Polarg and PIAA...too friggin confusing!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 04:38 PM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polarg and PIAA...too friggin confusing!!

it's not the fact that there is such a selection between bulbs, it's the fact that they're so similar to each other...for example, i could find about 6 PIAA bulbs that will conceivably work for the road lamps based on their descriptions...it's annoying and doesn't help very much...i guess that's their way of getting u to buy a ton of their bulbs.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:53 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
My first set of PIAA's were bought from this guy on eBay. He's got a nice comparison pic of several of the colors -

Just match them up with the bulb number on PIAA's site - http://www.piaa.com/wedgebulbs.html

I guess it's all about color preference. I was looking for an HID match without being too blue.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:32 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scooter, PIAA 19224 or Polarg M-6. Both are 18 watts. Both are the same color temp. If you go with the PIAA 168 series of lights or the Polarg M-4 light, you will only get 5 watts!! BIG difference!!! You will barely see the 5 watts with your headlights on!!! PIAA is the brand I chose because of their name and rep!! They cost a little more that Polargs, but I think they are worth it!! Pick either the 19224's or the M-6's. Now I have it narrowed down to only TWO different bulbs!!! YOU CAN DO IT SCOOTER, make the decision!!!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:35 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AztecRol
Scooter, PIAA 19224 or Polarg M-6. Both are 18 watts. Both are the same color temp. If you go with the PIAA 168 series of lights or the Polarg M-4 light, you will only get 5 watts!! BIG difference!!! You will barely see the 5 watts with your headlights on!!! PIAA is the brand I chose because of their name and rep!! They cost a little more that Polargs, but I think they are worth it!! Pick either the 19224's or the M-6's. Now I have it narrowed down to only TWO different bulbs!!! YOU CAN DO IT SCOOTER, make the decision!!!!!
believe me, i'm well versed in the 19224/M6 debate since Chod and i were the first to do side-by-side pics of the 2 against each other im just starting to understand PIAA's lineup of wedge bulbs, but still, it's very confusing...it's not like there is one type of bulb that works for the road lamps for example...their descriptions on the site don't help either b/c each bulb practically says the same thing, so u're left wondering if this bulb will work better than that bulb, and unless u stumble on the above color chart, which i couldn't find on their site for some reason, u're also wondering what the colors are gonna look like...and in my opinion, the 19224's look almost the same as the Super Plasma's on the above chart, while they say the 19224's are the closest to HID yet and are classified as Xtreme Super White...also, the fact that the site does not state that the 5w bulbs can b interchanged with interior lights is also confusing b/c u're left wondering if in fact these bulbs were meant to b used as interiors as well, cept for the T6 (19223) which is solely for the dome light...finally, the bulb numbers have to go...19223, 19224, 19225 is just too disorientating...how bout they make separate sections, one for exteriors and one for interiors and go from there...so that's y for me it's confusing BTW, this all started when i wanted to do a major interior lighting overhaul with Polargs but wanted to see what PIAA had comparably.