PIAA's...Queens Blvd...stores in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 10:36 AM
That's hot...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIAA's...Queens Blvd...stores in NYC

I finally finished the full PIAA upgrade ...definitley worth it...

It really was pretty easy...Thanks to AztecRol, Scooter, and NoleCLS for your help...

Also, I was able to find a place that sold PIAA's on Queens Blvd in NYC...wish I had known that before I paid $15 for shipping for my 19224 and 19225's from optauto...

The place is called SpeedWorld...There are a couple of places around there, but I think this place is the best...they dont sell rims, but they pretty much sell everything else...They didnt have my lights when I first went there, but the guy said he'd have them next day, and he did (I didnt have to prepay for them or anything)...$15 for a pair (not bad considering you dont have to pay for shipping)....

BTW, stay away from Big Boy's Toys...They tried to charge me $20 for PIAA's and my friend $40 for tuner wheel locks, when he got them at SpeedWorld for $30...

I know there are a couple of members here from Queens, Long Island, and NYC in general...Where do you guys usually go...
Old 07-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Banned

I've heard so many things about them. Where the hell are they? I was going to get my tints done there but I never found the place. By the way if anybody around the Bayside, Queens area that wants tints let me know. This guy uses Llumar tints and does all Mercedez dealers in the area, he also uses one piece back windows and does the sides all the way to the top. He didn't do my car but I've seen his work on Mercedez, Porsche, and Bimmers. Just figured I'd throw that out there. Oooooyea I forgot he only charges $175 for the CL I know b/c I want him to do mine.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:57 AM
That's hot...

I'll get tints if you get tints :P...Seriously though, I want to get tints done too, and if you can say that he did a good job on your car refer me to him...

Its kind of intresting, b/c I get scratches and stuff removed, by a guy who does detail work for Mercedes Benz dealers too...

BTW I guess you dont need them anymore, but SpeedWorld, is on Queens Blvd...between the Queens Mall and the exit to get on the BQE...Its in front of that big Korean Supermarket (Han Ah Reum) and next to a stationery store called Morning Glory...

Thanks...
Old 07-19-2002, 11:56 AM
do it yourself, !

Speed World does great tints and its decent price, lifetime warranty, etc. I didn't go there but I went there several times with friends. They're good guys too. Not looking to rip you off (most of the time).

Stay away from Big Boys...big ripoff and they're a bunch of retards. They tried to charge my friend $20 bucks for bulb installation because it was too hot and we were too lazt to reach in there and get them.

I never bought any electronics on that strip...

I hear Raaco has some decent prices on rims. Don't EVER go to CLAWS on Francis Lewic Blvd. They'll rape another hole in oyur ass with their prices. There so many goddam stores opening/opened up....but half of them are pieces of shiieeett...
Old 07-19-2002, 12:12 PM
That's hot...

Me and my friend or both looking to get tints done to our cars and we both like SpeedWorld as a store...I didnt even know they did tints...

langjae,

Do you know anyone who got tints done at SpeedWorld...did they like the job?

Where did you get your tints done?...I remeber you said somewhere where the Yankees get their tints done, but can I get some more info...

Thanks