ONDERGROUND-DESIGN present body kit SEMA REPLICA

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 03:18 PM
:)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the fins were the best part about the kit! don't take that out!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:29 PM
I love my CL-S

okay...so Adam do we just all pay pal the moeny and we can do this when we reach $2000 right??

btw..seam kit all the way...
Old 10-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PLEASE let me know if I can just get the front bumper!! If so, I would be very interested!! I don't care if it's bolt on, or a whole bumper replacement. I know I would like to have the front design of the SEMA kit.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by JRock
That silver CL at the top of this page looks hot as heck except for the stupid rounded mirrors. With the regular mirrors it would be complete.
"STUPID ROUNDED MIRRORS???"

Awww man...... I thought that they were hot!! I mean, they totally match the whole car. The CL is basically rounded out with soft curves and the e46 ///M3 mirrors perfectly match that. Man, that was my favorite part too.... oh well...
Old 10-18-2002, 05:18 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
wild: yes anything sent to donations@acura-cl.com will go towards getting this kit made. i will find a way to makeup the difference.

frryy: i agree... those mirrors looked DOPE. the stock mirrors are ugly
Old 10-18-2002, 05:42 PM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by soopa
wild: yes anything sent to donations@acura-cl.com will go towards getting this kit made. i will find a way to makeup the difference.

frryy: i agree... those mirrors looked DOPE. the stock mirrors are ugly
so after we donat the moeny, do we still have to put down the deposit for the kit??
Old 10-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Banned

I think the TL bodykit with slight modification would look primo on the CL. I have a picture of what I am trying to describe but I can't post it because of the stupid 1 byte crap. Anyways I am definetly interested in a bodykit but I think onderground wants to use fiberglass if Im not mistaken. If thats the case than I dont think it would be a wise idea for New Yorkers with all the potholes and shitty streets we have. Either way could luck with your venture.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:51 PM
The Creator

Wild:

This is how it would work ideally.

Anyone interested can kick in a reasonable amount into Acura-CL.com's paypal account.

Within the next few weeks I will bring payment AND my car to Montreal for creation to begin. Onderground agree's to keep us updated throughout the entire process with pictures etc.

Why do I want to do it like this?

1. TO GET IT DONE.
2. To protect the members of this board. Any money sent to A-CL will essentially remain YOURS until this kit is made. This protects us all from the instance of many random people on this board sending money to a foreign company and then nothing getting done.
3. Organization. This way tracking of funds and progress will be nice and smooth.

Now, I haven't decided whether I will wait till everyone has kicked in enough to make this happen. Or whether myself and a few others will finance the operation from the get go and hope you all come through with the funds to reimburse us.

But all those details will be worked out in the next few days.

I will close this and make a new post containing ALL details hopefully by monday, or as soon as I get a chance to go over it all with Eric @ Onderground.

In the meantime... lets just worry about getting a true vision of what we want them to create.

It is FACT that we want them, and that the point of this is, to create a SEMA-like kit.

Ideally, and I think in the interests of many is to have this kit bolt on in the same fashion a factory kit would, thereby retaining our factory bumpers.

So we need clear illustrations of how to make the kit look SEMA-like while not requiring such drastic body modifications.

Get to work photochoppers!
Old 10-18-2002, 09:01 PM
10th Gear

I will be in.......keep me posted.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:25 PM
10th Gear

Let me just say that you all should beware. This is such a stupid conversation/investment.

There is a group of us (like all of us on this board) that are dying for a body kit. Why shoud any of us have to invest money. This company knows that if they create a decent looking kit, we are all going to buy one. I just wish everyone would be careful.

Also, you really do not need everyones opinion on the design. Just make the body kit look similar to the original post and you will have many takers..........we are all looking for a body kit....similar to the TL or the one you posted. Just make it look clean, and bolt on to the original body.

Maybe it is just me, but this seems simple. Look at all of the responses.........why would they require 2,000. This is a company.....are you tellilng me that they are not willling to front the 2,000.....with all of these interested people. Let's use some common sense everyone. We are all waiting for a kit, but lets not get scammed.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Racer

Originally posted by pakman32
Let me just say that you all should beware. This is such a stupid conversation/investment...

