Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-26-2002, 02:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headers, Cat backs, and CAI's

I can get these OBX for 320 + shipping if anyone is interested. I have a dealership with OBX and I can get headers as well, if I can save you some money. I am a new cl owner. jUST TRADED rsx TYPE S IN. But I am waiting on the Greddy SYstem. Prove to be the best in all the shows I've entered and they have a sweet sound. No silencer needed. I am also waiting on DC Sport headers. I've been in competitions a long time and sold junk and sold the best. It's better to wait on the best. I found CAI 's and muffler system alterteratins are probably the first steps for better performance. AEM proven to be the best CAI.:cool
Old 10-26-2002, 06:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,464 Likes on 3,774 Posts
there's not enough $$$$ in the world to get me to put those big ugly ass fart can pipes on my ride. yeccccccccccchhh!

Old 10-26-2002, 09:35 AM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: headers, Cat backs, and CAI's

Originally posted by injunjoe
I can get these OBX for 320 + shipping if anyone is interested. I have a dealership with OBX and I can get headers as well, if I can save you some money. I am a new cl owner. jUST TRADED rsx TYPE S IN. But I am waiting on the Greddy SYstem. Prove to be the best in all the shows I've entered and they have a sweet sound. No silencer needed. I am also waiting on DC Sport headers. I've been in competitions a long time and sold junk and sold the best. It's better to wait on the best. I found CAI 's and muffler system alterteratins are probably the first steps for better performance. AEM proven to be the best CAI.:cool
while understanding that you are new ... there are many many many experienced folk on this board. especially when it comes to performance modification to the CL/CL-S. we've tried many exhaust configurations only to find out they really didn't help, or in the case of high flow cats (ie random tech) they hurt torque too much. i'm sure everybody is excited to see what numbers this system puts out. personally, the hks mufflers that i have, i want to keep, the sound is perfect, and the shape of the muffler isn't ricey or showy, which we all try and avoid around here. about the only members that "show" their CL's, are the ones with hydraulics ... the body kits are all nasty, basically the owners should've just bought a rally car and moved on in life. we'd love the TL factory kit for the CL. just a friendly heads up i guess ...
Old 10-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injunjoe,

First welcome to the board... helping the guys here get better deal is welcomed too...

However, in one thread you say you can sell the OBX headers for $325 shipped and in other thread you say it is $250 shipped

There is a $75 difference and it is not a typo I am sure.,,, Could you clarify it...

Also, what do you know about DC Sport headers (never heard that they are making one for the CLS) and what about the Greddy system?