OEM Style Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
OEM Style Rotors

Hey guys, I have a lot of experience with aftermarket rotors but I have an older customer who is just looking for OEM style rotors. They do not want cross-drilled or slotted and the rotors they have had from NAPA have warped again and again. Generally I would just go with Brembo blanks and some VGX ceramic pads for the customer but I have read on the forum that the Brembo blanks warp also. So who has had any experience w/ the Brembo blanks? Or any other OEM style rotor?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Hey guys, I have a lot of experience with aftermarket rotors but I have an older customer who is just looking for OEM style rotors. They do not want cross-drilled or slotted and the rotors they have had from NAPA have warped again and again. Generally I would just go with Brembo blanks and some VGX ceramic pads for the customer but I have read on the forum that the Brembo blanks warp also. So who has had any experience w/ the Brembo blanks? Or any other OEM style rotor?
I suspect his problem are the pads not the rotors. The manufacturers of the VGX pads have had several compound changes the last couple of years. I had the VGX pads on my 01 CLS and eventually got the dreaded steering wheel shake. I received a new set of VGX pads at no charge because of the compound issue. If he has a shop he trusts I would just have the rotors machined and try some different pads. The machining is more to clean up the braking surface because of the bad compound. My Vigor had the exact same problem. I would pull the rotors off and put them on our brake lathe and wind up only machining off .005, problem solved.