This is probably going to suprise alot of you............

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003 | 06:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is probably going to suprise alot of you............

This past Saturday night I met up with another member on this forum to buy his old AEM pulleys. He has a CL-P with I/H/E, UR pulleys, lightweight wheels with (I think) Yokohama tires, and a programmed V-AFC. So we decited to race a few times, and I swear he pulled on me every time. We made two runs from a stop to probably around 70-80mph and he always had me by at least 1 car (and sometimes more). Then I told him we should run from a roll, so we started from about 25-30mph both times and he still took me. Granted he has alot of mods, but I never realized that those CL-P's were THAT fast. Also, I beleive he has one of those "quick cars" that are abnormally fast from the factory. All I have to say is I have a new-found respect for this guy's ride. Good runs Ed, and thanks again for those pulleys!
Old 07-06-2003 | 07:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

damn...
Old 07-06-2003 | 07:43 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u should be able to take him..., i dont think any cl-p's have seen 14's
Old 07-06-2003 | 08:11 PM
I hate cops

is your car an auto? was his?
Old 07-06-2003 | 08:15 PM
A-CL Fanatic

Originally posted by blo2ck
is your car an auto? was his?
There is no way the CL-P wasn't auto..... um, only six speeds were the S's
Old 07-06-2003 | 08:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
check your acctuator...then look for exhaust leaks
Old 07-06-2003 | 08:25 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

From: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
yea thats weird, u got basically the same mods, and your a Type S so you should have no problem.
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:48 AM
Instructor

yeah thats just F*cked up........maybe.......we should start making up a bunch of idiotic excuses to why you lost....likeeeee....uhhh that you let him win just to feel cool since he doesnt have a Type S! j/k
Old 07-07-2003 | 02:18 AM
Instructor

get your car checked out u got basically the same mods, and your a Type S so you should have won.
Old 07-07-2003 | 06:00 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

CLPis 225 HP and CLS is 260HP. he only get the UR Pulleys which some 10 WHP max you still have the edge!
Old 07-07-2003 | 09:50 AM
noodles tastes good.

Maybe he was spraying and u didn't know ?
Old 07-07-2003 | 10:27 AM
Revving at 9K...

You've got to get your car checked out... That or you have some heavy ass rims and sound systems in the back...
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:09 PM
Racer

Originally posted by darrinb
u should be able to take him..., i dont think any cl-p's have seen 14's
Ermm.... excuse me? 14.71 here BEFORE i had my headers last year at Baytown in houston hot humid weather! wonder now after my headers
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:25 PM
Racer

LOOK!! DUMB ASSES!!! :P :P Anyway, STOP saying, i spray and check his car for problems... I actually called him and talked about this, cuz we KNEW that yall would say, "oh, check your car, something wrong with your car, bla bla bla, WE KNEW!!"

He knows and I know that his actuator is working right, and he knows and i know that his has no leak anywhere in the exhaust or any damn problem, nada! Why can't yall just accept that there are some CLP that are faster than normal CLP... PLUS, do yall have a CLP, what do yall know much about CLP other than numbers? If you drive it everyday, you would know.... My friends own several CLS.....

Ive ran with listed people... Silverknights, BlackCLS4Life, swt-cls, GunmetalPigCLS, and several other members.... ALL WITH THE SAME RESULTS!!! Now, does that mean, ALL these car all have the same problems??? does that mean, ALL their cars are fooked up? I DONT THINK SO! Does that mean, just happen to be ALL the houston TypeS are ALL have actuator problems?? Highly unlikely!

My point is, all these are my friends, and they are all hella nice.... and we all acccept the fact that, #1 reaction time #2, tractions #3, other stuff, have a lot to do with the results. Everytime when I ran with them, same result with everyone, I always lead like a car or two until like 80+, then they will pull back from behind, and I have said TEN THOUSANDS! times that, a TypeS are alot quicker on the freeway, but CLP do have quicker lowend torque!

I have ran too many times to count with all my friends' TypeS, and I dont think they all let go the gas and let me win... I dont think so.... Why cant yall stuck up ignoant people just accept the fact that, CLP could be faster, if #1, its a gifted car #2, the driver have 0.501 reaction time on the track #3, good traction tires could be faster...... Why cant yall just stop that "TypeS=Road King, because I have 260!!!"

