OMG, might be getting my Type S this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 03:19 PM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG, might be getting my Type S this weekend!

Anything I should know for when we're at the dealer?

Things I should ask for, or ask about?

What kinda price do you think I could get them down to for a 2002 CL-TypeS? (Doubt I'll like the TL, but I plan to test both.)

And if I do end up getting one, what's the first mod to do?

thanks,
-J
Old 04-26-2001, 03:23 PM
on bin laden

Get Aegean Blue dammit!

Make sure they don't put screws thru the license plate on the front, just the factory ones underneath the bumper.

You should be able to get a mad discount.

First mod depends on what you like. More power & awesome sound = CAI for $200. Better handling = springs ($200) & sways ($200). Better sound = exhaust ($too much). Lotta power (32hp) = headers ($1200).

Enjoy.

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 04-26-2001, 03:31 PM
Old timer

Oh, and what options should i get on it?

I'm getting non-navi. But I want the rear spoiler, wheel locks, and the little windguard for the moonroof.

What about mudflaps - stupid or worthwhile? How do they look?

I actually really AM thinking of getting Aegean Blue if it's dark enough. I haven't seen it yet.

-J
Old 04-26-2001, 03:34 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
You may regret NOT getting the Navi ! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR WITH OUT NAVIGATION TECHNOLOGY ! After market product for this car, will be expensive, assuming you buy Nordstom and NOT COSTCO !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-26-2001, 04:33 PM
Old timer

(insert joke about REAL men not needing navigational aids here)

Anyway, it's $2000 off the price. I don't need it. I'd rather have that money towards mods or something.

-J

So what's the deal with options?

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old 04-26-2001, 08:33 PM
Old timer

Anyone?
Old 04-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
Anything I should know for when we're at the dealer?

Things I should ask for, or ask about?

What kinda price do you think I could get them down to for a 2002 CL-TypeS? (Doubt I'll like the TL, but I plan to test both.)

And if I do end up getting one, what's the first mod to do?

thanks,
-J
</font>
Um, did you mean to say a 2002 CL Type S? As far as I know any car you see at the dealer this week will still be a 2001. Let me know if I'm wrong...
Old 04-26-2001, 08:58 PM
Ace rider

Oh, and what options should i get on it?

I'm getting non-navi. But I want the rear spoiler, wheel locks, and the little windguard for the moonroof.

What about mudflaps - stupid or worthwhile? How do they look?

I actually really AM thinking of getting Aegean Blue if it's dark enough. I haven't seen it yet.

-J
</font>
Moonroof visor: Nah, takes up what little space there is, and the roof works just fine without it.
Spoiler: If you like how it looks (I do) then get it. I got it thrown in last minute for free cuz I was about to leave!
Mud flaps: Only if you like how it looks (I don't) I don't mind cleaning a little bit more. I think they would look okay on a black car, but the black flaps don't go that well with the other colors IMO.
Wheel Locks: Mine came with the car, should be free in any case cuz they cost so little.
Nav: I have it, and I'm glad I do. Remember, if you don't get it, you can't go back and change your mind! You can always get the other stuff above (and mods) at any time.
What other options are there? I forget, it's been a while...

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 04-26-2001, 09:08 PM
Old timer

Thanks for the advice.

I thought 2002's were available?

If not then how come I've seen people with TL TypeS's? I thought those only came out in 2002 model year?

-J
Old 04-26-2001, 09:20 PM
Instructor

the TL 2002 is out, but not the CL. Its coming out in october supposedly, at least thats what the acura guy at the car show told me. Get the navi, i dont see paying $30,000 for a car and not springing another 2,000 for the navi. I dont have the cl yet but im gonna get it with the navi in about 2 months, or whenever i can save up enough money or get approved for a loan. post how much you pay when you get it, im curiuos to see how much there going for now. i would get close to invoice being the 2002 coming out soon.
Old 04-26-2001, 09:28 PM
Old timer

Yeah I would expect to not pay much for an '01 this late in the model year. But I am disappointed the '02s aren't out yet.

I'm pretty sure I don't want a TL, even if it is an '02 if only because the rear end looks too sedan-ish. I love the way the exhaust exits the CL-S with those nice tips. The rear end looks complete. The TL rear end looks like the exhaust was an after-thought, IMHO.

They're still both very nice cars. I might end up with a black/black CL-S (not very original, I know).

