pictures of the new RS-X

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok since there's been a fair amount of bashing on the styling I'll change gears here and bash the performance. We can speculate all we want about how much HP etc it's gonna have, but the bottom line is that it's still a 4 cylinder and as such it will very little torque. Just like the S2000 and just like the Prelude SH that I dumped to get my CL-S. I really enjoy the gobs of torque available on the CL-S!!!

------------------
'01 Pimp Daddy Gold CL-S - Comptech Springs
Coming Soon: new 17" wheels/tires (can't decide which yet), maybe Comptech Sways
My PimpinTypeS More pics of my PDG
Old 01-09-2001, 02:31 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pimpintypes:
Ok since there's been a fair amount of bashing on the styling I'll change gears here and bash the performance. We can speculate all we want about how much HP etc it's gonna have, but the bottom line is that it's still a 4 cylinder and as such it will very little torque. Just like the S2000 and just like the Prelude SH that I dumped to get my CL-S. I really enjoy the gobs of torque available on the CL-S!!!
</font>
And to highlight that... the CL-S doesnt even have a lot of low-end grunt. So imagine how shitty the RS-X is? heh.

The performance of this car will be nill.

It has the same suspension as the new Civic... a suspension which everyone is questioning "why".

The new civic suspension was designed to provide the Civic with a soft, cushioned, floaty ride. It is a suspension setup barely capable of providing GOOD handling even with the beefy sway bar that the RS-X will have.

This won't be a true "performance" car... like it is supposed to be. And it certainly isnt a luxury car. So at 15-20k, what does this car stand for? ECONOMY. An Acura ECONOMY CAR. YUCK

The only thing GOOD I have to say about this car is that the Gauges look cool!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-09-2001, 02:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:

Show an IS to any non-car buff... and you will get a great reaction. A non car buff being someone who likes cars... but doesnt know too much about all the models and isnt too big on what all the stats mean. AKA, the typical person.

</font>
Not tryin' to flame, soopa, but what is the point of this point?? If it is true that most "non car enthusiasts" like the IS300, why is that a good thing or something worth noting?? I guess my view is this: so Joe Schmoe thinks the IS300 is cool, but Joe Schmoe doesn't know dick about anything!!! So what is so impressive about that? The only reason the avg person would even like the IS is because it's distinctively styled. Ummm... yeah, okay... but so what????

Say you cook a meal and the average person likes it. Big whoop! But you cook a meal and the head chef at [insert your favorite 5 star restaurant here] likes it. Now that's impressive!!

But seriously... your point is lost on me here....

[This message has been edited by GoldTypeS (edited 01-09-2001).]
Old 01-09-2001, 02:49 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
Not tryin' to flame, soopa, but what is the point of this point?? If it is true that most "non car enthusiasts" like the IS300, why is that a good thing or something worth noting?? I guess my view is this: so Joe Schmoe thinks the IS300 is cool, but Joe Schmoe doesn't know dick about anything!!! So what is so impressive about that? The only reason the avg person would even like the IS is because it's distinctively styled. Ummm... yeah, okay... but so what????

Say you cook a meal and the average person likes it. Big whoop! But you cook a meal and the head chef at [insert your favorite 5 star restaurant here] likes it. Now that's impressive!!

But seriously... your point is lost on me here....
</font>
I guess my addendum to that point should be that not only do non-car buffs like it...

But you can show an IS to a true enthusiast and theyll love it too.

Just because we don't doesnt make it un-worthy of a Lexus. My point is that the IS doesnt HURT the Lexus image at all...

Anyway... what would you rather have, RS-X or Sentra SE-R?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-09-2001, 02:52 PM
The Creator

Anyway... what would you rather have, RS-X or Sentra SE-R?</font>
And to add this to my point that the RS-X shouldnt be an Acura.

Do you think the Sentra SE-R is worthy of a Infiniti??? no.

Thank god Infiniti is smart enough to drop the G20... but... even the G20 doesnt hurt Infinitis image as much as RS-X will hurt Acura. Every ricer in the world is gonna buy this RS-X. Just like the Celica... tell me you dont see a million of them on the road.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-09-2001, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, I agree that the RS-X does "hurt" the image of Acura. But you know what.... I don't freakin' care one bit!!!! Just because some stuck up @sshole will judge Acura by the RS-X doesn't mean the CL/TL/RL isn't every bit as good as we think they are. The other cars Acura sells really DO compete with the cars in their respective classes and for a lot less money. Cars like the Integra and the RS-X are part of the reason why. They make Acura MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!. The more money Acura makes, the more they have available to put into cars like the CL/TL/RL. Yes, platform sharing helps, but people act like that's the only reason a CL-S is $10K cheaper than a 330Ci. That's not the whole reason. There are many reasons and a "lesser" car in the lineup is one of them.

Image.... I don't need no stinkin' image. Image is a poor investment, if you ask me

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Old 01-09-2001, 04:13 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
Well, I agree that the RS-X does "hurt" the image of Acura. But you know what.... I don't freakin' care one bit!!!! Just because some stuck up @sshole will judge Acura by the RS-X doesn't mean the CL/TL/RL isn't every bit as good as we think they are. The other cars Acura sells really DO compete with the cars in their respective classes and for a lot less money. Cars like the Integra and the RS-X are part of the reason why. They make Acura MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!. The more money Acura makes, the more they have available to put into cars like the CL/TL/RL. Yes, platform sharing helps, but people act like that's the only reason a CL-S is $10K cheaper than a 330Ci. That's not the whole reason. There are many reasons and a "lesser" car in the lineup is one of them.

