polarg M6's melting 'foglights' (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 12:10 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
polarg M6's melting 'foglights' (long post)

tried to swap out my polargs with the PIAA 19169's tonite. could not get the bulbs out of the assembly to save my life. the first one got stuck inside, and i broke it trying to get it out. the second one broke while yanking it thru the hole in the assembly. after shaking out all the broken pieces (which takes awhile ), i noticed that the 'plasti-chrome' was starting to melt just above the bulbs. one of the bulbs was turning black on the top side-not too good. there is not much clearance from the bulb to the plastic--now i know why the other bulbs are so small (and so anemic-looking).

the lesson for the day is HOW TO GET THE LIGHT ASSEMBLY OFF THE CAR--took me a while in the dark to figure this out, so i hope it helps someone in the future. the lights are held in place by one screw. look in the upper grille (at the bottom of the bumper cover) and you will see a small slot for your screwdriver (philips of course). feel your way with your hand in the lower slot until you find it-use you finger. the assembly pops out after the screw is loose-push the light from behind just under the screw--all done!

i am wondering if drilling a few holes at the top or back of the light would help it vent? the only problem with this is that the bumper cover plastic is right above it and i'm sure it doesn't have the heat rating that the assembly has-much softer plastic. it would be great if someone could figure out a modification for this--after all my effort, i think i like the brighness of the polargs better after doing my own comparo. the moral is...i shouldn't have f*cked with em!!!!
Old 02-08-2001, 12:14 AM
Adult Supervision

SilverEss,

Don't bother sending me the broken glass. I am sad. Thanks for the effort.

What are you going to do now? Buy more Polarg's or go with the 169's?

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 02-08-2001, 12:24 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

hope you got my email-sorry mike! well, after getting the first one in--i didn't want to send 'em to you anyways :P. i'm thinkin i'll get another set when the PIAA's burn out-just have to keep an eye on the light assembly, i guess--and i just luv that nighttime drivin, too!!
Old 02-08-2001, 12:04 PM
Suzuka Master

I've had my polargs for quite some time about 3 months and No problem. no melting. and every time some one sees my lights they compliament on how the perfectly match the HIDS.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-08-2001, 12:26 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
I've had my polargs for quite some time about 3 months and No problem. no melting. and every time some one sees my lights they compliament on how the perfectly match the HIDS.

</font>

I couldn't help but compliment! Something about the white car and the matching lights makes it look tight!

hey, quit posting so much, ya freak!