with my brothers 98 M3 and the responses where less than stellar. I simply gave my account of what happened and you had to see the idiots jump all over that post. Can't wait to hear what you have under wraps and keep up the good work. Remember all, that if he was not the real deal I highly doubt a respected place like Park ave. Acura would stock and install his product!! Peace
Old 05-06-2001, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by syncivic:
Chris,

</font>
...not nessecarily doug if this mystery mod will yeild 5.5 to a relativly stock cl-S then perhaps lead to monsterous gains on the 3.5

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 05-06-2001, 11:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just got back from DC earlier and I just finished reading this thread.

Chris, you know who your friends are and you know who the A-holes are. Knowing that please go forward and keep developing your products.

Ignore the obvious ignorance displayed on this board by certain people, they were A-holes before you so don't take it personally.

I guess me being there, witnessing your run(s) is still not enough, it never will be. Don't waste your time trying to convince the 1% of the people who disclaim you.

You have no obligation to tell everyone everything they don't own a company nor do they obviously understand the concept of competition or how you are supposed to grow a company and lead in your products.

Now get back to working on project X

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR