Pissed off at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 06:12 PM
Retired Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pissed off at the dealer

I just got my 15000 mile service done at my dealer, which is Bridgewater Acura. The guys changed the oil n filter, balanced and rotated my tires, and changed my air filter. I bought a K&N drop in air filter and I gave it to the tech to install. I was waiting and waiting for my car to be done, and he calls me and tells me that the K&N drop in filter does not fit in the car? Im like what the #!!$. I got the right model too 33-2178 and it doesnt fit, you guys have any idea on what should I do? SHould I go to another dealership? Thanks...
Old 06-29-2001, 06:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
last i heard.. is that you have to trim a little off of it to make it fit. They proabbly didnt want to smash it in. You can put the air filter in yourself... its real easy.

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
AEM Blue CAI
Comptech Springs
35% tint all around
12" A/D/S Sub with JBL 600.1 amp
One sexy Bitch

"People who say that money is the root of all evil...DONT HAVE IT"
Old 06-29-2001, 06:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

spray the air box hinges with silicon and the lid will pop right on. Make sure the filter in right side up.
Old 06-29-2001, 09:20 PM
Drifting

The Comptech filter I got back in the day before my CAI did not fit perfect either. I had to mash that mofo in.

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 06-29-2001, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

First of all make sure you have the filter with right side up. I didn't at first and even though I got it in it was hard to get the two latches to lock. The latches that close the box. As per somebodies advice I used a little lub on the latches. I grabbed the closest stuff, (Kriegoff gun grease) and started with the engine side latches. Closed without any cutting. It is the CL-S air filter so no cutting needed.

Good luck

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
17x7.5 BBS RX Rims
K&N Dropin AF
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
DOM 5/00 #9177
My Car
More Pics
Old 06-30-2001, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yea, Know what you mean: I'm a little "piturbed" me-self. Took my CL-S by the Acura, they wouldn't even resent my Maint Req'd Lite. Said they'd have to do it to "insure that everything was done".

Even though I had my Records of Oil Changes...yada yada yada.

I just posted a question on the Forum. Now I know how that's taken care of. I like to do most of the Maint' myself.

Originally posted by Infamuz:
<STRONG>I just got my 15000 mile service done at my dealer, which is Bridgewater Acura. The guys changed the oil n filter, balanced and rotated my tires, and changed my air filter. I bought a K&N drop in air filter and I gave it to the tech to install. I was waiting and waiting for my car to be done, and he calls me and tells me that the K&N drop in filter does not fit in the car? Im like what the #!!$. I got the right model too 33-2178 and it doesnt fit, you guys have any idea on what should I do? SHould I go to another dealership? Thanks...</STRONG>
[img]null[/img]
Old 06-30-2001, 09:15 PM
Instructor

well it's also fun when they have the car in the shop and dont realize that my driving lights are out. (the fake fog lights).

can't wait for that dealer survey to come to my door.
Old 06-30-2001, 10:12 PM
Burning Brakes

If you have it in the right way, no trimming, no siliconing necessary. Mine just dropped right in, hinges went in fine, no squishing. If you angle the airbox top correctly, the hinges just slide right in.

I have used bridgewater acura service before, they should have been able to do the k&n filter. They did some warranty work on my teg about a year ago; blower motor, ac work. Did a good job. Maybe some people left?? I haven't brought my CL-S there yet, will in about a month for next oil change.

How much did they charge for the 15k service?

I had my 7.5k service done by Park Ave, had it done the same time my sways went in.

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: fast_daddy_car ]
Old 07-01-2001, 12:24 AM
Retired Post Whore

Thanks guys, I put the K&N Filter in myself last night and it fitted just right without me altering it. My 15000 mile service costed 125 dollars. But those guyss till didnt balance my tired properly, it still shakes at 60, 70, and 80 miles per hour.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:21 AM
Racer

I still, to this day, don't understand why ANYONE would pay some dumb ass large amounts of money for their "Service intervals". For $90 I got:

-LIFETIME Ballance, rotation of all tires.
-3 YEAR Alignment policy (Means I can bring it in as much as I want for 3 years and get alignments.
-free maintenance on my tires(If I get a hole, they patch it)

And for another $10, I change my oil myself.

So, for $100, I get WAY MORE stuff, and it's good for a LONG TIME.

People. Remember, the dealers are there to RIP YOU OFF (Most atleast)

I'd start to worry about taking it to the dealer at around 60k+ miles. But not so damm soon!

My 0.02cents
Old 07-03-2001, 03:35 AM
Cruisin'

To All,
DO NOT use silicone spray anywhere near the intake or air cleaner assy. The silicone will contaminate the oxygen sensors.

To Jayru,
The quality of a repair is remembered long after the price... How many times is a mechanic(?)or business really going to align and balance your CL for $90.00? Make sure to get "before" and "after" alignment printouts every time.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:18 AM
Advanced

Regarding people being unhappy with Acura dealerships. I have to say that the dealership experience I've had in dealing with 5 dealers (Lex, KY, Miami, Rochester, NY, New Orleans, Cincinnati) is that these people don't seem to realize that they sell $30+k cars. My experiences at MB, Lexus, Infiniti, Ranger Rover, Jags, and BMW have always been more pleasant during both the purchase and later, the service dept. If Acura really wants to change its perception, they should upgrade the quality of the saleman from Toyota guys to men with some education, car knowledge, and general manners,etc. Right now, I'd liken most of Acura sales staff to guys at a dicsount clother store (Not even GAP quality) whereas salesmen at other dealerships are like associtaes at Saks Fifth Ave. Of course, I guess that the avd Acura costs $25-30, about 20K less than the others.
I just feel that Acura manages to sell its cars in spite of the salesmen. Maybe my expectations are too high, buts that's been a beef of my since 92 when I got a Legend. I almost didn't even get a CL-S because I was so sick of the Acura dealership mentality. And now that I'm looking to replace my late CL-S, I really don't feel like dealing with Acura again. I went to the showroom last week and got into an argument with the salesmen on whether sundance gold existed ever which was my old color. Anyway, now I'n considering a real lux make just for the customer service aspect. Any ideas RE: the new Jag? Also considering new A4 but no one else has a DVD navi. Maybe the IS300 will have one in 2002 accd to dealer.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:49 AM
Burning Brakes

eyeguy

Interesting analogy about Acura sales and service guys. I just wonder why they might act this way when they've been selling what I thought was a luxury model for years. The Legend. (Also the NSX isn't chopped liver either). Never the less an interesting point.

A4. I'm don't know about the "01" or the "02" models but my friends "97" A4 has been nothing but problems after the warranty elapsed. Lots of electronic glitches plus a nightmare with broken control arms.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well put eyeguy...............the salesmen seem to "relocate" more often than at other luxury dealers, which shows a certain amount of unhappiness. I've noticed at my dealership here in Brentwood TN, that a lot of people have left, including the service manager. One of the reasons I went with Acura was for better service--especially after coming from the Ford camp. Maybe I'll just have mine serviced at Honda!!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

I have to agree. I almost bought a lexus rx300, instead went with the CL-S. For the Acura, it was the overall value of the car that sold me. I was treated like I was in any other honda/toyota/subaru/hyundai dealership. I could have been buying a civic.
For the Lexus, it was the service. As soon as I went in, was offered FREE food/beverages, and a place for the child to play. Talked to a few people having service done, same treatment. They stressed that you are buying a relationship with Lexus (and good an any dealership), in addition to the vehicle. You actually felt like you were buying a 35k vehicle.