one OBX dyno=sh*t

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one OBX dyno=shit

i cant believe how many people who have been waiting a long ass time for new headers to come out for our cars and when it did all of yall are hestitating and whinning.

if i did not get my comptech headers a month ago i would have gotten the obx headers the day they were advertised on this board and installed the day i got them.

look at the pictures of the headers digitalgm has taken, they are some great photo shots of the headers and from what i see they will do its job. they look exactly like the comptechs and will probably perform about the same too.

why are people crying about the dyno and the warranty and fitment issue.

if it fits the 98-02 accord v6 it will fit the 01-03 cl/cl-s/tl/tl-s (except 6 speed)

its a stainless steel header not ceramic plus the fact ITS METAL PIPING WITH NO MOVING MECHANICAL PARTS suggest that it will probably last the lifetime of the car. why dosent obx warranty the headers? do they warranty any other of there products too?

dyno??? i dont care if digitalgm dynos the car everyone should know that 1 dyno does not justify the worth of the headers. who knows maybe he will lose power like some people on accord forum had experience. maybe the gains will be huge???

all cars are different i would suggest that maybe a back to back dyno with the obx and comptech headers could give the definite answers of which will give more power...

also, i think it sucks for the people in cali because the obx headers are not carb certified. who knows maybe since the headers are a 100% copy of the comptechs that they can only give one CARB ceritfication to the original product?????

sidemarker
Old 09-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Wait im in Cali..so i cant get them or what..? Like a cop can pull me over and i can get screwed
Old 09-08-2002, 02:40 PM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

Re: one OBX dyno=shit

Sidemarker, let me answer you in parts.

First, I agree with you - if the OBX headers did not come out as soon as they did, I would have bought CT's - simple as that.

Second, the headers do have a lifetime warranty and a money back clause so you are pretty much covered well!

Next, OBX warranties most of their products

As far as the construction goes, you can get ceramic plated if you like but I opted not to. Concerning the dyno, I think *one* dyno will make a difference. I mean I have a totally stock CL-S and am dynoing before and after with the headers - I think that should prove to most people the legitimacy of the headers. Furthermore, if anybody has the CT headers, I could put them on my car and then the Obx headers to show the gains in proportion. If not, oh well.

CARB certification : if anyone of you guys knows about this, it is a very hard certification to obtain - it is very similar to the stiffness of an ISO 9001 certification and that is tough.

ce la vi....

AdamR

Originally posted by sidemarker
i cant believe how many people who have been waiting a long ass time for new headers to come out for our cars and when it did all of yall are hestitating and whinning.

if i did not get my comptech headers a month ago i would have gotten the obx headers the day they were advertised on this board and installed the day i got them.

look at the pictures of the headers digitalgm has taken, they are some great photo shots of the headers and from what i see they will do its job. they look exactly like the comptechs and will probably perform about the same too.

why are people crying about the dyno and the warranty and fitment issue.

if it fits the 98-02 accord v6 it will fit the 01-03 cl/cl-s/tl/tl-s (except 6 speed)

its a stainless steel header not ceramic plus the fact ITS METAL PIPING WITH NO MOVING MECHANICAL PARTS suggest that it will probably last the lifetime of the car. why dosent obx warranty the headers? do they warranty any other of there products too?

dyno??? i dont care if digitalgm dynos the car everyone should know that 1 dyno does not justify the worth of the headers. who knows maybe he will lose power like some people on accord forum had experience. maybe the gains will be huge???

all cars are different i would suggest that maybe a back to back dyno with the obx and comptech headers could give the definite answers of which will give more power...

also, i think it sucks for the people in cali because the obx headers are not carb certified. who knows maybe since the headers are a 100% copy of the comptechs that they can only give one CARB ceritfication to the original product?????

sidemarker
Old 09-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: one OBX dyno=shit

Originally posted by digitalgm
Sidemarker, let me answer you in parts.

First, I agree with you - if the OBX headers did not come out as soon as they did, I would have bought CT's - simple as that.

Second, the headers do have a lifetime warranty and a money back clause so you are pretty much covered well!

Next, OBX warranties most of their products

As far as the construction goes, you can get ceramic plated if you like but I opted not to. Concerning the dyno, I think *one* dyno will make a difference. I mean I have a totally stock CL-S and am dynoing before and after with the headers - I think that should prove to most people the legitimacy of the headers. Furthermore, if anybody has the CT headers, I could put them on my car and then the Obx headers to show the gains in proportion. If not, oh well.

CARB certification : if anyone of you guys knows about this, it is a very hard certification to obtain - it is very similar to the stiffness of an ISO 9001 certification and that is tough.

ce la vi....

AdamR
i think what you are doing is great for the people on this board

im just tired of reading about all the ticky tacky concerns about the headers.

everyone should benefit from these headers abd be greatful that these headers are indeed for real...

sidemarker
Old 09-08-2002, 05:39 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Re: Re: one OBX dyno=shit

ce la vi....

What's that mean?
Old 09-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Re: one OBX dyno=shit

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
What's that mean?
That's life if I remember correctly...but it should be c'est la vie
Old 09-08-2002, 05:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: one OBX dyno=shit

yeah, i think thats the correct spelling... oh well. As far as the headers, i am glad to do it for all the people on the board and i am just as sick as you are of hearing all the damn bashing going on!

Originally posted by tw1112
That's life if I remember correctly...but it should be c'est la vie
Old 09-08-2002, 06:53 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: one OBX dyno=shit

yeah, i think thats the correct spelling... oh well.
You americans trying to speak french...leave that to us canadians, eh?
Old 09-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Old timer

Whatever, moosecock. :P
Old 09-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah!! whatever he said!!
Old 09-08-2002, 10:01 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Originally posted by JRock
Whatever, moosecock. :P
Not too many moose around this area...lots of beavers though
Old 09-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Official Member

If you're in CALI, it's best that you spend an extra 5 bills and get the CARB approved header. Some cops can be real pricks and cite you and order you to go to a STATE inspection (smog) and then go to court. It happened to me with my custom intake a few years ago. On top of that, you have to take the headers off every time you smog, unless you have a hook up.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:36 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sidemarker dude chill,
OBX is good for the CL,TL and V-6 owners. because THIS WILL END COMPTECH OF PORKING US WITH PRICES.. I know a lot of guys on this board are hardcore Comptech guys. that's fine but anytime you pay 1100-1200 bucks for a set headers then your competition comes out with a set of headers for 1/2 the price that says a lot about your company. for an extra 500 or 600 bucks I'd want those headers made out of Titianium.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:08 PM

INFO : for all of your guys that want to comare the OBX to the CT headers, take a look at the pic below. It does look like the OBX headers welding is sloppier than the CT but we'll see about the gains on the dyno.

Please note that the CT headers were used so that will naturally smooth them out!!!

AdamR
Old 09-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Drifting

It is "C'est la vie". What ever. I think people here are of the trust but verify mentality. YMMV
Old 09-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Water-S
sidemarker dude chill,
OBX is good for the CL,TL and V-6 owners. because THIS WILL END COMPTECH OF PORKING US WITH PRICES.. I know a lot of guys on this board are hardcore Comptech guys. that's fine but anytime you pay 1100-1200 bucks for a set headers then your competition comes out with a set of headers for 1/2 the price that says a lot about your company. for an extra 500 or 600 bucks I'd want those headers made out of Titianium.
here we go again

im not bashing at comptech or obx just the people who are whinning about the headers. who cares about the dyno

they look like comptechs and are made out of stainless steel and are $500, ill take two of them please...

sidemarker