Think about it, CLP and CLS only have about 35hps and only 15lbs of torque difference on a 3500lbs car, while TypeS is a tad heavier than CLP, yall seriously think that TypeS will be THAT fast off the line???? now, since TypeS do have more power, on highway is faster, and no question ask....

But, anyway, I know yall will be still like "I have a TypeS, I am faster, period"..... so whatever yall think is cool, and me and all my friends listed above know the fact. Man, these stuck up people pissed me off!

Quote of the day:
"I do have full respect of TypeS, and all other cars, and I will never think my car is SUPPOSE to be faster than any other car, becuase you never know whats out there"
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:33 PM
Racer

Originally posted by CLS2001_97124
You've got to get your car checked out... That or you have some heavy ass rims and sound systems in the back...
Check? Check wat? to see if his empty truck have some extra unexplainable weight? or check to see if his stock 01 TypeS rim have been secretly added weight to them or something?
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:49 PM
Instructor

The last time I checked my actuator it was working (about three months ago), and I checked it again today...works perfectly. My friend with the CL-P (laser1180) wasn't spraying. I have no system in my trunk (only spare tire), while he has two subs in his trunk. And yes, my rims are heavier than his (I am running on stock wheels, he has approximately 22lb. 18's). We are both auto, I kept mine in D5 (I know, I'm sure SS would have been faster); while I'm not sure if he was gate-shifting, SS, or D5.

Before we even raced, laser was telling me about how he would beat other CL-S's from a stop many times. His 14.7 w/o headers is quite impressive, ESPECIALLY for a CL-P. So I honestly do beleive it comes down to this: He does have an abnoramlly "quick car" from the factory, his reaction time (.501 at the track!!!) is VERY good, and he has much better traction. I started this post simply to share an "eye-opening" race, with no intention of starting a CL-P vs. CL-S war . I was just very suprised with the outcome of these four runs, and I thought you all might be as well. Thanks again for all the replies guys!
Old 07-07-2003 | 08:41 PM
Banned

damn...he told u guys whats what and whos who.
Old 07-07-2003 | 09:42 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

From: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Ed what tires are you running, since u get great traction. Nice job man, ur car is damn fast for a Cl-P
Old 07-07-2003 | 09:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by laser1180
LOOK!! DUMB ASSES!!!
i dont think it's #1 reaction time#2 tractions so it must be #3 other stuff...im gonna set up a run between you and a type S auto with I/H tires and you're gonna get smoked from the start to 3 cars to the top. then you're gonna realize that your freinds just cant drive and that it has nothing to do with being stuck up! yall
Old 07-07-2003 | 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
"TypeS=Road King, because I have 260!!!"

Old 07-08-2003 | 12:02 AM
Racer

Originally posted by typeR
i dont think it's #1 reaction time#2 tractions so it must be #3 other stuff...im gonna set up a run between you and a type S auto with I/H tires and you're gonna get smoked from the start to 3 cars to the top. then you're gonna realize that your freinds just cant drive and that it has nothing to do with being stuck up! yall
Oh, so you are saying that you are soo proud of your 3.5 can beat a CLP? Why all bragging about it? YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO! If you have a 3.5 and still cant beat a CLP, well, then you can trade in your car, i dont see whats soo happy about taking a CLP and beating a CLP.... also, i dont think you are the quickest either, someone out there will eat you anytimes they want....

BTW, i understand that no one is the quickest, and i know that someone out there always faster than you... when you say, "oh i am gonna set up a race with you, and spank your car... " wow, great.... hey, you know wat? let me give you a suggesstion!!! I think you would feel even better if you say that to a Civic DX, you will feel more powerful!

I never said that CLP is faster than a CLS, NONE of me nor swt-cls said that..... our point is, some cars out there could suprise you in a way, and saying that, my CLP is one of the gifted one... and AGAIN, i have said that, i truly believe that CLS are faster on highway or something....

Light to light run is all about traction and reaction time... so, if you think all these cant drive, then i have nothing to say! If you like it like that, hey, be my guest, just take it as NO ONE can drive except you? ok? and you are the quickest, and i am the slowest, HAPPY NOW???

