O boi...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 09:59 PM
BigPimpShyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O boi...

DAmN, that's all I said after I installed my 6000Kelvin HID bulbs!!! No photograph could ever show you the phatness of the change from 4200K to 6000K...Im so glad I made this investment because its very stimulating knowing and seeing that your HID is so much phatter than any BMW, Benz, Porche, Audi, or any car for that matter...So many people will notice your cars uniqueness at night...It makes other cars HID look yellow compared to mine...I used to marvel at other people's HID thinking I was cheated on my $hit, but not now...I swear I thought my contacts were fucked up or something, but its the HID if you stare into the light for too long it makes your eyes sore...I read in the manual that its not good to look into the light source, i cant stop looking at it in disbelief...It's weird your eyes could easily mistake the light for purple, but its sooo damn white that your eyes have trouble distinguishing the color...Im 100% sure that I would do it again if I ever get another car w/HID...Put on your sunglasses haters :P...Shyne
Old 12-08-2001, 10:13 PM
STi

You actually change the HID bulb?? Where did you order it and post some pic will ya....
Old 12-08-2001, 10:26 PM
Suzuka Master

are these the same or similar to the phillips bulbs?
Old 12-08-2001, 10:30 PM
Race Director

Hey I was looking into that too but was wondering if it would burn out the plastic housing that the light clips into, cause those things are superhot. Do you know anything about this.
Old 12-08-2001, 11:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by pgatour1
Hey I was looking into that too but was wondering if it would burn out the plastic housing that the light clips into, cause those things are superhot. Do you know anything about this.
weird, HIDs aren't suppose to be all that hot

Old 12-08-2001, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

There around 175 each.
http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasd...ge/ultinon.htm
Old 12-08-2001, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Anyone up for a group buy?
Old 12-08-2001, 11:46 PM
I love my CL-S

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=53794

$350 for the bulbs
Old 12-09-2001, 12:05 AM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
Anyone up for a group buy?
i am in if the price is around 150!!!!
Old 12-09-2001, 12:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Some" of the HIDs can put out a ton of UV (if not filtered) -- UV is NOT good for the eyes!
Old 12-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Suzuka Master

where did you buy yours amir? same place that NOVA said?
Old 12-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Resident DJ

oh great...get those and then the road lamps REALLY won't match...Polarg M6's or not!

I guess you could just say screw it to trying match 'em up and just get amber bulbs for the road lamps though...
Old 12-09-2001, 12:19 AM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by skyeflye
oh great...get those and then the road lamps REALLY won't match...Polarg M6's or not!

I guess you could just say screw it to trying match 'em up and just get amber bulbs for the road lamps though...
thats okay..the road lamps are so weak anyway:P

plus you wont see it when you are driving the car
Old 12-09-2001, 02:04 AM
BigPimpShyne

WTF, ballers get the 6000K conversion for their fogs too...Na forreal, I bought my bulbs from autolamps-online.com...real nice company from the UK, they took time to answer so many questions of mine...i bought them for 350$ total, shipping was free, but its not fast cuz it has to clear customs and shit 8 days total...only thing i noticed after installing these things is the fucking bling, make a nigga say gaaa' damn...na forreal, they do hum a little louder than stock HID...These philips bulbs are the finest in the industry, made in Germany where all manufacturers order their HID bulbs from...These were specified for the honda inspire, so there is no problem with installing these things...not a damn thing to worry about, except getting the money to buy them bitches...well, if I were youz guyz, and I seriously wanted these things, I would buy from autolamps-online...they have the real shit, you dont want some imitation shit HID bulb with glass filters in them...so beware...mean time bow down...Shyne
Old 12-09-2001, 02:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by skyeflye

I actually got sick and tired of the dam road lamps and I took them out for good.

WildtypeS- not unless you want only 1 of the pair.

Shyne, FO SHO~! Im bout to order these mofo's ,but question did u use the d2r or d2s ? I think our is the d2r but wasn't sure.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:24 AM
BigPimpShyne

D2R is specified for our cars, D2S is for audi and bmw the ones with the projector beams...You can retrofit your bulb to a D2S because it works too...You might get more bling with the D2S, but you also might get pulled over because these really cause a lot of glare...D2R has a stripe on the bulb to hide some of the salts that become really active and cause glare...I would have taken the d2S, but I just wanted what was specified for my car...When you order the D2R, they will email you and ask you if you want the D2S because they dont stock the D2R, so for the D2R it takes two weeks plus the 5-8 days it takes to ship here to the US...I dont know, but Mr. Hyde has the d2S and it works perfect...So you might just want to order the D2S from the start...I got the last pair of D2R's in their wharehouse, so i know youll be waiting for those...good luck...Shyne
Old 12-09-2001, 02:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Looks like I found my x-mas gift to myself!
They better be worth it shyne, or im gonna kick your ghetto-wannabe ass!!
Old 12-09-2001, 02:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Also, hows the light output on these? Are they brighter than stock?
Old 12-09-2001, 03:22 AM
BigPimpShyne

