PLease advise. In need of chip suggestions. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 12:53 AM
Need For Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLease advise. In need of chip suggestions. Thanks!

What would be some of the popular, pricey, or not pricey engine chips we can purchace for our 2nd gen. cars? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2002, 01:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None that I know of yet.

Someone had a jet ECU mod, but the PGM/F1 (brain) doesn't allow a chip replacement (as do some models and brands). The chip set was specially made for Honda/Acura and can’t be "flashed" (there are pros that a number of members trust. They have also said that the parts (chips) are not available. I have not opened-up a box, but most of the current stock of ECU/Computer mods are coming in the form of piggy back/add-on modules (not chips).

The Jet ECU mod is without any substantiation -- no dynos (from anyone here or from them). They take your card and mod it and one member says it helped his car. I called for dynos and never got anyone to follow through. BUYER BEWARE! (They don’t sell a chip, they just take your box and do “something” to it…)

I believe AEM makes an entire replacement computer for the CLS, but it is not 50-state approved (sorry, it’s not a chip; it’s an entire replacement computer). Plan on having a good dyno pro to get that puppy working!.

There is also the upcoming "add-on" module from Weapon-R. I think it may be out soon (or perhaps it’s out already); it isn't a chip; it is a module that replaces the timing, fuel maps, rev limits, shift points, top speed, and other parameters. (You could check over at the Weapon-R web site to see if it is ready or you can call them).

That’s all I know at the moment…