Image.... I don't need no stinkin' image. Image is a poor investment, if you ask me
</font>
Acura would make a hell of a lot more money if luxury car buyers didnt pass them up 50% of the time.

You know how many Lex/Beemer/Benz owners I talk to that say they never even considered an Acura? And not because of the Acuras lack of snob appeal... but because they didnt even know Acura made high-end automobiles.... everyone just assumes Acura makes Integras... and thats it. heh.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-09-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro

Also, this ISNT a S2000 engine detuned.

Just happens to be another 2.0 liter four.

All the guys who know engine block codes can confirm this.
</font>

http://integra.vtec.net/02integra/bm_article.html

"The new generation engine for the Honda "Stream" is the K20A, but the Integra's i-VTEC will be the K20C....

The i-VTEC's base is said to be the S2000's F20C, and the tuning of the new Integra is supposed to see further improvements....

Like the S2000, the cam is chain-driven....

Because the new i-VTEC will turn clockwise, the exhaust will face backward, allowing for a tighter fit, along with better fuel economy, emissions, and power...."

"Engine Spec Chart:
K20C 01 Spec R (name not finalized)
Engine Straight-4 DOHC
Displacement 1998cc Bore x Stroke 86.0? x ??.0 (text blurred badly)
Compression 11:1
Power 220ps @7800rpm
Torque 22.0kg @7000rpm"

Now, I'm not one to put a great deal of faith in BestCar articles, but so far they've been right on the money.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

[This message has been edited by DtEW (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-09-2001, 05:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Acura would make a hell of a lot more money if luxury car buyers didnt pass them up 50% of the time.

You know how many Lex/Beemer/Benz owners I talk to that say they never even considered an Acura? And not because of the Acuras lack of snob appeal... but because they didnt even know Acura made high-end automobiles.... everyone just assumes Acura makes Integras... and thats it. heh.

</font>
I disagree. While, there are some clueless masses that don't realize what Acura has to offer, I think a lot more people pass on them because of the lack of the image. It's cyclical and a catch 22 situation. If they had image, they wouldn't be affordable.
I'll take a
"just a $32K Accord coupe CL-S"
over a
"OMG, that's pimp sh!t, I'm tradin' in my 330Ci $40K CL-S"
ANY day of the week. I've got better things to spend my money on beside image.
Old 01-09-2001, 07:20 PM
5th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iridium130:

I think the IS300 is sh!tty for a Lexus. It seems subpar for a Lexus to have no leather, navi(issue solved next year), etc etc. Frankly, the car is not worth the price. It was all hype...I mean what's so special about it? At most, the gauges and "Altezza lights", which every other Civic/Prelude/Accord has now. I've seen better interiors in Hyundais, I mean damn. The Lexus is competing w/ BMW mostly, and with the 3-Series destroying the market, how can Lexus compete with such a subpar car? WITHOUT leather?? Granted, some might not like leather as an option, but this is a lexus, a LUXURY CAR.

</font>
I must remark that a similarly priced BMW 3-Series comes WITHOUT leather, it is OPTIONAL as well! Now a Bimmer's supposed to be a LUXURY CAR too!!!

Old 01-09-2001, 09:02 PM
I love my G sedan

I think Acura has considered about the effect that RSX would do to Acura's image. I think the image of a car company should not be created by the entry level car of that particular car company alone, instead, it should be created either by the whole lineup or the top cars within the company. As long as Acura could produce the new RL with extremely high quality and comfort, as well as the new NSX that people would compare it with Ferrari and Porsche, then who would consider whether RSX, a entry level sport car of Acura, is good enough or not. People would only think like"Oh RL and NSX are the best cars in the world, so should be the cheaper TL, CL, MDX, and RSX". It would hurt the imager of Acura if even the NSX and RL are not that good. Young buyers also have the right to buy luxuary car. The rich father has a LS430, his teenaged daughter wants a IS300, what's wrong with it? The rich mother has a 4.0RL, her 18 year old son wants a RSX, what's wrong with it again? How does it hurt the image of Acura?
True, I agree that RSX should not have front Strut suspension because it would significantly damage the word "high performance" or at least it would give people this kind of impression. But since Honda Prelude would be dropped and as long as RSX keep as a reasonable price level, then I think it should still sell until you see it everywhere on the streets and get sick of it.
There is no doubt that MB, BMW, and Lexus are more successful in creating a luxuary image in America, but you have to consider it's price, if I could pay less to get the same level of product, I wouldn't consider that much about image anymore, especially for those who are not willing to pay much but are planning to get high comfort, Acura could do that. Even the cheapest Lexus are still several thousand dollars more expensive than a regular TL or CL, but does that cheapest Lexus has HID? heated seats? powered moonroof? NO NO NO.
Old 01-10-2001, 12:42 PM
Instructor

all I have to say is when that car comes out I am trading my type S for the new acura type I S which its going to be the type R

------------------
THE LOWER I GET THE MORE YOU SWEAT