piaa-19224

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 10:08 AM
efx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
piaa-19224

Just ordered the piaa 19224 bulb for the running lights to better match the xenon's. I've read that there is some varying degrees of burn marks from the 18 watts vs. the 5 watt stock. Has anyone had more than a little scorch on the housing assuming they were installed properly with gloves. Also what has the life expectancy been?
Old 07-26-2002, 10:28 AM
Drifting

Re: piaa-19224

Originally posted by efx
Just ordered the piaa 19224 bulb for the running lights to better match the xenon's. I've read that there is some varying degrees of burn marks from the 18 watts vs. the 5 watt stock. Has anyone had more than a little scorch on the housing assuming they were installed properly with gloves. Also what has the life expectancy been?
Minor scorch with mine, lasted app. 9 months.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I'd rather be golfing

Mine have minor burn marks and have been in for about 6 months and still going.

I'm sure Scooter can give you more indepth info...he's the "Acura Professional Bulb Master"
Old 07-26-2002, 02:20 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by limuas22
Mine have minor burn marks and have been in for about 6 months and still going.

I'm sure Scooter can give you more indepth info...he's the "Acura Professional Bulb Master"
yeah there is minor burning, but it's really not THAT big a deal...u have to angle yerself to see the marks in such a way that borderlines on the ridiculous, so don't sweat it...the 19224's are not bad...make sure u got them gloves when installing...and take yer time...don't b in such a rush to get them installed...they install quick enough...if u do it the right way, the coatings will last a long time...my pair are still the original pair from over a year ago, so i haven't had the kinds of problems others seemed to have had

where's Aztec, my partner in crime???
Old 07-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Scooter

yeah there is minor burning, but it's really not THAT big a deal...u have to angle yerself to see the marks in such a way that borderlines on the ridiculous, so don't sweat it...the 19224's are not bad...make sure u got them gloves when installing...and take yer time...don't b in such a rush to get them installed...they install quick enough...if u do it the right way, the coatings will last a long time...my pair are still the original pair from over a year ago, so i haven't had the kinds of problems others seemed to have had

Hey scooter! Are these better than the Polarg m6's?

How much?

I'm getting something this weekend since I decided to pop out the originla bulbs when I bought the car.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:01 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Gabo3k

Hey scooter! Are these better than the Polarg m6's?

How much?

I'm getting something this weekend since I decided to pop out the originla bulbs when I bought the car.
no differences with the M6's...no matter what people here tell u, there's NO difference...Chod and i did a side by side last summer and compared...there's no difference!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 03:05 PM
I hate the Mets

I have had the bulbs for a little over a month w/ no problems - They are 100% better then stock, but there is still a noticeable difference between them and the xenons....obviously
Old 07-26-2002, 06:09 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scooter

Here I am!!!!

DO EXACTLY WHAT SCOOTER SAID!!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 10:17 PM
efx
Instructor

Thanks for the replies. I;ll take your advice scooter and take my time. One went out after about a year and the service guy at the dealer reached under and changed it. Think I might take the assembly apart a descibed in other posts as not to scratch the coating. Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Cruisin'

MY previous Piaa 19224 5 w just burnt out on me on one side, both peeling and a little bit of black burnouts *SIGH* so today i go the POLARG M-6 to try, but just have to figure out how to install it. *LOL* since originally I didn't change it myself.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Cruisin'

Forgot to say, I had the piaa 19224 5w for about 3 years now before one side burnt out on me. ...don't know if this helps your decision