Old Modded VW - golf? Rabbit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 09:13 AM
noodles tastes good.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Modded VW - golf? Rabbit?

Coming on HWY1 following a civic in the fast lane doing about 80km/hr. Not really in the mood to speed so i didn't mind following a slow one in the fast lane. I see this VW 2dr hatchback closing in behind me. He tails me for a few minutes and decides to highbeam me. I'm thinking WTF, i'm not the one pacing here, if he should be highbeaming it's the guy in front of me. He then pulls over into the HOV left lane and i notice it's some guy in his mid 20's driving illegally in the HOV lane to pass. As he passes i notice it's actually a nicely done up VW, kit, rims, exhaust. I also notice he's got his middle finger pointed at me. NOW I'M PISSED . I'm one of those guys that have REAL bad road rage, and yes, i play "those" kind of games too. I down to 3rd and swerve over to the right lane and pass the civic and back to the middle lane side by side with the VW. Not letting him back into the fast lane as he closes in behind a SUV. He slows down and goes around to the right lane and tries to pass me. I can hear his exhaust real loud now and i floor it, pass him, move in front of him and brake check it really hard for a split second and take off again. Then gave him the finger pointed to the side indicating if he wants to play we can pull over. He stays behind me for the rest of the way in the slow lane at 80km/hr until my exit in the slow lane. Maybe he was scared? or maybe i put him in his place.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:02 PM

what?

settle down its only a road
Old 01-02-2004, 12:36 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Re: Old Modded VW - golf? Rabbit?

Originally posted by n00dleboy
Coming on HWY1 following a civic in the fast lane doing about 80km/hr. Not really in the mood to speed so i didn't mind following a slow one in the fast lane. I see this VW 2dr hatchback closing in behind me. He tails me for a few minutes and decides to highbeam me. I'm thinking WTF, i'm not the one pacing here, if he should be highbeaming it's the guy in front of me. He then pulls over into the HOV left lane and i notice it's some guy in his mid 20's driving illegally in the HOV lane to pass. As he passes i notice it's actually a nicely done up VW, kit, rims, exhaust. I also notice he's got his middle finger pointed at me. NOW I'M PISSED . I'm one of those guys that have REAL bad road rage, and yes, i play "those" kind of games too. I down to 3rd and swerve over to the right lane and pass the civic and back to the middle lane side by side with the VW. Not letting him back into the fast lane as he closes in behind a SUV. He slows down and goes around to the right lane and tries to pass me. I can hear his exhaust real loud now and i floor it, pass him, move in front of him and brake check it really hard for a split second and take off again. Then gave him the finger pointed to the side indicating if he wants to play we can pull over. He stays behind me for the rest of the way in the slow lane at 80km/hr until my exit in the slow lane. Maybe he was scared? or maybe i put him in his place.
Up your MEDS dude...really.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:43 PM
noodles tastes good.

People shouldn't go around giving strangers the middle finger for no reason - especially if it was uncalled for.

Please.. don't give me that "up my meds - only a road" crap. If there was more courtesy on the roads, people wouldn't develop road rage.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:49 PM
10th Gear

I agree about the middle finger thing. I used to be the kind of guy to give another driver the finger for just about anything. Until I was driving in Memphis one time and this big burly SOB in an old beater got really pissed and started reaching for his glove box. Another time I gave a guy the finger on the freeway and he followed me all the way to my job...turned out to be a guy I worked with - we had a nervous laugh over it.

Now I just ignore jerks on the road. I have to admit it's a pretty good strategy. I'm hardly ever pissed on the road because I'm not constantly measuring someone's finger worthiness anymore.

Just keep driving.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Old Modded VW - golf? Rabbit?

As he passes i notice it's actually a nicely done up VW, kit, rims, exhaust. I also notice he's got his middle finger pointed at me.
This made me laugh out loud.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:25 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

damn i hate when people are gay
Old 01-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Kicking your Ass

People shouldn't go around giving strangers the middle finger for no reason - especially if it was uncalled for.

Please.. don't give me that "up my meds - only a road" crap. If there was more courtesy on the roads, people wouldn't develop road rage.
or you could've been shot...

By the way, in my state, aggravated road rage (what just described) has a worse penalty than a DUI...
Old 01-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Kicking your Ass

Originally posted by aintnomyth
I agree about the middle finger thing. I used to be the kind of guy to give another driver the finger for just about anything. Until I was driving in Memphis one time and this big burly SOB in an old beater got really pissed and started reaching for his glove box. Another time I gave a guy the finger on the freeway and he followed me all the way to my job...turned out to be a guy I worked with - we had a nervous laugh over it.

Now I just ignore jerks on the road. I have to admit it's a pretty good strategy. I'm hardly ever pissed on the road because I'm not constantly measuring someone's finger worthiness anymore.

Just keep driving.
That is sound advice... If I look up and see someone closing in on me that fast, I bail out. Even if it is Metro LSi... It isn't worth screwing around with people, you just dont know what they are trying to do... Also, the weapon thing is a valid point. I have a carry/conceal and you better believe i do...

However, simply reaching for a gun can be considered assualy witha deadly weapon. But, if you dont get to tell the cops your side of the story becuase you are dead, what is the point?

Just remember... There will always be someone more stupid than you...