Passenger side headlight is out

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Passenger side headlight is out

Ok, so I know you guy have been over all of this already but now I'm concerned because I didn't see what I was looking for in my search... Driving home tonight and I noticed my high beam indicator seemed to be barely lit. Wierd, I though it was my imagination. I get home, shine the lights on the garage door and noticed my right headlight wasn't shining anymore. (BTW, about 10 mins earlier my brother was following me in my car while I was ahead of him in my Blazer and the headlights were working just fine) At any rate, I got out of the car and checked, sure enough the light was out. Strange thing was, the high beam was lit on both sides but not as bright. Kinda dim... When I turned on the high beams, they looked normal. Still no right headlight, high beam only. Turned the high beam off, they dimmed again. Still no right HID. WTF? Anyone experience this before? Is it normal? I'm freaking out because I just spent a bunch of money on furniture and now I don't want to have to shell out hundreds of dollars to get it fixed. BTW, car has 49K miles on it and the warranty time frame ended on 6/30/05. CRAPS! Do you think if I call Acura directly, they might still cover it since I'm just past the waranty? I have not had good luck with the Acura dealers here in Denver. I'm sure if I take it to one of them they will want to bum rape me with some awkward divice. Thanks for the help.

PS: If you know what's wrong with my lights please help, I'm sort of desparate here.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Anyone??
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
What to do, what to think

could be a bad Ballast unit or the D2R HID bulb. try to swap your working bulb and put it on the passenger side headlight if it works then its just the bulb...if it doesnt' work then it must be a bad ballast unit which cost around $500 or less if I'm correct.

#13 is the ballast and #8 is the bulb
Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm here in spirit...

So I called Acura on Friday to see if they would do anything for me. Someone is supposed to contact me by tomorrow they said. I hope they fix this, my headlights are doing weird shit! I'm affraid to drive it at night, too worried that the other one is just gonna say, "nope, not gonna work anymore!"

BTW: Has anyone had a luck getting Acura to cover things right after the warranty expires?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Intermediate

I have exactly the same problem with my passenger side. The first time it went out, it came back for about 3 weeks. Now it's out again, I will try to change the bulb sides and hope that it's just the bulb. IMHO, the acura dealership is the worst place to deal with, so I'm almost positive they wouldn't warrantee the ballast.

Anyone else has any info on what this could be?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm here in spirit...

That's why I didn't take it to the dealer first. The first time I went to the dealership for warranty work, they were awesome. Everytime there after, it has been nothing but a frappin' headache.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chriskh
Ok, so I know you guy have been over all of this already but now I'm concerned because I didn't see what I was looking for in my search... Driving home tonight and I noticed my high beam indicator seemed to be barely lit. Wierd, I though it was my imagination. I get home, shine the lights on the garage door and noticed my right headlight wasn't shining anymore. (BTW, about 10 mins earlier my brother was following me in my car while I was ahead of him in my Blazer and the headlights were working just fine) At any rate, I got out of the car and checked, sure enough the light was out. Strange thing was, the high beam was lit on both sides but not as bright. Kinda dim... When I turned on the high beams, they looked normal. Still no right headlight, high beam only. Turned the high beam off, they dimmed again. Still no right HID. WTF? Anyone experience this before? Is it normal? I'm freaking out because I just spent a bunch of money on furniture and now I don't want to have to shell out hundreds of dollars to get it fixed. BTW, car has 49K miles on it and the warranty time frame ended on 6/30/05. CRAPS! Do you think if I call Acura directly, they might still cover it since I'm just past the waranty? I have not had good luck with the Acura dealers here in Denver. I'm sure if I take it to one of them they will want to bum rape me with some awkward divice. Thanks for the help.

PS: If you know what's wrong with my lights please help, I'm sort of desparate here.
I have the same problem. My passanger headlight went out and the highbeams stay on but dim. I took it to the dealer and they wanted 700 for the new bulb and the ballast (inverter) + labor.
I hope its not ur ballast, that shit is expensive....
Old 08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Is the roadlamp below that headlight really dim too? Mine is and it goes out completely along with the high beam when I hit the switch to actually turn on the high beam. Trying to use my high beams right now is useless. It's brighter with one HID and the roadlamp and a half..

To update, as I am writing this the Acura rep called me. He wants me to take the car to Mile High Acura ( ) and let them figure out what the problem is. He said Mile High is now aware of it and they would let him know exactly what is wrong with my car and go from there. He said they may be able to help since I'm only a month past the end of my warranty and the car just hit 50K miles yesterday (no joke).
Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I knoe the highbeam lights stay on all the time (dim) and work normally when i turn on the highbeams.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Instructor

I had this happen to my car about 2 months ago. Needed a new bulb and inverter - 800 dollars. Luckily I got it covered by my AcuraCare extended pseudo-warranty - took me fighting for them to cover the bulb though.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Stupid f'in lights! I must look like the biggest moron drivng around like this...

Old 08-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm here in spirit...

So the Friday before last, I call Acura about this to see if they will cover it. They tell me, "take it to Mile High, have them determine the cause of this, they will tell us, we will call you and let you know if we'll do it as goodwill since you are just past the warranty." I took it, they called, while I was still at Acura waiting on the car and tell me they will cover it... SWEET! They said it was (just like everyone else's) a bad bulb and inverter. They said it would be around $500 if I had to pay for it. So as I'm typing this, I am sitting at Mile High with my laptop waiting for the work to be done. Acura came through!