Now member of dead battery club

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003 | 11:25 PM
Beware of leakage

Now member of dead battery club

Saturday was detailing the interior, when finished went to start her up and was a little hesitant at first to turn over, but finally did (been doing it since). Tonight I go to pick up some dinner and, walla, Nothing, just clicking and radio giving error code. Strange thing though, I accidentally hit the panic button on my remote and alarm worked and lights flashed. I will jump it off in the morning and take to dealership, just to make sure nothing wrong with alternator.
If just battery problem would probably be cheaper to go buy from sears right (I am still warrantied, 32k on car)??
Old 07-23-2003 | 09:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

It might be best just to go on to SEARS & let them test your battery & ALT. I just got a SEARS DieHard Gold battery put in my 2000 TL last week. I have had the car over 3 & a half years now.
I did not want to have a dead battery problem or go into another winter with the original OEM battery. The Diehard Gold has the 3yr full replacement warranty on it. I was not going to chance it & have the little problem I had with my 94 ACCORD. I purchased that car new & had it over 3yrs. One mourning I was out of town about 40miles away from home. I started the car up that morning & it started slower than normal. I drove the 40 miles back home & it was to early on a Sunday to go to SEARS to have it checked. I then went back out to get some gas the car started like normal.
I came back home put the car in the garage then said to myself I better go to SEARS. This was like 15mins later & the car made the tick tick noise. It did start after I tried a few times I went to SEARS. When I got there & parked it would not start again they had to put the new battery in & then take it into the shop & test.
Old 07-24-2003 | 05:52 PM
Beware of leakage

HAH, now for the really screwed up part. Took my car to Acura dealership because was worried about alternator possibly fucking up. They told me was dead battery and I let them change it out (stupid me). THEN they come to me, we can't find your radio code (bought certified preowned from Acura of Austin and I live in Shreveport, La) and said they called Acura in Austin and they do not have the code either and it's in the place under the hood where they were told to check, so they told me to come back one day when I had about 45 mins and they said the only other way of doing it was to pull the HU out and look on the back of it for the code. So I go back today, they accomplish this feat, NOW IM CHARGED $40 for something that I should have been given on my initial purchase because, damnit dead batteries are almost inevitible!!!!!... So I was told by service dept @ local dealership, to call where Austin where I bought the car and they may very well reimburse me for the charge to get the code and program my radio. GRRRR
Old 07-25-2003 | 10:02 AM
Cruisin'

Thats kinda funny Monday morning I went to start my car and click, click, click no start I had to get my neighbor to jump start my car. Went to Ferman Acura and had to pay $65.00 because it was prorated. The funny part is that my car feels a little quicker with the new battery if that is at all possible.
Old 07-25-2003 | 10:48 AM
Coming to a city near you

My battery died early, started having problems at 40k. And I got it prorated from acura as well.
Old 07-25-2003 | 11:53 AM
whrindnyoubegn

Originally posted by tampacls
. The funny part is that my car feels a little quicker with the new battery if that is at all possible.
No, it's not possible.
Old 07-25-2003 | 12:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by tampacls
Went to Ferman Acura and had to pay $65.00 because it was prorated.
I don’t know why you guys are going to the dealer for this.
Even if the warranty pays for part of it you’re still getting a battery that will die early.

Go to SEARS and get an 8-Year Die-Hard for 75-bucks.

Shawn S
Old 07-26-2003 | 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Chopper, you have the radio on while detailing or something?
Old 07-28-2003 | 03:59 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by KCPreki11
Chopper, you have the radio on while detailing or something?
I did for a little while, but not long enough to completely drain the damn thing, hah.
Yep Acura pro- rated = rape...