Maybe it is just me, but this seems simple. Look at all of the responses.........why would they require 2,000. This is a company.....are you tellilng me that they are not willling to front the 2,000.....with all of these interested people. Let's use some common sense everyone. We are all waiting for a kit, but lets not get scammed.
That's why I was a little skeptical. I don't own a molding shop, but I can easily front $2K if I know my crew can duplicate a SEMA / quality clean kit, cause I know people will buy it. I looked into making a mold for the TL a while back, but it costs $30K+ to do it for Eurethane, so that not feasible. If it only cost $2k for making a mold for a fiberglass kit, and Onderground can't afford to front the $. What kind of company is that or a company who don't have confidence in their products
Old 10-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Banned

Let me just say that you all should beware. This is such a stupid conversation/investment.

There is a group of us (like all of us on this board) that are dying for a body kit. Why shoud any of us have to invest money. This company knows that if they create a decent looking kit, we are all going to buy one. I just wish everyone would be careful.

Also, you really do not need everyones opinion on the design. Just make the body kit look similar to the original post and you will have many takers..........we are all looking for a body kit....similar to the TL or the one you posted. Just make it look clean, and bolt on to the original body.

I agree to a certain extent. Onderground is special ordering this kit or specially making it for the CL. Probably making only as many as he pre-sells but I do think $2k is a bit much. He should charge the same as the kit will cost after production. If the kit comes out good than everone buys it if not Soopa goes home with the unique bodykit since he fronted his car. If he said the kit is $1200 than that is the amount that should be fronted.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
thats why we donate a little dough to soopa. I have this weird trust that we can really make this happen. What's $50 anyway, it will still be ours if this doesn't go through and its for our benefit. Lets show our stripes and just DO IT. I am donating $50 tomorro. now, i'm sure the kit will look a little different as an add on, but its not in the designers hands anymore. You have the visuals, the Sema photos, now its up to the manufacturer to make an add on functional and Not awkward. So onderground has experience in fabricating kits, he'll know how to get it done. In this case, the add on is function over form so no more designing is needed i suppose.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:26 AM
Honkey

First of all, I just wanted to say thank you to Soopa for getting this going. Truth is most the people on here don't have the courage to buy anything unless they see it first.

Second, I think it would be best if it was a direct bumper replacement. That way we can retain our factory bumpers if we ever want to go back to stock. If we have to attach a fiberglass lower lip to our existing bumpers it may require drilling holes in our factory bumpers, or doing other things to modify it. I think a one piece front/rear bumper would be best. It would look cleanest, and allow us to keep our factory bumpers for backup.

-Aaron
Old 10-19-2002, 01:37 AM
Starving CLS Driver

I will definitly be in if they do a sema kit that is bolt on. So far i am counting at least 9 folks including myself who agree upon the sema kit. So lets keep it like that. Oh and the rear lip would be great also. Keep it coming folks.

Kritika
Old 10-19-2002, 03:14 AM
URL Not Found!

What about the exhaust design for the rear bumper? Who's got ideas? I LIKE the SEMA rear bumper with the different color insert and everything...
Old 10-19-2002, 05:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,110 Likes on 3,614 Posts
No rice a roni body kits like the one he showed us (altima) for me. If it looks like the sema kit then I'd do it. One MAJOR QUESTION I have tho is this: why do 10 ppl have to come up w/ the money to pay for his development costs? WTF is this?? Show me another company that sez I'll produce headers if you guys pay MY designers (so I can collect the profits later) I say if he wants to sell the kit, let him develop it himself OR he can trade those 10 willing to send 194 to develop the kit royalty checks from every kit he sells beyond the original ten. Otherwise, ten desperadoes may buck up, and 11, 12, 13, etc. will get a "free ride." Am I the only one who is thinking like this?
Old 10-19-2002, 06:06 AM
Pro

anyone else have reservations about the durability of a 'glass kit up in the northeast? i'm curious if all that weight would deform the bumpers in some way. i really hate fiberglass kits
Old 10-19-2002, 07:16 AM
Intermediate

Ok guys,

A guy have approched me to design a kit like the sema.... I decided that it would be a great idea, cuz no one have made kit for that classy car. For Pakman32 and other, our company cannot afford the cost of $5000 for the design, mold, material and place taken in the shop, if I do every body kit that people suggest us, I will run into bankcrupty, we would have 40000 design and no sales!

