ppl who have polarg m6 installed, you may not be able to get them out w/o removing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 12:50 PM
sts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppl who have polarg m6 installed, you may not be able to get them out w/o removing

Okay one of my polargs burnt out. Bought a new one yesterday. Just as I was getting under the car, I noticed that the bulb had warped in shape. There's this bulge on the top of it which prevents me from removing it from the housing. I checked the other side & it also had the same bulge. I'm so pissed!!! I have to remove the housing now and take it apart. Trouble is, I have no idea how to remove the housing. Someone please help me out on this one. Guess I'll switch to the piaas since their bulbs are smaller. This sucks.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info... I think I'll go check mine!

------------------
White/Black 2001 CL-S (3rd sold in Austin)
- navigation, moonroof visor, upgraded cupholder, Acura spoiler
- Polarg m-6, tint 20% rear, 35% sides, Eibach springs
- 18" Racing Hart C2000 Evo's w/Pirelli P7000's, V1 hardwired
- Polk Momo 12" sub w/Precision Power amp, AudioControl Epicenter
Old 06-10-2001, 02:03 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

One screw releases the housing. It's approached from the inside side of the housing through the grill. Use a long bladed Phillips to get to it from the outside of the grill. Make sense? Shawn S posted a link to the Helms manual showing where it is. I use the Polargs as well and mine are fine. They were not a tight fit either going in. Mine have no bulging. You didn't by any chance touch the bulb with your finger did you? That would cause the bulge. The acid and oil from your body fluids (?) will cause that to happen on any type of high wattage bulb.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-10-2001, 03:50 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
One screw releases the housing. It's approached from the inside side of the housing through the grill. Use a long bladed Phillips to get to it from the outside of the grill. Make sense? Shawn S posted a link to the Helms manual showing where it is. I use the Polargs as well and mine are fine. They were not a tight fit either going in. Mine have no bulging. You didn't by any chance touch the bulb with your finger did you? That would cause the bulge. The acid and oil from your body fluids (?) will cause that to happen on any type of high wattage bulb.

</font>

Yes, The best thing to do is get some latex gloves (like the ones the cops use when they strip search criminals) and install the bulbs that way.

Old 06-10-2001, 03:58 PM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

taking the assembly off the car is the 'easy' part. i had to break the bulbs to get mine out (screwdriver & needle-nosed pliers)-and then shake out all of the pieces for about 10 minutes to get them thru the little hole...it's really FUN!!

did you get any clouding on the inside top of the assembly just above the bulb?? my mirroring started to f*ck up (i'm feeling 'PG-rated' today guys)

good luck

------------------
you are not your fukking signature.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:01 PM
sts
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:

</font>
Thanks for your help. If I had touched it there would be bulges on the top & bottom. There's only 1 bulge. I never touched it until I had to insert the bulb & I did use a glove to insert it. I guess the glove was dirty. Or maybe the bulbs bulge when they're about to burn out. Or maybe the store I bought them @ sells defects. I think I've had those bulbs since Oct. or Nov. How long have you had yours? Mine were a tight fit going in. At first I didn't think they were going to fit. I wiggled it just to get it through.

silveress: Yes I do have that cloud you're talking about. Anyone else?

Old 06-10-2001, 05:16 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Mine have been in since December with no problems. As a matter of fact, since the bulbs are a little more than three times the wattage of what was in there, I have been looking often. No signs of fatigue or frosting as of yet.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-11-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro

If you need pics on how to remove the housing, checkout THE GARAGE >> FAQS >> Road Lamps Rewire.
Old 06-11-2001, 03:49 AM
- daemonichris -

just break the bulb in the housing and shake the pieces out... that's what i did... and now i'm sticking to the piaa's

------------------
Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Black/Ebony

H&R Sport Springs | Pirelli P7000 Supersport 235/40ZR17 on stock rims | Neuspeed Tower Strut Bar | Custom CAI | Cleared Headlights, PIAA 19169 | Tint all around | Mesh Grill | Dual 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs | Kenwood KAC-728S Amp | RÄZO real carbon pedals
Old 06-11-2001, 04:05 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris:
just break the bulb in the housing and shake the pieces out... that's what i did... and now i'm sticking to the piaa's

</font>
the polargs look better.

------------------
you are not your fukking signature.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:19 AM
Drifting

Just FYI guys, if you turn the bulb as it comes out you will see that the bulb will come out with out breaking. The bulb is shaped weird from the factory. So many people keep breaking there bulbs because they don't turn them as they put them in and pull them out.

------------------
Mustang Killa