A police patrol car is in your rear view mirror....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001 | 02:59 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

A police patrol car is in your rear view mirror....

what do you do when you are taking a ramp to join a highway in the middle of the night and he is just 50-yards away....

I mean how do you behave and react if you are in such situation?

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 01-23-2001 | 03:20 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

smash the trottle till you see GAWD !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-23-2001 | 03:25 AM
w.t.f., mate?

err...downshift?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino

Former post count : Over 470
Old 01-23-2001 | 03:34 AM
Senior Moderator

hehehheh, "O pls God don't let him give me a ticket!!!"

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
Best 0-60. 6.08 Gtech Pro (Preheaders)

My Car
Old 01-23-2001 | 03:42 AM
Rx Master

I either drop to SS mode, and drop down to 3rd or 2nd, or dop down thru the regualre gear box. I always droppedn the gears in all my other cars, i guess u can mess up tranny after years and years of it, but \who cares , my car is leased.
wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
coilovers or springs to come soon 501+ posts makes me a freak on the old Cl page.

Old 01-23-2001 | 11:05 AM
Adult Supervision

swerve at him and dump him in the snowbank!

I assume you mean you are cranking down the highway at 75-80 and he is coming onto the highway from the ramp. I usually slow down dramatically and let him get in front. If I pass him before he gets on then eyes front, no brake lights that he can see, speed limit plus 5 maybe and act small. Usually he speeds by, maybe slows to give me dirty look and then zooms off at 80mph.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-23-2001 | 11:24 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

What I did is that I accalerated to 55 mph as an ole gran'ma would do, slap on the cruze kontrol... and stayed on right lane and let him followm me for 1 exit or so... he he he... act smallllll....
Old 01-23-2001 | 01:36 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

stick a pillow into the passanger's stomach, and yelling, "my wife is in labor, i gotta get her to the hospital!!!!", and go vrrooooooooooom!

speaking of which, i actually read of a guy was speeding because he had to go to the bathroom really really bad (bad food poison, i guess), the cop actually followed him into his apartment making sure he did have to use the bathroom, and therefore did not issue him a ticket for ticket.

------------------
2001 Stock Black/Black CL Type S
Old 01-23-2001 | 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by uu:
stick a pillow into the passanger's stomach, and yelling, "my wife is in labor, i gotta get her to the hospital!!!!", and go vrrooooooooooom!

speaking of which, i actually read of a guy was speeding because he had to go to the bathroom really really bad (bad food poison, i guess), the cop actually followed him into his apartment making sure he did have to use the bathroom, and therefore did not issue him a ticket for ticket.
</font>

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Blue Sub 6
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832
Old 01-23-2001 | 04:10 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike:
hehehheh, "O pls God don't let him give me a ticket!!!"

</font>
Panic and then recite these lyrics.
"O pls God don't let him give me a ticket!!!"
until he passes you.
then when he passes you
"Thank you God"
then curse at the cop while tail gating him.
"Fucker"

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.
Old 01-23-2001 | 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

slam on the brakes, what the hell else? So what if the front of the car takes a dive indicating, ahem, imprudent speed. If the cop doesn't get a read on you with radar how is he going to testify (if you challenge it in court) as to how fast you were going BEFORE you hit the brakes? I did this in dramatic fashion on the 401 (Canadian equivalent of the autobahn) going about 110-120 in my Prelude 7 years ago. An Ontario Highway cop was going in the opposite direction when I spotted him before he spotted me. He turned around, pulled me over and said "I know you were going faster than the speed limit, but there's nothing I can do except tell you to slow down!" I said yes sir and took off. Key is, see him before he sees you.

------------------
'01 Satin Silver CL-S, tint, Momo Cobra Carbon, Mobil1
Old 01-23-2001 | 04:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
whenever there is a cop 50 yards behind me...he usually has his lights on

------------------
pays to be young and crazy

-99 acura 3.0 CL
-58 Caddy Eldorado Biarritz
-55 chevy suburban (chopped dropped tubbed)
Old 01-23-2001 | 04:58 PM
I love my G sedan

Slow down and try to look calm!!!
Old 01-23-2001 | 05:14 PM
magnet

blaze it up and ash him if he wants a toke of that shit

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims, greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)paxton fuel pressure regulator, slammed on nex suspension

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
Old 01-23-2001 | 07:16 PM
Adult Supervision

When I was 16 and driving my brothers old celica a number of years back, a state trooper pulled up behind me, at night, on an interstate. I was very nervous cause this was the first time I was driving a standard on the interstate.

