Park Ave Acura - 30K Service...is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 10:05 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Ave Acura - 30K Service...is it worth it?

i'm taking my cl-s for couple of fixes...
and i was thinking of getting the 30,000 service on it.
BUT the service dept told me that it will cost me 560+tax >oT
so i was wondering if anyone got this service done
at the PARK AVE. ACURA and is it even worth it?
Old 07-05-2002, 10:37 AM
Banned

no....no...no....those services are nothing more than excuses for dealerships to pay their bills and employees and shit, its a total waste....its all just check this, check that, check that....and a few things that any other mechanic can do for a hell of a lot less...any of these services are a total scam if you ask me or some other people that dont like throwing their money away....go to an independant mechanic, have him do the ACTUAL work in the 30k service and breeze through the "checking" that price you gave is a joke, all that stuff shouldnt cost you more than 100
Old 07-05-2002, 10:43 AM
Banned

Not fully true. If you ever have a major problem with your car, Honda always asks, have you had your maintenance done on a routine schedule by a honda or acura dealership. If you say no, sometimes they won't fix anything. If you say yes, they will fix whatever it is. And even if its out of warranty they will fix it only if you keep the scheduled maintenance up with valid receipts and records at the dealer.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:09 PM
whoXwanXsum

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Not fully true. If you ever have a major problem with your car, Honda always asks, have you had your maintenance done on a routine schedule by a honda or acura dealership. If you say no, sometimes they won't fix anything. If you say yes, they will fix whatever it is. And even if its out of warranty they will fix it only if you keep the scheduled maintenance up with valid receipts and records at the dealer.
very true
Old 07-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBullet
You can do maintance at the dealership, however, you do not have to do every single thing they suggest.
560$ for 30K maintance is a rip off. I rather only spend 100-200$ and do exactly what is required( not what is suggested). You end up saving more money that in case something breaks -- you will have the money to pay for it out of your pocket.
Also, doing every single suggested maintance DOES NOT guarantee that dealership will cover something after warranty. I know people who did everything at one dealership(lexus) and when they had after warannty problems the dealership did not want to cover it. So there is no guarantee, the only thing is that you *might* have a better chance.
So is it a good idea to waste all this money and hope that you will get *lucky* to be covered after waranty? Hell no, fuk them!

Do the math ... Something breaks, so what, I'll pay money to fix it.
Ofcourse, some of the things like tranny you wana change tranny fluid every 15K miles at the same dealership, so you can bitch in case something goes wrong with your tranny....
Old 07-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! Well, that's alot see what you can negotiate on. Maybe you can do some of it now do the rest later. However, PAA record is spotless so your money will be well spent
Old 07-05-2002, 02:03 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by jimcol711
no....no...no....those services are nothing more than excuses for dealerships to pay their bills and employees and shit, its a total waste....its all just check this, check that, check that....and a few things that any other mechanic can do for a hell of a lot less...any of these services are a total scam if you ask me or some other people that dont like throwing their money away....go to an independant mechanic, have him do the ACTUAL work in the 30k service and breeze through the "checking" that price you gave is a joke, all that stuff shouldnt cost you more than 100
Old 07-05-2002, 02:04 PM
www.drippinwet.com

fine print:

any mfg can deny warranty repairs if reccomended maint is not performed on vehicle
Old 07-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by acura_service
fine print:

any mfg can deny warranty repairs if reccomended maint is not performed on vehicle
True. But this law applies on individual parts, not in general. For example, if I do my tranny fluid change every 15K miles and my tranny fails -- the dealership cannot refuse to fix my tranny and say: "We can't fix your tranny under warranty because you forgot to rotate tires or perform parking-brake adjusustment".

I do things at the dealership, and I follow my manual for the recommended maint,
but I also use common sense and filter out useless crap they try to sell to make an easy buck.

I would go with common sense and what is recommended at owner's manual. dealerships want to make money, just like those anoying sales people that call your house.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:25 PM