Can we stop this thread here now, cuz theres REALLY no point of arguing CLP or CLS is faster... its like big brother and little brother fighting... If we are in this board all together, then we should BACK EACH OTHER UP, NOT SET UP RACE WITH EACH OTHER AND BRAGG ABOUT IT! so i think we should just stop here, and move on..... whoever faster or slower, ok, it dun matter, our goal is not to bragg about who is faster, its about the enjoyment of the rides that we have, and show other cars that we are here as a group, not individuals whos fighting to showoff....
Old 07-08-2003 | 12:04 AM
Racer

BTW, I appologiez about my "LOOK DUMB ASS", i deeply appoligiez for that, and please, allow me to take it back.... my bad! oops!
Old 07-08-2003 | 01:39 AM
///M POWER

i'll fuck u up laser, u cant fuck w/ 14.2.. cl-p cant touch the mighty power of the type S
Old 07-08-2003 | 04:05 AM
Suzuka Master

i'll fuck u up laser, u cant fuck w/ 14.2.. cl-p cant touch the mighty power of the type S
ahahahahaha....shut it!
Old 07-08-2003 | 11:44 AM
Racer

good for you fucker (since you said you gonna fuck me up, therefor you ARE a fucker)... i can always borrrow my friends secret weapon, and fuck you up upside down...

why you have to take this personal is it really a big deal that you can beat a CLP??? wow! i didnt know I am that important now, that i get all the attentions... not bad to have a CLP and piss yall off... thanks for the attentions! go aheead, the more you get pissed, the more i feel wow.... i dont mind loosing, cuz the fact is, IT IS OK TO LOOSE, and if you think your TypeS is soo fast, guess wat, someone will fuck you up anytime they want either...

I guess you dont read well, one last time, ive said, it doesnt matter who is faster and who is not, its NOT about take it personal... if you beat up my car, so wat, i can always take you in person! remember TX is legal can carry firearms?? haah, j/k... anyway, BTW, do you know that i am a guy, i didnt know you like to fuck... ahem.
Old 07-08-2003 | 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh, so you are saying that you are soo proud of your 3.5 can beat a CLP? Why all bragging about it? YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO! If you have a 3.5 and still cant beat a CLP, well, then you can trade in your car, i dont see whats soo happy about taking a CLP and beating a CLP.... also, i dont think you are the quickest either, someone out there will eat you anytimes they want....

BTW, i understand that no one is the quickest, and i know that someone out there always faster than you... when you say, "oh i am gonna set up a race with you, and spank your car... " wow, great.... hey, you know wat? let me give you a suggesstion!!! I think you would feel even better if you say that to a Civic DX, you will feel more powerful!

I never said that CLP is faster than a CLS, NONE of me nor swt-cls said that..... our point is, some cars out there could suprise you in a way, and saying that, my CLP is one of the gifted one... and AGAIN, i have said that, i truly believe that CLS are faster on highway or something....

Light to light run is all about traction and reaction time... so, if you think all these cant drive, then i have nothing to say! If you like it like that, hey, be my guest, just take it as NO ONE can drive except you? ok? and you are the quickest, and i am the slowest, HAPPY NOW???

Can we stop this thread here now, cuz theres REALLY no point of arguing CLP or CLS is faster... its like big brother and little brother fighting... If we are in this board all together, then we should BACK EACH OTHER UP, NOT SET UP RACE WITH EACH OTHER AND BRAGG ABOUT IT! so i think we should just stop here, and move on..... whoever faster or slower, ok, it dun matter, our goal is not to bragg about who is faster, its about the enjoyment of the rides that we have, and show other cars that we are here as a group, not individuals whos fighting to showoff....
i believe type r was referring to a random type s, he knows as well as many others that he has one of the faster cls here, no doubt, but yeah read his post again and dont get all worked up

"i dont think it's #1 reaction time#2 tractions so it must be #3 other stuff...im gonna set up a run between you and ***"a type S"***(not his) auto with I/H tires and you're gonna get smoked from the start to 3 cars to the top. then you're gonna realize that your freinds just cant drive and that it has nothing to do with being stuck up! yall"

anyways stop arguing this is pretty immature dont you think, but if i must add, my penis is bigger than yours hahah :P
Old 07-08-2003 | 02:24 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've raced Laser several times at the track and he can launch with the best of them. He would beat me until I got to 70 and then I would pass. I'm not the best driver out there but far from the worst. I've been trying to tell you guys CL-Ps aren't slow especially from a stop and in the hands of a capable driver may show you its tails in a stoplight race.
Old 07-08-2003 | 02:46 PM
Revving at 9K...

