Old 09-08-2003 | 12:18 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

PA man busted for speed.....

3 alarming facts:

1- fact he might've been going 180mph

2- fact he might've been drunk doing 180mph

3- fact that his lambo has the shakes above 70mph

Court Date Set for 182mph Driver
LEHIGHTON, PA-September 4, 2003 — Just how fast will a Lamborghini go?
Police in Lehighton, Pennsylvania, charge William Faenza Junior was doing 182 in his Lamborghini Diablo.

Officers also charge Faenza was driving drunk. Police say they caught up with him when he pulled into a gas station.

While Faenza concedes he may have been doing 100, he denies going nearly 200 miles per hour.

He says if he was going that fast, the police would have never caught him.

Besides, Faenza says the wheels on his Lamborghini start to shake when he goes faster than 70.

He's to appear in court next Wednesday
Old 09-08-2003 | 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 09-08-2003 | 12:41 PM
Cars are an addiction

Very nice. I have driven that stretch where he was pulled over. You can go 90 and it feels like 35. It is a straight stretch of roadway through a bunch of farms. The road is also old and a little bumpy. I guess he felt that the faster you go, the less bumps you feel.

Even still........ I am jealouse...
Old 09-08-2003 | 12:48 PM
///M POWER

i heard about this

i heard about all the lambos havin problems, they dont handly well past 70 mph i think theres gonna be a recall or somethin
Old 09-08-2003 | 02:03 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by darrinb
i heard about this

i heard about all the lambos havin problems, they dont handly well past 70 mph i think theres gonna be a recall or somethin

i guess they were built at the acura plants or something.....
Old 09-08-2003 | 02:43 PM
Racer

I'm watching judge judy right now, so I'm going to make my judgement:

Ok, if the cop was on the side of the road, 180 mph would have been way too fast in my opinion to properly clock the guy's speed.

If the cop was behind him, the guy would have gotten a citation for evading a police orificer.

Using the ole' noggin, I'm guessing it takes less than a hundredth of a second to exit the typical range of most high quality radar guns. In addition, it would take the driver about a minute to go 10 miles, so the cop would have had to drive for quite some time to catch the fucker.

It all depends on where the cop was, what type of radar gun, and what happened.

I don't think the guy was going 182, but if it's true, I think the guy should be given a medal for going that fast. I think the guy should be cannonized for going 182 while drunk. I can barely keep myself out of the ditch going 100 when sober...haha
Old 09-08-2003 | 03:03 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by phrocker
I'm watching judge judy right now, so I'm going to make my judgement:

Ok, if the cop was on the side of the road, 180 mph would have been way too fast in my opinion to properly clock the guy's speed.

If the cop was behind him, the guy would have gotten a citation for evading a police orificer.

Using the ole' noggin, I'm guessing it takes less than a hundredth of a second to exit the typical range of most high quality radar guns. In addition, it would take the driver about a minute to go 10 miles, so the cop would have had to drive for quite some time to catch the fucker.

It all depends on where the cop was, what type of radar gun, and what happened.

I don't think the guy was going 182, but if it's true, I think the guy should be given a medal for going that fast. I think the guy should be cannonized for going 182 while drunk. I can barely keep myself out of the ditch going 100 when sober...haha
What kind of math are they using down their in ole Miss?
Old 09-08-2003 | 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey, I can believe it. Didn't Rodney King's Hyundai do 120??