Problem with my CLS, auto window function malfuntioning

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Problem with my CLS, auto window function malfuntioning

I have reported this problem before but I bever went to the dealer cos it went away. Now it came back and I know it is temperature triggered.

You know how you are supposed to push the elec window button all the way so the auto-down works? Well my window will go down only so much then stop. I usually need to push it 2-3 times for the window to go all the way down.

It NEVER happened during the winter, it comes back no when temps are higher than mid 60s. Veryh wiered! Anyone had this and fixed it?

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S
Old 05-05-2001, 07:07 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grade 9 science.

take it to the dealership, acura fucked up.

My door in my room also doesnt close in the summer, like the metal parts dont click in to keep the door shut, but in the winter, it shuts..

again its all grade 9 science.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
Old 05-05-2001, 07:33 PM
on bin laden

wow they actually have 9 grades up in Canada ???

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amirsafdari:
grade 9 science.

take it to the dealership, acura fucked up.

My door in my room also doesnt close in the summer, like the metal parts dont click in to keep the door shut, but in the winter, it shuts..

again its all grade 9 science.

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 05-05-2001, 09:53 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fbazakos:
wow they actually have 9 grades up in Canada ???
</font>
HAHAHAHA

Gavrill... im sure its a combination of our buggy power window motors... plus the fact that our whole fucking door flexes when the window is maneuvered.

My window motor started to go and i brought it in and they said they had to order the part... they never called me saying it arrived.

Just as well since now my passenger side is going and like 3 new rattles appeared.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1Xephyr CAI

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-06-2001, 11:14 AM
Advanced

I have that exact same problem on very hot days. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times, and since they can't recreate the problem, they tell me they can't fix the problem. Each time they've lubed the run channel which does NOTHING.
Extremely frustrating, and another thing to add in the long list of what's annoying about this car.
Hey, anybody ever check out similar BMW/Audi forums - do they have irritating problems like we do??? This car has got me thinking I'll never buy anything from Acura again.
Old 05-06-2001, 02:34 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Mine does the same when the temp. reaches 80++++, then the auto feature doesn't work. MY time is worth too much, than to deal with this "feature" when it's not working !

Poo Yi !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-06-2001, 03:16 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crrink:
Hey, anybody ever check out similar BMW/Audi forums - do they have irritating problems like we do??? This car has got me thinking I'll never buy anything from Acura again.</font>
Were definately not alone...

Lexus/BMW... and ESPECIALLY Audi owners have just the same problems.

You will find the same complaints about rattles all across each mfg forum.

As for electronics failing... all Audi & mostly first model yr Lexi are notorious for buggy electronics systems.

The reliability problems of this car definately arent unique to Acura...

But what sucks for us is our dealers... Acura service is typically the shittiest of the lux crowd.

Audi has fairly crappy service also though.

The paint is really the only issue about this car that really bothers me. But were not alone there either... i hear IS300's have an even inferior paint durability.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-06-2001, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Well, I don't know about electrical problems on Audis, but they do have other problems. My 1999 A4 (automatic, with only 15k miles) started hesitating when it's started cold (wouldn't shift out of first for a few seconds), so I took it in. The first time they couldn't duplicate the problems, so they sent me home. I brought it back again and now they say it needs a new transmission. At 15000 miles! It's covered under warranty, but that's rediculous. Especially since they still can't tell me exactly what's wrong with it. Oh, and the trans is backordered too. :-(

The power windows work great tho. ;-)
Old 05-06-2001, 09:01 PM
Racer

My shit does the same frigin thing! I noticed it last week when it was over 90. I have noticed it happening a lot more that it has been warmer out. My car just a few days ago wouldn't shift from 2nd to 3rd when I was on the highway! But that is another problem all in it's self. I am taking my car to Park Ave and they are going to check it all out for me. I will let you know what they tell me.

------------------
Why buy a special edition car and not drive it like it was meant to be driven
Old 05-06-2001, 09:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badazzS:
My shit does the same frigin thing! I noticed it last week when it was over 90. I have noticed it happening a lot more that it has been warmer out. My car just a few days ago wouldn't shift from 2nd to 3rd when I was on the highway! But that is another problem all in it's self. I am taking my car to Park Ave and they are going to check it all out for me. I will let you know what they tell me.

</font>

Yeah let me know. Thanks.

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S
Old 05-06-2001, 09:29 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kastegir:
Well, I don't know about electrical problems on Audis, but they do have other problems. My 1999 A4 (automatic, with only 15k miles) started hesitating when it's started cold (wouldn't shift out of first for a few seconds), so I took it in. The first time they couldn't duplicate the problems, so they sent me home. I brought it back again and now they say it needs a new transmission. At 15000 miles! It's covered under warranty, but that's rediculous. Especially since they still can't tell me exactly what's wrong with it. Oh, and the trans is backordered too. :-(

The power windows work great tho. ;-)
</font>
Um... fuck... thats not good news cuz the CL-S tranny does the same thing when cold.

Several times it has gotten stuck in 1st or 2nd gear.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

Old 05-06-2001, 10:01 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
Um... fuck... thats not good news cuz the CL-S tranny does the same thing when cold.

Several times it has gotten stuck in 1st or 2nd gear.

</font>
The closest thing I have gotten to a diagnosis from a dealer is that it has an "internal problem that requires replacement of the trans". Unfortunately that means getting a part from Germany cause I have the tiptronic...

Old 05-07-2001, 07:43 PM
Learn to swim

My window does the same thing. Did it last summer never got a chance to take it in. It started acting up about two weeks ago with the warm days.

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Polarg M-4's driving lights, maps, and doors.
Old 05-07-2001, 07:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I cannot believe that so many people have this problem and no one has found a fix! WTF? No TSB either as far as I know.

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S
Old 05-07-2001, 08:08 PM
Learn to swim

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gavriil:
I cannot believe that so many people have this problem and no one has found a fix! WTF? No TSB either as far as I know.

</font>
I can, they can't figure out how to fix my uneven exhaust (3rd try) still f*&%ed up.
I must say Acura has the worst service I have ever seen. Park Ave is the only exception.

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Polarg M-4's driving lights, maps, and doors.
Old 05-07-2001, 08:29 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
And Pleasanton Acura has the 2000 Prestigious Customer Service award. They do excellent work !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-08-2001, 02:18 AM
3rd Gear

same here fellas, went to dealer and he replaced the sitch itself,but still no luck, what a bitch ehh???
Old 05-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Instructor

I too fell victim to the intermittant express down power window gremlin today: Temp 88F, took three tries to open window. After 50min ride home with AC on, window works like a champ. Definately temperature related.

------------------
The Red Rocket

bone-stock, and back to the way she oughta be!!
Old 05-11-2001, 08:34 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">plus the fact that our whole fucking door flexes when the window is maneuvered.
</font>
Dude, the CL-S door flex is NOTHING: you should see the flex on a '97 Z-28: the entire door MOVES when you open the window. Like everything bulges to fit the window inside it or something.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.