I tried to slow down discretely and he pulled up next to me & then went about 1 car length ahead. Then slowed and sat next to me. I slowed. Then he went a car length ahead - then slowed again. WTF! Now we're both doing about 50 in a 65. Finally I say f-it and I pull over unsolicited. He pulls over ahead and then does the "I'm a state trooper and can drive 40mph in reverse in the emergency lane."

He comes out of his car walking quickly and says - "Turn your damn high beams off!" and turns around, gets back in his car and speeds off! I was so nervous I forgot to drop the beams when he first pulled up next to me!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-23-2001 | 09:45 PM
Pro

you guys have nothing I've been out driving around (I'm 16) at 2 am. Lets see it is a 30 minute trip from school to my house even at two am so lets see I see one cop before I get on the freeway one on the free way then I get off on rosevelt and there is a train blocking the first entrance to the forest (where I live) so I speed up to 70 in a 45 that changes to a 50, no one is around anyways the second entrance is blocked and I get caught at that stoplight (at the second entrance) and there is a Supra TT revving on me. I didn't race him but I did get back up to 70 until my radar dectector went apeshit. Anyways I slow down drastically and as I round the bend in the turn lane for the third entrance to the forest there are 4 cop cars all with lights one and a couple cops in the cars and a few out of them ther was one standing around with a radar gun needless to say I went to the fourth and final way to get in the forest. Oh yhea and they didn't notice me at all I guess they were too busy nailing the Supra TT guy who was doing 80-90 in a 50. and then there is a cop in the forest busting some party going on as I drive by he has two teens out in the front yard. I'm sitting here like oh shit.
Old 01-23-2001 | 10:08 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [DWI]:
you guys have nothing I've been out driving around (I'm 16) at 2 am. Lets see it is a 30 minute trip from school to my house even at two am so lets see I see one cop before I get on the freeway one on the free way then I get off on rosevelt and there is a train blocking the first entrance to the forest (where I live) so I speed up to 70 in a 45 that changes to a 50, no one is around anyways the second entrance is blocked and I get caught at that stoplight (at the second entrance) and there is a Supra TT revving on me. I didn't race him but I did get back up to 70 until my radar dectector went apeshit. Anyways I slow down drastically and as I round the bend in the turn lane for the third entrance to the forest there are 4 cop cars all with lights one and a couple cops in the cars and a few out of them ther was one standing around with a radar gun needless to say I went to the fourth and final way to get in the forest. Oh yhea and they didn't notice me at all I guess they were too busy nailing the Supra TT guy who was doing 80-90 in a 50. and then there is a cop in the forest busting some party going on as I drive by he has two teens out in the front yard. I'm sitting here like oh shit.</font>
Hey DWI, man, I'm quite sure you got quite a story, but gheeezz, can anybody read and understand this sh*t?

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-24-2001 | 12:50 AM
Number 37

I was doing 80 down in Austin at 2:30 in the morn. on I35. I could barely see cause the it was cold and the windows were all fogged up. All of a sudden the car pulls next to me and it's a cop. I get all nervous but don't slow down. He passes me like nothing happened.
Phew!!!

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks
Old 01-24-2001 | 01:19 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
Panic and then recite these lyrics.
until he passes you.
then when he passes you
"Thank you God"
then curse at the cop while tail gating him.
"Fucker"

</font>
that's exactly what I do

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-24-2001 | 01:24 AM
Team Owner

Since this seems to be turning into a “COP STORY” thread, here is one I remember.
This reminds me of an incident that happened when I was in my late teens back in the 80’s.
I was driving my Black 86 Daytona Turbo-Z.

