NY/NJ Body Shop Recommendation [I've been hit]

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 12:13 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
NY/NJ Body Shop Recommendation [I've been hit]

Well, it finally happened... I've been hit while parked down at a shopping center in Edgewater...

The way people park around here, I'd be surprised if they even noticed they hit my car. Here's a pic -

Whatever it was, was white. I originally thought it was just road salt. Closer inspection revealed some clearcoat/paint damage and a scratch that goes down to the plastic.

My guess is that it's just a repaint; surely under my deductible. Can anyone recommend a shop in the NYC/Northern NJ area that does good work and can get a good paint match?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry don't know one out there, But I did want to share my sympathy for you. Sorry, That really makes you feel pissed off yet helpless as well. Hope it doesn't take too much of your time or money. sorry again.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Use the place that Park Avenue Acura uses:

Mazzola's Auto Repair in Garfield
Old 01-29-2002, 02:01 PM
on bin laden

odds are you will need a new bumper cover. i watched somebody back into me a few months ago, he didnt even notice. i brought it in to the shop that my dealer uses, and the put a new bumper cover on ... no questions asked ... granted i wasn't paying, so your situation might be different...
Old 01-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Acura TL-S

Re: NY/NJ Body Shop Recommendation [I've been hit]

Originally posted by IntegraVT
Well, it finally happened... I've been hit while parked down at a shopping center in Edgewater...

The way people park around here, I'd be surprised if they even noticed they hit my car. Here's a pic -

Whatever it was, was white. I originally thought it was just road salt. Closer inspection revealed some clearcoat/paint damage and a scratch that goes down to the plastic.

My guess is that it's just a repaint; surely under my deductible. Can anyone recommend a shop in the NYC/Northern NJ area that does good work and can get a good paint match?

Thanks in advance...
there's a great shop in brooklyn on the corner of cropsey ave and neptune ave. called Lev's body shop, they do really amazing work, and most of their clients are mb, bmw and lexus... they did some work for me a while back with my buick (which felt like it was the cheapest car made next to the other cars there) but when it was done it looked amazing, highly recommend them.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for all the advice and input guys!

I'll keep the group updated with estimates and pics...
Old 01-30-2002, 12:09 PM

Watch Out for Mazzola

It might just be me but...... I took my car to park ave and they suggested Mazzolla in garfield. Overall they did a good job but while working on the car they scratched the hell out of the plastic door sill and the driverside tweeter cover. They replaced both pieces without any questions. The gas lid was sealed shut with packing material and paint overspray. They also didn't reinstall the trunk linker properly so I did it myself. Now months later I find out they didn't reinstall the third brake light properly. Thank God they put the friggin wheels back on correctly!! Mazzolla does good body work but they should give the car a better once over before they tell you it is finished.