So we go one step at the time, you guys want somethin differant, ok, no problem, I invest approx $3000 and you $2000 to cover the fee for the design, I need to pay 3 employes 50h a week, over $1500 in raw material, and many other things, we don't do any penny over this investment. It just give us the chance to offer a new body kit from a small investment ( $3000 ).

Imagine how many email I receive each day for people that want custom design.. If i listen all of them, I will have 200 employes designing kit, over $5000 invested in each design and still no kit to sell !! We did this over 2 month and we had so much trouble...

Imagine also that I INVEST all of this money.... over $5000 in the design, and making approx $200 profit from each kit sold.... a kit take 5 hours to make and take place in the shop. SO this mean I will need to work approx 3 weeks for the design, 4 month to produce the kit, and produce more than 25 kits.

You can see that this is not possible without your help... and this is almost cheaper than the OEM kit.

The way we now work it guarantee me that the mold will be paid, employes will be paid, and we will start to make money after the 15th body kit sold... the first 15 cover the cost from each kit, cover the cost invested in the $3000....

So as you can see, its a hard market, profit is far from here... but Im taking my time, I don't even get paid for this, take some picture every day for the project and show you....

just click on this link and see the project we just finished for the MX-3.com

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...&f=17&t=001491

this is a new kind of business, designing over group buy and showing you all the process.. Its not everyday that the owner of the second biggest body kit company in Canada come in a forum to offer his product.... But we stay close to our customer, we are proud of what we are offer, proud of our product and the best of all, proud of our staff.

I like the way that you don't trust the way to give us your money as a deposit, its ok I dont have any problem with this, myself too I would be asking lots of question before sending even One buck to someone who is asking to pay BEFORE the design....

But I need to be sure that I will be able to pay my employes, with this money....

Soopa will keep all YOUR money and he will come in our shop and he we will start this and we produce the kit for you. You will see all picture, just surf the mx-3.com forum, you will see approx 10 topic, thursday update, monday update.... ! every day I go and post the picture of the development, just to let them know how good it was! So we will do the same here. Im proud the way our company works and you will be so proud, wearing a Sema body kit from onderground-design, that you would pay, even less than the OEM standard body kit.

For those who have some questions about fiberglass kit, I don't suggest wearing it during winter, you will scrap the paint and may crack it if you run in deep snow.

This body kit will be made over the stock bumper, it will take 10 minute to install it and 10 minute taking it off, so keep your stock bumper and install it for winter! that the best thing you would do!

Fiberglass is resistant, of course do not hit a pole or something hard, but a stardard bumper will crack too, and urethane bumper is not repairable, its garbage! But fiberglass, even the kit in 2 parts will take 2 hours to repair and paint..... awersome!

Email Soppa for the paypal account for the deposit

thanks you

Eric Belec
www.onderground-design.com
Old 10-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by soopa
that would be sweet if possible. but i higly doubt it would look so clean in actuality
It wouldn't look that good because I dunno about you guys but my stock bumper is more ROUNDED not that nice sharp sporty look like Rondog has right above that line he drew for the edge of the kit, plus it's all one piece so unless you cut apart the stock bumper there's nothing to attach it to there.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by rondog
here's where the seam for the kit would most likely meet. I like this idea since it is less work in adding a whole new bumper. I just hope it can be pulled off. I also took out the fins so it would be stronger at the seam.
It's less work to cut the stock bumper instead of just simply taking it off and putting on a molded kitted one? How?
You're talking measuring, cutting, filling, adding some sort of connections for the kit to hook into, and whatever else would be needed instead of simply replacing or attaching a kit.
Besides, on the SEMA car the ENTIRE BUMPER PIECE is made by them - it's not the same as ours.