Check? Check wat? to see if his empty truck have some extra unexplainable weight? or check to see if his stock 01 TypeS rim have been secretly added weight to them or something?

Laser, please take it easy... The reason why I asked is because he didn't mention that he had stock rims with no systems in the original post, so I thought I'd ask before passing any judgement.

The only thing I can say is that if you are a good drive with excellent reaction time, more power too you! I'm sure you can drive any cars to their full potential at the track. But before you came out and told us that, it was hard to believe, even for you I'm sure.

Thanks for clearing things up!

Old 07-08-2003 | 05:28 PM
Racer

A good TL-P stock...15.3 Then add headers .2
intake .1
pulleys .1
lite wheels .1
Result 14.8 or better!
just my 2CW...
Old 07-08-2003 | 06:06 PM
Racer

laser had run with me before, I am telling ya, his car at low end is faster then my typeS with header, intake, pulley n all those stuff.......... but anyways, take it easy laser, i belive your car is fast
Old 07-08-2003 | 09:20 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe its faster because there is less torque to spin tires off the line and therefore hooks up faster for a quicker 60' time, or maybe the car is is a one-of-a-kind CL-P FREAK show. Whatever, thanks for sharing your CL-S beating story and congratulations. Now calm the fuck down dude.
Old 07-08-2003 | 10:33 PM
Racer

Hey yall... sorry being aggressive!! my bad!! :P

Hey, it really doesnt matter whos faster and whos not.... the fact is, we are all together in this group.... sorry about all those aggressive comments..... oops!

but one thing tho, i always the TypeS freeway power, no compare....

Hey hey, BTW, this is for yall... j/k
Old 07-08-2003 | 11:02 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by typeR
then you're gonna realize that your freinds just cant drive
....I guess I'm not even going to respond to this, since I'd rather all this hatin just end .

All I have to say is: Laser, great runs man! It was nice meeting you, you're a cool guy for hookin me up with those pulleys. And again, I have a new respect for this guy's car. The whole reason why I started this post was to share these races with you all, and to show you there are some very respectable CL-P's out there. Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2003 | 01:47 AM
Racer

Originally posted by swt-cls
....I guess I'm not even going to respond to this, since I'd rather all this hatin just end .

All I have to say is: Laser, great runs man! It was nice meeting you, you're a cool guy for hookin me up with those pulleys. And again, I have a new respect for this guy's car. The whole reason why I started this post was to share these races with you all, and to show you there are some very respectable CL-P's out there. Thanks again!
Hey dun worry about the whole thing, theres not hate here, we just fuckin around with each others....

Hey man, its nice to meet u, you are very welcome about those pulleys, no need to thanks me!! hey, we need to meet up some other time again, along with my other TypeS friends... why not we houston CLs (all of those who cant drive), lets have a mini meet up and stuff......

Hey gunmetal, youve gotta meet up with me and swt-cls... he is cool... and thanks for your support too.... BTW, hope your car will be ok, i feel OUCH for you, especially for a new car, and got hit... dont worry, Art in SABS will take care of you!
Old 07-09-2003 | 01:57 AM
Pro

hey laser you rock! hope to get my cl-p that quick some day.
Old 07-09-2003 | 04:12 AM
Racer

Originally posted by briancl
hey laser you rock! hope to get my cl-p that quick some day.
Naaa, mine aint that quick, just luck... hehe... but when i go LA, next week, we can meet up or something.....

i will be staying in San Gaberial and Hill St.... if you know where that at.... if not, we can always meet up at Diamond Plaza
Old 07-09-2003 | 05:46 AM
A-CL Senior Member

Naaa, mine aint that quick, just luck... hehe... but when i go LA, next week, we can meet up or something.....

i will be staying in San Gaberial and Hill St.... if you know where that at.... if not, we can always meet up at Diamond Plaza
Did I hear Diamond plaza. Briancl and I live around that area. We are friends. Maybe I can meet up with you guys. PM me for my aim screen if you use aim.