Pinstriping

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001 | 05:36 PM
'Cooter

Pinstriping

who's done it, and who wants to do it like me?? i'm thinking a black double stripe, one stripe a bit thicker than the other...seriously toying with having my initials as part of the stripes on both doors...but i need a cool front fender design??

Chris

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 05-09-2001 | 05:40 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

ack....NO WAY! pinstripping SUCKS, that's what i love about the car....nice smooth finish without extra crap. It is a pain in the ass to maintain when the car gets older and shit. Whatever floats your boat but i wouldn't get it.

------------------
----
'01 Silver CL-Type S
!BEWARE THE SILVER SWORD!
Old 05-09-2001 | 06:21 PM
Instructor

i agree with zapata...hate em!

------------------
White/Ebony CL Type S with Navi, 35% tint, Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 05-09-2001 | 06:23 PM
magnet

pinstripes.....nasty

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
Old 05-09-2001 | 06:37 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scooter:
who's done it, and who wants to do it like me?? i'm thinking a black double stripe, one stripe a bit thicker than the other...seriously toying with having my initials as part of the stripes on both doors...but i need a cool front fender design??

Chris

</font>
Scooter-

I've been thinking about getting them too. Saw a nice one on a CL in FL a few weeks back. It had the A symbol on the rear quarter panel. I wouldn't get the stick on tape crap. Get it painted on by a professional pinstripper. I had it done on my 94 Infiniti J-30 back when. The guy did it in no time. Came out great. No problems. Maybe someone here has a pic of theirs and will post it.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and two of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!
Old 05-09-2001 | 06:39 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Why turn your CL into CIVIC ?

YUCKO

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-09-2001 | 07:26 PM
Advanced

Yea. That will be cool. While you are at it, might as well get your whole name spelled out in stripes on your door. Then you could get some of those chrome banners that goes on the bottom of your doors that say "Acura CL" Throw some curb feelers on and you are set!
Old 05-09-2001 | 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hmm...RICE definitely comes to mind.

If it looks decent, I wouldn't mind looking at the pictures...just can't imagine it though.

------------------
2001 Black/Parchment Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navi & spoiler
Current Mods: AEM CAI (red), Comptech headers & sway bars, Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires, 15% tint, PIAA 19169's, Infinity Perfect 12" subwoofer, Precision Power PC2600 amplifier, Monster Cable

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1673199&a=12830383&f=0&sp=0
Old 05-09-2001 | 07:59 PM
Fastdriver

WOW! Scooter just mentions the word PINSTRIPE and everyone jumps all over him yelling RICE! In the meantime, your signatures list a ton of MODS done to your cars! That's not rice?

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and two of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01

Old 05-09-2001 | 08:22 PM
10th Gear

I've got black pinstriping on my Silver CL. It was put on by the dealer and was already on the car when I first saw it in the showroom. Personally, I think it looks really nice, it's just a simple, straight, double black stripe from the front fender to the rear (it doesn't wrap around the bumper or anything like that). IMHO it doesn't diminish the car's classiness in the least, and I think the black on silver is a nice contrast. Not sure how it would look on red, however.

------------------
'01 CL Type-S
Satin Silver w/ spoiler
no nav
Old 05-09-2001 | 10:38 PM
'Cooter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
WOW! Scooter just mentions the word PINSTRIPE and everyone jumps all over him yelling RICE! In the meantime, your signatures list a ton of MODS done to your cars! That's not rice?
</font>
it's only an idea...i have seen them, and i personally like them. i think they're classy, what can i say?? it's a personal preference thing. im not gonna judge people with all their Comtech springs & sway bars, tints of all percentages, even if people put hydrolics on their CL's and bounce all up and down I95...if it makes them happy, who am i say/think otherwise??

Fastdriver: u down in Southern CT?? i graduated from Quinnipiac last year. nice area up there

Chris

------------------

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
Old 05-09-2001 | 10:49 PM
The Creator

I dont like them...

But their certainly not RICE.

Pinstripes are far from being ricey.

Their just kinda outta style. They were cool in the early/mid 90's when you couldnt even get a car without a pinstripe.

Now their just kinda outta date.

I dont think they fit well at all on a CL.. especially a red one. But if you think it will... go for it.

Pinstriping is more something that should be on a caddy or something.

Pinstripes look great on SUV's cuz it breaks up the huge panels.

Just not a luxury-sports coupe.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1Xephyr CAI

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-09-2001 | 10:56 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
I dont like them...

But their certainly not RICE.

Pinstripes are far from being ricey.

Their just kinda outta style. They were cool in the early/mid 90's when you couldnt even get a car without a pinstripe.

Now their just kinda outta date.

I dont think they fit well at all on a CL.. especially a red one. But if you think it will... go for it.

Pinstriping is more something that should be on a caddy or something.

Pinstripes look great on SUV's cuz it breaks up the huge panels.

Just not a luxury-sports coupe.

</font>
They do look better on SUVs and big cars. We had them on a Jag, Q45, and F-150 and they looked good except they are a real pain to maintain. There is a lady around me that has them on a '99 Black CL with a little Acura "A" in them on the front fender and i think it looks pretty good. Havent seen them on a newer CL but if they are done right im sure they will look good.

------------------
No more scratches thanks to the dumbass who walked on my car and had to pay to have it repainted.
Old 05-09-2001 | 10:58 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scooter:
it's only an idea...i have seen them, and i personally like them. i think they're classy, what can i say?? it's a personal preference thing. im not gonna judge people with all their Comtech springs & sway bars, tints of all percentages, even if people put hydrolics on their CL's and bounce all up and down I95...if it makes them happy, who am i say/think otherwise??

Fastdriver: u down in Southern CT?? i graduated from Quinnipiac last year. nice area up there

Chris

</font>
I feel the same way- to each his own. I don't think the stripe diminishes the looks at all if it's tastefully done. The one I saw in FL with the Acura A on it looked nice. It was small- not gaudy! I was just taken back at some of the comments after some of the things that people have done to their cars. Man, pinstripe is the least obtrusive of anything. I say go for it!

Yes- So. CT. I went to Quinnipiac too- YEARS ago! The Law Library was dedicated to my Dad when it opened several years back. Small world. Beautiful campus for sure.

------------------
fastdriver

Old 05-09-2001 | 11:07 PM
'Cooter

fair enough...i guess i'm thinking of my baby in more of a luxurious perspective than in a sporty one. thanx for the input.

Chris

------------------

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
Old 05-09-2001 | 11:13 PM
'Cooter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:

Yes- So. CT. I went to Quinnipiac too- YEARS ago! The Law Library was dedicated to my Dad when it opened several years back. Small world. Beautiful campus for sure.

[/B]</font>
wow, that's fantastic. campus is still as beautiful as ever, and the Law Library is a great place i used to study/visit when i wanted to get away from it all. i thank your family for such a lovely library.

Chris

------------------

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
Old 05-10-2001 | 12:02 AM
Old timer

Pinstripes = 1980s.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-10-2001 | 12:09 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
Pinstripes = 1980s.

-J

</font>
Pot=1960's! What's your point? They're both still used!

------------------
fastdriver