Now this is what I call a MONSTER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 05:17 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now this is what I call a MONSTER!!!

This is what I call a beautiful dream......but maybe someday (after medical school):

[IMG]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...251&p=51040315 [/IMG]
[IMG]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...251&p=51040316 [/IMG]
[IMG]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...251&p=51040321 [/IMG]

------------------
01' CL Type-S, Silver, Navigation, Spoiler
4% tint on the backs and 34% on the fronts
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (2" Drop)
AEM Cold Air Intake
2 JL-Audio 10"xW3 and a MTX 6500D Monoblock Amp.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:28 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

You can lease a 5 series now for around $480/ month or so. But then again, would you give up the soundness of our rides? You have to make a choice, in the shop (BMW)or out on the open road (CL-s).
This is something I thought about anyway
when I got my car.

Nice pic though!

------------------
01 Satin Sliver CL-S
Rear Spoiler
Sim gray-wood trim kit
Mud Guards
Wheel locks
Moonroof vizor
AEM CAI 21-419 Red

[This message has been edited by xenon7 (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Instructor

yeah- $480/ month with maybe $5,000.00+ down. What are you going to get- a 5 series from 1995??

------------------
2001 CL Type S Silver
unloaded
1999 Corvette Convertible Sebring Silver
6 speed BPP 394+ HP package
Eclipse HU, AMP, Changer
Diamond HEX silk speakers
JL Audio Stealth with MTX THUNDER
Ripper with VooDoo shift knob
2001 BMW X5 Black
WeatherTech Mats
Old 06-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Instructor

5 series? That looks like an M5.

------------------
1998 2.3CL-P Bone Stock
Old 06-28-2001, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

xenon7:

You must be on crack. That car right there easily costs more than 3 times of you econobox CL-S. BMWs rarely ever have any major problems... certainly not blown trannies like I've seen so often here. I assure you the M5 is more solid and well-built than your honda will ever be. So why don't you stop fooling yourself and admit you bought the car for the value. Same reason some people shop at Wal-Mart.
Old 06-28-2001, 12:04 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Most recent pic of our showcar:

Old 06-28-2001, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Econobox? Not the way to win friends on this board pal.
Which Volkswagen do you own??
BMW, Audi and Acura all make great cars. Period.

Street, AWESOME!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AudiAce:
xenon7:

You must be on crack. That car right there easily costs more than 3 times of you econobox CL-S. BMWs rarely ever have any major problems... certainly not blown trannies like I've seen so often here. I assure you the M5 is more solid and well-built than your honda will ever be. So why don't you stop fooling yourself and admit you bought the car for the value. Same reason some people shop at Wal-Mart.
</font>

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Got some stuff
14.302 @98.69 Carlsbad Raceway 4/29/01
My Car
Old 06-28-2001, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

*(snip)*
BMWs rarely ever have any major problems... certainly not blown trannies like I've seen so often here.
</font>

You've seen blown transmissions here? You sure you weren't reading about an S4? I think you're also a little confused about the reliability. We have BMW owners on here who know their cars have more problems then ours do (maybe not their personal cars, but they know what's up). Look at any reliability ratings and it's not even close. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an M5 (as I'm sure most people here would), but right now it's not in the cards....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/juniorbean" TARGET=_blank>
For pictures of my car, click here</A>

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-28-2001, 12:13 PM
Banned

MORE PICS!

Old 06-28-2001, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Damn Ron... now my freaking keyboard keys are stuck...

Sweet rides. They're even nicer in person....

Old 06-28-2001, 12:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

xenon7:

</font>
Wow, a $70k M5 will be more solid than a $30k Acura!....thats good thinking. BMWs rarely have major problems? puff puff give....I have been there and done that (95 M3, 00 Mcoupe), great cars- but were NOT problem free.

My brothers A6 2.7T has been in the shop 3 times this year (not for oil changes).

My oldmans 00 S500 air cond broke, and couldn't be fixed for 2 weeks.

Point is, cars break- no matter how much they cost...

So step down off your high horse....these types of arguments are really old.

Beltfed
01 CL-S
00 Viper GTS

[This message has been edited by Beltfed (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 12:23 PM
Gotta Get an SUV :-(

Can't agree more. The M5 has always been my dream car. I hope I can get one in a few years.

------------------
Jake
2002 Aegean Blue Type S/Navi - On Order - Waiting
2000 S2000 #3369 - For sale soon

www.jakepratt.com
www.buymeabmw.com
Old 06-28-2001, 12:27 PM
Banned

LOL, you better wipe that sh*t up!

I know plenty of people who have had problems with their BMWs...fortunately, we haven't had any (yet). There are a few recalls on the later models and no matter how you look at it, cars, whether machine made or man made....they break!
Old 06-28-2001, 12:30 PM
Pro

That's a Hamman M5, I prefer a more stock look. I like the Nowack M5, called the N500 much better.

http://www.m5-n500.de/en/index.htm
Old 06-28-2001, 12:38 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juniorbean:

You've seen blown transmissions here? You sure you weren't reading about an S4? I think you're also a little confused about the reliability. We have BMW owners on here who know their cars have more problems then ours do (maybe not their personal cars, but they know what's up). Look at any reliability ratings and it's not even close. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an M5 (as I'm sure most people here would), but right now it's not in the cards....