i say they are a lot brighter than stock...you know how in the city night with all the street lights its kind of hard to see your light out put??? its much more easier to recognize your light out put on the road in those conditions, its the most perfect blue/white/gray hue...when you pull up to someone, the reflection will almost blind your eyes because of the intensity of the light output...its gotta be fucking up oncoming drivers left and right...this cl500 tonight had HID, his shit was so dim and yellow compared to mine...its weird too, you actually notice how dim everybody's HID is after you put them it...nobody blings like me ...it's so nice to have something better than a 90,000 dollar car...i would put them on my moms benz, but you cant see shit under the hood on that thing...its just one big block with a star on it...i cant even figure out how to fill the washer fluid on that car...good luck crazy, you wont regret this mod ...Shyne
Old 12-09-2001, 04:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Whers mr. hydes. I could care less for blinding other people. Actuallly my car before had the piaa 1000x and they where pointed up towards the drivers rear view mirror so I everyone would get the Fook out of the way.

hmm d2r or d2s can't decide

I'll probably just go w/ the d2s so I don't get picked off by cops.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:13 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the same bulbs BOBATIMEZ was raving about in Black market about 2 weeks ago? What's the LUMEN rating for these 6K bulbs vs our stock 4.1K bulbs? If color temp is significantly higher at a lower lumen rating, fuggeddabouit !
Old 12-09-2001, 10:13 AM
www.drippinwet.com

Re: O boi...

Originally posted by Amir
DAmN, that's all I said after I installed my 6000Kelvin HID bulbs if you stare into the light for too long it makes your eyes sore I read in the manual that its not good to look into the light source, i cant stop looking at it in disbelief
lay off the drugs
Old 12-09-2001, 03:57 PM
BigPimpShyne

Re: Re: O boi...

Originally posted by acura_service
lay off the drugs
oh is that why I cant stop drueling at my lights??? WTF, its so damn bright...Anyways NOVA, if you dont want to get picked off by cops then you need to go with the D2R...That is what is in your car now...Shyne
Old 12-09-2001, 04:53 PM
Old timer

I assume you DON'T mean this: http://www.autolamps-online.com/products/d2skit.htm ? Considering that says in big BOLD letters: "For Off-road Use Only".

Fuck if I'm gonna spend $350 on something that's not DOT approved so a cop can pull me over and ticket me, or an asshole cop can make me tow my car or wait until daytime to drive it from wherever he pulls me over.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Here I am, man is TL.com slow.

Anyway I am rolling with the d2s's. I had raised my HIDs after installing my springs, and I actually had them too high, but after puting these in, I had to definitely lower them back down a bit to normal levels and all is fine now.

About Lightout, while the light is whiter and brighter than before, the Lumen output/Intensity of the light is a little less even though the brightness compensates a bit. But it lights up the road just fine and looks great in my headlamps which are more similar to the CL-S ones than Shyne/Amir's. They appear now like I wish they did from the factory. The stock Hids are definitely yellow in comparison. Here are my pics.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/012/aG/31/1e/8z40108.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/004/Vg/7i/WZ/9i76892.jpg

Stock D2R, you can see the band of paint around the base and barely make it out in the rear as it goes up one side of the bulb in a narrrow strips. There are two strips which are on the sides of the bulb.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/mj/BI/eE/8E58497.jpg
Old 12-09-2001, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JRock
I assume you DON'T mean this: http://www.autolamps-online.com/products/d2skit.htm ? Considering that says in big BOLD letters: "For Off-road Use Only".

Fuck if I'm gonna spend $350 on something that's not DOT approved so a cop can pull me over and ticket me, or an asshole cop can make me tow my car or wait until daytime to drive it from wherever he pulls me over.
I think they are now DOT approved...
Old 12-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Banned

Straight from Autolamps-Online.com on the subject of D2R vs D2S for our cars:

Yes our Ultinon 6000K are Philips we don't sell any other than original Philips manufactured product and these are also used in the conversion kits.

If you have an OE HID system which uses D2R then this is what the headlamp is homologated for if you are going to convert to the 6000K a. they are not brighter and b. there is no difference between the light output of the D2R and D2S they are exactly the same. We have done various experimentation over the past year and for a retrofit application or OE application out side of Europe the D2R is not required.
The stripe on the lamps helps hide the salts which would appear as parasitic images in the light dark transition area of the European Assymetric dip pattern.

On a retrofit or DOT beam pattern you do not have this light dark
transition requirement and as such the D2S is just fine for any application.

Hope this answers your question and thanks for visiting Autolamps-online
Old 12-09-2001, 08:04 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What about this crap that the lights are bad for the eyes?