I have plans though. I'm just too strapped for cash to be modding it right after purchase. I'd love to get the Comptech h/e/struts/sways, an intake, Koni shocks, and some sexy Momo Sport 18" rims but well I don't exactly have like $3500 extra. :-\

Although knocking off two grand for non-navi would help a bit. Not to mention I see no need for the navi. Why do you guys with the navi feel it's so worth $2000?

-J
Old 04-26-2001, 11:16 PM
Advanced

I'm pretty sure I don't want a TL, even if it is an '02 if only because the rear end looks too sedan-ish.</font>
funny, i like the tl rear-end much better than the cl. the cl is a bit plain for me, even after i added the spoiler.

------------------
allyn
2001 3.2 CL Type S w/Navigation,
Taffeta White/Parchment,
Spoiler, Gold Emblems, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks
Old 04-27-2001, 12:43 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

JRock--don't forget to check your email from me. If you son't buy this weekend you can check out my car when I get back from the beach on Sunday with mudflaps, wheels well guards, spoiler and black with tint(maybe not very original, but god dang it looks tight!!) The blue is not as nice as some of the other blues out there. And I don't like the looks of the airdam for the sunroof--ruins the lines. You'll def. get the wheel locks thron in if you go with my salesman and if you want the wheel well guards and mudflaps order them online and I'll get the technician there to install them for you real cheap. Probably save you some cash going this route. Also, if you want to order the spoiler I can have him do that for you as well if it can save you money. I'd also be happy to meet you up there on Monday to try and score a real good end of the month deal. Send me an email and let me know.

And when the time comes trust me, I will get your mods done cheap and by an awesome technician and then we can hit the track. JZ

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint

[This message has been edited by JZ (edited 04-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JZ (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 12:08 PM
Old timer

Okay time to go back to the dealer today and check out the (cleaned up) blue CL-S I saw there yesterday.

Then I'll probably head down to Rosenthal and work out a contract down there since they are already offering me a much better price than Acura West.

Black/black or Aegean/black... hmmmm.

Wish me luck!

-J

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 12:28 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
As some people said up above I'm never buying another car again without the navi. Its not exactly perfect but it does work very well. Also make sure they don't screw the license plate into the front bumper. Criswell in annapolis swears that is how HQ tells them to do it. Even though I didn't buy it from them you might want to check out tischer acura they gave me the lowest price quote right up front. Just let them know you are ready to buy right then and walk out. They instantly dropped the price $1.5k. The only reason I didn't buy it from them is because the salesman pissed me off. I was meeting someone to sell my hybrid in their parking. And I was going to buy a car right then and there as soon as I had the cashiers check in my hand. While I was waiting for the guy to show the salesman went to lunch at mcdonalds and didn't even offer to get me anything. So I thought that was a little rude so I just called my dad to come pick me up after I sold my car and drive me Criswell. The salesman was going to make his commsion off me and couldn't even spend $5 of his own money to buy me lunch. Fuck That!

------------------
I think we are all driving the Civic Si's big brother.
Old 04-28-2001, 02:56 PM
w.t.f., mate?

This is the weekend now, so good luck on getting the car

If you haven't gone out to the dealership yet, then let me offer my opinion. BLACK!!!!!!

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder on the way!!!~
Old 04-28-2001, 06:03 PM
Old timer

I GOT ONE I GOT ONE!

My baby is blue w/ black interior. It was the last blue one available in the DC Area so I didn't bother trying to find out if it has the front plate drilled on or not (from what I could tell from both dealers I was at this weekend, they ALL have them drilled on prior to shipping to them so I don't think they can do anything about that).

Anyway, the final price (including tax, etc) was $31007.95.
The deal was $29399 for CL-S with the spoiler and I got him to give in and throw in the wheel locks.

The car was driven over from a neighboring dealership today and they will have it ready by Monday. I waited around for about an hour to get a look at it, but they weren't able to drive it over in time.

Dealer I bought it from was Rosenthal in Gaithersburg, Md. They quoted me $28.7k over the phone (29.4k w/ spoiler) without me even asking a price, compared to Acura West in Ellicott City which wanted $30.8k for it w/ spoiler in personand wouldn't come down any further. They made excuses, Rosenthal made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Btw, Rosenthal does some hardcore business - while I was there they were constantly making sales - hell they sold a frickin' NSX while I was there.

-J

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 04-28-2001).]