</font>
Might want to look at the ratings. 3-series is 15th, CL is 99th, and the A4 is 43rd.

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005743.html
Old 06-28-2001, 12:40 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
xenon7:

</font>
econobox? dont be mad cuz we paid less for our cars and got more than you did. what kind of car do u drive? a jetta? too bad volkswagen has been rated as one of the worst qualities. and the a4/s4 is problem free too right? gimme a break dude.

Old 06-28-2001, 12:44 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StreetEffectz:

I know plenty of people who have had problems with their BMWs...fortunately, we haven't had any (yet). There are a few recalls on the later models and no matter how you look at it, cars, whether machine made or man made....they break!
</font>
I have been to a lot of car shows and seen a lot of custom work. I must say your work is by far the best I have ever seen. If I was ever in your area, you would definatley have all of my business. Keep up the good work!!

------------------
Looks like I am going to have to carjack my CL-S
Old 06-28-2001, 01:00 PM
Firestarter

xenon7:

</font>
whoa! hold your fire there, cowboy. It's a car we are talking about, not your momma.
Don't get your knickers in a twist, ok? Yes, any one of us with a reasonable amount of knowledge in cars knows that BMW costs 3x that of our "WalMart" CLS. But we thank you for reminding us of your expertise in 4-wheeled vehicular objects.
As for BMWs not having major problems? well for 70 grand, that thing better not have ANY problems, major or minor. Not like them $30,000 Hondas anyway.
But I leave all this car shit up the the scholars like yourself. I think I'll hop into my "value" CLS and drive down to WalMart and see what is on sale. I'll let you know if I run into a BMW owner there.

------------------
Silver CL-S
Old 06-28-2001, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by someguy:
Might want to look at the ratings. 3-series is 15th, CL is 99th, and the A4 is 43rd.

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005743.html
</font>
That's not reliability... that's customer satisfaction. Yes, it's indirectly related, but in a way it's not. I'm talking mechanical ratings, not what Mr. Jones feels about his BMW or Acura because it has a rattle and complained to the dealer or Acura. Granted the CL is a new model, so long term reliability isn't an issue yet, but historically Acura (Honda) is more reliable then BMW....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

Old 06-28-2001, 01:11 PM
Banned

NOOTCH: Thanks bro, I really appreciate that!
Old 06-28-2001, 01:18 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juniorbean:
That's not reliability... that's customer satisfaction. Yes, it's indirectly related, but in a way it's not. I'm talking mechanical ratings, not what Mr. Jones feels about his BMW or Acura because it has a rattle and complained to the dealer or Acura. Granted the CL is a new model, so long term reliability isn't an issue yet, but historically Acura (Honda) is more reliable then BMW....
</font>
That's not Customer satisfaction, it is initial quality, which is what we base our judgements of the E46 and CL on. I don't think that you have any evidence to say that Honda is more reliable than BMW. I have had experience with old BMWs, my father put 350K miles on one until he got rid of it. It was bullitproof. What is your evidence to say that Honda is so much more reliable? It seems to be just conjecture. Hondas are very reliable cars, but I also believe that BMWs are.

[This message has been edited by someguy (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 01:53 PM
Number 37

NOOTCH: Thanks bro, I really appreciate that! </font>
I still have wet dreams about that ps controller in the ashtray setup.

------------------
Looks like I am going to have to carjack my CL-S
Old 06-28-2001, 01:59 PM
Senior Moderator

My statement isn't based on any one fact, rather "history" and personal experience through myself and peers that have owned either of the 2 brands. Don't get me wrong, I love BMW's.... fact is if I wasn't getting married and buying a house next year, I'd be getting at least an M3. I think if you look at things, every car has it's problem, just like Beltfed said. They just seem to go in phazes, like now the S4s are being hit hard with issues and a lot of people say that VW and Audi's are high maintanance. My buddy has had his Jetta for months and hasn't had one problem. It doesn't matter to me personally, but in my experiences, people buy Honda for reliability and BMW b/c it's a BMW. One of the first things people say when they see my car is for sale is, "It's an Acura, it'll run forever, whoever buys that car will be happy". This is just the assumed and not the rule, but it seems to be most people's outlook....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0

Old 06-28-2001, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nootch:
Originally posted by StreetEffectz:
NOOTCH: Thanks bro, I really appreciate that! </font>
I still have wet dreams about that ps controller in the ashtray setup.
LOL... I tell EVERYONE about that setup!! That is soooo hot!! One day I will have that.....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0

Old 06-28-2001, 02:51 PM
nItIn

</font>
hey man! can you do that blue/black trim finish to the interior of MY CL!??! gawd that looks so space age fine !

------------------
I'm Back - Wiser, Stronger, and more experienced than ever! Thank you guys for your support!

2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-28-2001, 03:21 PM
Banned

Nabster: Hell yeah we can! We can do your CL up to be like no other!