Besides, that line you drew onto the pic is BS.
The SEMA "kit" is an entirely new bumper piece.
Just like any kit we do will either be a tiny KIT like the TL KIT, or a whole new bumper setup like the SEMA style "kit".

There is no seam in the SEMA:

Old 10-19-2002, 10:03 AM
The Creator

jrock: who said anything about cutting the stock bumper? weve already said rondy's idea isnt too feasible.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Old timer

That's exactly my point, I guess I'm a page late to the party though.

Oh, and Rondog is the one who drew the line as if cutting the front bumper was somehow more feasible than just replacing it with a new piece.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Honkey

$10 says this falls though because you guys irritate the guy to the point he doesn't want to do business with us.

-Aaron
Old 10-19-2002, 10:57 AM
The Creator

lol i agree with aaron.

i wont let that happen tho. ill close all the threads and go at it alone if i have to. haha
Old 10-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by JRock
That's exactly my point, I guess I'm a page late to the party though.

Oh, and Rondog is the one who drew the line as if cutting the front bumper was somehow more feasible than just replacing it with a new piece.
I was just trying to present the easiest instalation option, which was to simply add on a piece to the bumper. Aftre all the hoopla, we came to the conclusion that replacing mthe bumper would be easier. No big deal, I justy want this to be as cost efficient as possible and not a laborious task when it comes to installation. i mean look at the TL kit, its an add on, no problems there. Anyhow, its been resolved, and if you really want to make a difference, put some money in the damn pot.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I will buy a BNHP rear bumper cover.... it should be in excellent shape!

Just to help you guys who are jumping in this Kit GB and have to get rid of some plastic covers...
Old 10-19-2002, 01:03 PM
10th Gear

For those who put the TL kit on the CL......did you have the dealer install?????
Old 10-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Instructor

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!

Just design a kit almost identical to the TL bolt on kit.. We don't want the no ricy looking piece of junk. Or thay ugly Maxima bumper with that line going across the TOP..

1). TL Body kit that bolts on very simply
2). Nothing to Guady and Ricy
3). Something like the Sema kit but we dont want a whole new bumper that would not be to smart and easy to do.
4). Good strong Quality

YOU DO THIS I WILL GUARANTEE YoU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF BUYERS...
Old 10-19-2002, 09:03 PM
Honkey

FYI, you can pull the front bumper off our car in about 10 mins, put a new one on in 15. It's a REALLY easy process.

-Aaron
Old 10-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Instructor

I'm in for a kit.....deadcell34@hotmail.com
Old 10-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Broke youngster :(

For those who put the TL kit on the CL......did you have the dealer install?????
n00b
Old 10-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
shouldn't this thread be 'stickied'?
Old 10-20-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey can U make a NICE stash compartment in the rear piece for a couple pounds!!!!!! Thanks
Old 10-20-2002, 02:09 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by StypeCL
Hey can U make a NICE stash compartment in the rear piece for a couple pounds!!!!!! Thanks
so you can put your weed in there?
Old 10-20-2002, 09:57 AM
The Creator

as aaron said... there literally is NOTHING easier then swapping our bumpers.

no more then 5 min to take off and put back on. its so easy i sometimes take my bumper off just for the fuck of it

and stoned: we have a factory stashbox holmes
Old 10-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Broke youngster :(

Originally posted by zeroday
so you can put your weed in there?
Too bad the dogs will still sniff it out
Old 10-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

so what's the present status, and when's liftoff?
Old 10-20-2002, 11:25 AM
The Creator

waiting for Eric to call me back. gonna go over details.. hopefully sometime in the next week or two well have the money and theyll get my car.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

1-I'll buy one if it looks like the bolt on TL kit

2-I'll buy one if it looks like the Sema kit

3-I won't buy if it's ricey

If the finished product is anything like 1 or 2 then you can count me in as a buyer...... JMO

Quick Reply: ONDERGROUND-DESIGN present body kit SEMA REPLICA