POLL!! Mercedes S55 v.s. Mazda Rx7

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 03:43 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DtEW:
This is just about the most idiotically ambiguous query I've ever had the bad luck to run across.

I'm pretty sure that those who are choosing the S55 over the RX7 are trying to read the question as, "if someone were to give you either a S55 or RX7, which one would you keep to own?"

I might be going out on a limb, but the last I've heard is that only in La-La land will somebody give you a S55.

Those that chose the RX7 are obviously reading it as, "which one would you own, the S55 or the RX7?"

Even for the severely schizophrenic buyer (the only kind of buyer who would actually be agonizing between the S55 and the RX7), an little thing called value tends to to pop up every now and then. The S55 is just about the most overpriced vehicle for what it is nowadays. Even a completely clapped-out RX7 offers a better bang for your buck.

So let's get back to Amir's attempt at coming up w/a conclusions about your choices. The fact that those who chose the S55 were trying to read an ambiguous query in the most improbable light may just say "a lot about taste," and "how SMART people really are."

</font>
the question is, if somebody was going to GIVE you a S55 or the choice of a RX7..and you were going to HAVE to drive it, not sell it and get 5 RX7's..if you had to pick one for rfree and DRIVE IT..which one would you choose?

on off-topic.net, i believe 45 people chose to take an RX7, and 3 of them said the S55
i was one of the ones who chose the S55..i and i just cant see why anywone would take a mazda over the s55

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

"I come for the Car Talk, but stay for the Ramblings"
Old 06-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by doc majic:
AMIRS....what do you think is a better looking car?
And if you don't know what you are doing and you do blow an engine at 60K you can pop in a rebuilt one for $3000 and your as good as new. Rotory's are cheap to rebuild because they usually just need new apex seals. Thats the same price as the MB's 60,000 mile routine maintenance.

</font>
Okay, I am not gonna list how many cars look better than a Rx7, cause were trying to save server space,..but all i am gonna say is its the nicest Mazda i have ever seen, but thats about it..I think my CLS is better looking by 10x

And I HOPE you are exagerating about the 60000mile thing being $3000, i mean, thats just Crazy...maximum, would probably be 700 dollars..and thats canadian currency..

And you should also know that the average buyer of a S55 does not keep a car for 60k miles...i am pretty sure most of the buyers are leasers..and drive new shit every 3 years.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Old 06-03-2001, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

Amirs....I think the cold air in Canada has frozen your retinas or you have a lesion in your occipital lobe. Or you are still mad the Leafs lost...again. I realize its personal preference but there is no way a CLS is better looking. (even though I really like the CLS) I would bet 99% would pick an RX7 as better looking then CLS. Most people I know think that the RX is one of the best looking cars ever made. ( 8 years later and I still have people follow me and ask if it is a Ferrari or Viper..etc...which became extremely annoying the first couple of times) Even my buddy who owns a C5 loves the lines of the RX and even though he hates Jap cars. I will stick by it being one of the best looking cars ever made, and it's not just because I own one. And there is NO WAY you could make a long list of cars better looking. Now your being a little ridiculis.
And yes if someone put an RX7 and an MB in front of me and told me to chose, of course I would take the MB. Its a brand new $125K car. But I'm going to go with a new M3 ( I got it for sticker, I would not have paid more then sticker for it) and the RX (best of both worlds) and still have $50K to invest so I can retire when I'm 45 or put a downpayment on a 360 when I finish up school.

------------------
93 RX7 R1 don't feel like listing all mods
98 5.9 limited Grand Cherokee K&N gen 2 FIPK
2001 CL-S (w/nav) girlfriends but its as good as mine

[This message has been edited by doc majic (edited 06-03-2001).]
Old 06-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Race Director

Amirs....I think the cold air in Canada has frozen your retinas or you have a lesion in your occipital lobe. Or you are still mad the Leafs lost...again. I realize its personal preference but there is no way a CLS is better looking. (even though I really like the CLS) I would bet 99% would pick an RX7 as better looking then CLS. Most people I know think that the RX is one of the best looking cars ever made. ( 8 years later and I still have people follow me and ask if it is a Ferrari or Viper..etc...which became extremely annoying the first couple of times) Even my buddy who owns a C5 loves the lines of the RX and even though he hates Jap cars. I will stick by it being one of the best looking cars ever made, and it's not just because I own one. And there is NO WAY you could make a long list of cars better looking. Now your being a little ridiculis.
And yes if someone put an RX7 and an MB in front of me and told me to chose, of course I would take the MB. Its a brand new $125K car. But I'm going to go with a new M3 ( I got it for sticker, I would not have paid more then sticker for it) and the RX (best of both worlds) and still have $50K to invest so I can retire when I'm 45 or put a downpayment on a 360 when I finish up school.

</font>
I said i THINK the CL is better looking..and i think lots would agree with me..

I mean, you could get a RX7 for 32K...and if its faster AND better looking, and as reliable as you say, then why did everyone here get a CL-S???

I know there are those that dont buy used cars,..but still, if we really thought it was that better looking, we would have made the sacrifice of dirinv a used car.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Old 06-03-2001, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

To make things even, look at a good picture of an RX7. http://www.rx7club.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001326.html
I'd post it here but, I don't know how. Can anyone help me do this?
Can you look at this car and tell me its not a fantastic looking car?

Here in the East you would not want to drive an RX7 in the winter. So if you only want to buy and pay (cheaper)insurance on one car you get a CLS. It's also bigger (5 seats vs 2)and easier to get in and out of....it's more practical. It also has a much softer ride.

------------------
Old 06-03-2001, 11:03 PM
Race Director

thats a nice RX7, but that is not what they look like stock, in my opinion a stock CL-S, looks better than a stock RX7, ... also, in my opinion a cl-s with mods and looks add ons, looks better than that RX7..

check out some of the CL-S's on this board...BEautiful.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Old 06-03-2001, 11:42 PM
Intermediate

The only difference b/w stock and this one is the rims, the front lip spoiler was painted and the front quarter panel turn signal lights were added..which I don't particularly care for. ...Otherwise the body is a stock R1 (R2) model.

------------------
Old 06-04-2001, 01:29 AM
Race Director

The only difference b/w stock and this one is the rims, the front lip spoiler was painted and the front quarter panel turn signal lights were added..which I don't particularly care for. ...Otherwise the body is a stock R1 (R2) model.

</font>
you know what, this is pointless..why should we even bother with this topic??

i mean, your driving the car you love, and i am driving the car i love..i think thats what matters..

I am happy for you man..

Nice chatting.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Old 06-04-2001, 02:33 AM
Back to Four Doors

This has degenerated into a real BS thread ... I mean we got people comparing the RX7 to a MB to a Ferrari to a CL-S to god knows what. How about next time, you just answer the question as posed, then move on. If you don't agree with the previous poster then move on ...

I would take the MB in a heartbeat if given the choice with no money out of my pocket ...

Now for those who wish ... flame on ...

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK, Comptech Sways coming soon
Lic: THX CBOE
Old 06-04-2001, 12:24 PM
Rod
Drifting

No question, S55!!