I was driving home from my late night job at about 2:00AM and made a turn onto a dark twisty road on the way to my house.
As I passed the turn off, I saw a local cop parked in the woods near the end of the road.
Once on the road, I looked in my mirror and saw the cop pull out behind me WITHOUT HIS HEADLIGHTS ON.
I continued on at about 40MPH in the 45MPH zone and the SOB was about 2-3 car lengths behind me.
He followed me for about 2-Miles like this until I finally said FUCK IT.
I slammed on my brakes full lock from 40 to ZERO.
When I did this, the entire front grill of the patrol car lit up RED from my brake lights.
Somehow miraculously he was able to stop without hitting me.

I did this on a stretch of road that is notorious for DEER hits.
I figured if he hit me, I would just say a deer ran out and I had to stop suddenly.
He would have had some serious explaining to do.

After my SHORT STOP I continued on and he eventually caught up to me, with headlights ON now, and followed me the entire way home looking for a reason to pull me over.
He never did and I never had this happen again.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-24-2001 | 01:50 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Damm, what a fuckker, is tbis cop out of his mind? following you at 2:00AM with NO headlights ON? is not that a traffic law violation? at least that is extreemly stupid!!

I would go to the local police HQ and file an offical complaint!
Old 01-24-2001 | 01:52 AM
uu
Burning Brakes

are you sure it is a real cop? maybe it is an episode of Maniac Cop comes to real life

------------------
2001 Stock Black/Black CL Type S
Old 01-24-2001 | 02:08 AM
Intermediate

Seeing this thread prompted me to remember that time when a cop was riding right on my tail.

I was only 16 yrs. old at the time, with my classmates, on the way home from school. I had just recently grabbed my liscence to drive, viz., I was new at the driving game and ever so careful.

Anyway, my friends noted that the cop had been on my tail for a couple of minutes. Being the nervous geek that I was, I got scared and saw that my lane seemed narrower and narrower (but it wasn't ending!!!).

I accidentally hit the island beside the lane I was on and drove on it for a good 10 seconds or so. You had to have seen it, these highschool kids in a K-Car driving on the curb with a cop in prime view of it - boy was it rough!

The miracle was that the cop did not do anything! Now for sure he saw that I was on the darn curb! He did not do anything.

------------------
'01 CL-S PDG stock
Old 01-24-2001 | 06:51 AM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
Damm, what a fuckker, is tbis cop out of his mind? following you at 2:00AM with NO headlights ON? </font>
I have witnessed NJ State Troopers pull this stunt as well. It was not that late at night (11pm) and was about 10 years ago - on an interstate (Rt78)

------------------
Old 01-24-2001 | 06:52 AM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
Damm, what a fuckker, is tbis cop out of his mind? following you at 2:00AM with NO headlights ON? </font>
I have witnessed NJ State Troopers pull this stunt as well. It was not that late at night (11pm) and was about 10 years ago - on an interstate (Rt78)

Sorry for the studdering....

------------------

[This message has been edited by MikeS 18 (edited 01-24-2001).]
Old 01-24-2001 | 12:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Haloween day last year I went to a company party and had a couple drinks even tho Im under age(open bar).
Then I felt like driving 2 hours to JMU to go chill w/ some friends. So before I make my trip I stopped by 7-11 and got a twinkie and a starbuck frappichino. My trip is about 80 miles on I66 and then about 70 miles on I81. First of all there's like no lights, Im falling asleep, half drunk and hungry. As i was approching w/ about 1 mile left on 66 I got pulled over. Im like WTF I didn't even see the damn car.
I was like shitting in my pants and quickly took a big bite out of the twinkie and goulped down some frapichino thinking it would cover the beer and alchol smell.
"Can you lower your window sir"
I then lowred my window and was like
"Hey how ya doin, Officer I didn't even see you"
"Do you know why I pulled you over"
"Uh, no not really"
"You were sewerving between two lanes"
"OH, Im sorry I was reaching over and getting my food and coffee so I wouldn't fall asleep"
Then he flashes his flashlight in my car and sees 2 pack of twinkies and a starbuck frappichio and decides to let me go.
He then just told me that my tinted licence plate cover was illegal and that I should take it off.
I was like
"Thank you God, Thank you God, I"ll never drink and drive again I get your message"
After that I was like wide awake and sober cause it scared the living shit out of me.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.