A popped strut, from Comptech springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
A popped strut, from Comptech springs?

Okay, I learned a valuable lesson in modding my cls, don't try to save money useing a cheap mechanic with a missing eye when installing springs. At least the other three springs aren't giving me problems, yet.
What I really need is advice. I had the springs installed and a week later, the rear left strut started leaking oil. took it to the dealer, and they said they can't cover it since the dealer didn't install the springs, and the broken strut could have been created due to the mechanic's mistakes. Now, the mechanic offered to replace the shock for free. But If something else goes wrong, I prolly won't be covered by acura and honestly, I don't trust this mechanic anymore. I was thinking, should I take the car as is to another dealer and have them unistall and reinstall the springs as well as fix the strut or just let the mechanic fix the strut and call it a day? I'm so discouraged from modding my car anymore. My ride is so bumpy now too. just discovered a few more rattles.

Oh yeah, does Park ave acura install aem intake?
Old 05-12-2002, 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seriously

u need to get cough up some dough and get aftermarket shocks and strut

the stock ones are going to go bad anyways

konis should do it

do the intake by yourself

or have somone on the board help you install it

heck i would install it for free but i live in texas

sidemarker
Old 05-12-2002, 11:35 PM
Former Sponsor

about the struts, would that make the ride a bit smoother? I really like the look of the drop, but in NY, the roads are just horrible. I really don't care much for the handleing, So I want to maintain the look of the drop with the most comfortable ride possible. Would aftermarket shocks do that?
Old 05-13-2002, 01:05 AM
I love my CL-S

Hey rondog i am getting the koni's..coz my springs is fucking bothering me too...the ride is too harsh and it's making noises everytime i brake hard and go over bumps..

I just ordered my koni's..i think they will help
Old 05-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Instructor

my right rear strut blew out too. had ground control coilovers in for about 2months and the strut started to leak oil just like you said yours did. didnt even bother taking it back to the dealer with coilovers in there to try and get it covered under warranty and there was no way i was gonna put the stock springs back in just to get a new factory strut. so i just got the apex coilovers...no problems since
Old 05-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Old 05-13-2002, 03:01 AM
do it yourself, !

Originally posted by rondog
about the struts, would that make the ride a bit smoother? I really like the look of the drop, but in NY, the roads are just horrible. I really don't care much for the handleing, So I want to maintain the look of the drop with the most comfortable ride possible. Would aftermarket shocks do that?
Wsup Rondog..just get aftermarket shocks..liek konis. You can set them real soft and it'll feel like stock suspension. Mine is set pretty stiff and I feel every bump on the road..but I don't mind that. I'm done with finals..i'm just moving into my new place and I'll be home by the end of the week. We can meet up and you can check out the ride if you'd like. I have my back seats out and had them out for the longest time so you'll be able to adjust and feel what you would like. Yea and don't go cheap on installs like that..you're better off doing it yourself. And I'll help you install the intake!!! Don't pay for that. It's all about DIY man!! you'll love it 10x's better.

peace
jeremy
Old 05-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by langjae

Wsup Rondog..just get aftermarket shocks..liek konis. You can set them real soft and it'll feel like stock suspension. Mine is set pretty stiff and I feel every bump on the road..but I don't mind that. I'm done with finals..i'm just moving into my new place and I'll be home by the end of the week. We can meet up and you can check out the ride if you'd like. I have my back seats out and had them out for the longest time so you'll be able to adjust and feel what you would like. Yea and don't go cheap on installs like that..you're better off doing it yourself. And I'll help you install the intake!!! Don't pay for that. It's all about DIY man!! you'll love it 10x's better.

peace
jeremy
sounds good
I really need to take care of this ride issue, I drive alot and use my car for my business I'm just gonna install my factory shock and wait till they go before I change the whole setup. PM me your phone # and we can hook up. Did you ever meet Bigman on the tl board?
later,
rondog
Old 05-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rondog
Aftermarket struts and springs are all about stiffening it up to make it handle better although you MIGHT be able to get it soft enough to be close to stock if you get adjustable ones. If you want the stock ride but don't want it so high you could always just cut the springs.