Not Race Story, but comment on them.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002 | 04:41 PM
9th Gear

Not Race Story, but comment on them.

Alright guys, I have a few things to say here, whether you agree or not is your decision. O and the name is just made because my boy got a cl and it pissed me off, they are damn nice though. Anyway, I have been reading for nearly 2 hours the war stories in this forum, and I have to say, the majority are bullshit. People talking about m3's and m5's and even coming close to even thinking about having a chance is ridiculous. My mom drives the lowly 323i, only 190 horse or so, but let me tell you something about german horse, I hang with V8 mustangs and camaros all the time, the gearing, transmission, clutch, and engine all work together beautifully on BMW's, and so you people talking about beating a 330 HP german beast or the M5 (dont know exact numbers) is utterly ridiculous. Ive raced CLs in my eclipse, Ive lost, and Ive won, Type S doesnt kill me by much, and other than that I can generally spank. I am non turbo. The acura Cl is a beautiful car, and it may have potential, but nearly every forum i have been to has had links to your racing stories laughing, and laughing more, give it up. You have a honda, a nice honda yes, but a honda nontheless, stick to the stories about killing v6 stangs, not ones of killing s2000s and nearly ANY bmw unless you are modded decently. Thats all I have to say.
Old 08-25-2002 | 05:01 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Are you high??? What year Eclipse do you have? I have raped the newest style Eclipse from a stop and a roll....the bottom line is they are SLOW. I can't believe you have the nerve to come in here with a girl car and talk shit. Sorry but since you don't have the older turbo model I have no respect for you. Face it man you got fucked when you bought that SLOW ass car. If anyone needs to stick to racing V6 Stangs it should be you...but wait you would probably lose. The next time I see an Eclispe I will rape it just for you....have a nice day buddy. :sqntfawk:
Old 08-25-2002 | 05:05 PM
Instructor

yea man you drive a chick car. dont hate on our six speed CLs . you know you wish you had our cars. you cant deny the potential our cars have. buhbye. the end.

------------------
comptech sport headers
Old 08-25-2002 | 05:07 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Oh and as far as your comment about a BMW 323 hanging with a V8 Mustang that is complete BULLSHIT. A BMW 323 is a slow overpriced POS and doesn't have 190 hp so get your facts right jackass!!!
Old 08-25-2002 | 05:13 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I thought I was the only one that thought the Eclipse was a chick car. He said that Chicks "Dig" the Eclipse more in the other forum. Obviously Chicks "dig" chick cars.
Old 08-25-2002 | 06:00 PM
VP of wtncarclub.com

WTF are you talkin about????????????????? You gotta be kiddin right.???? MY boy has a 2001 Eclipse GT(V6) 5spd with an AEM intake and a Ractive Exhaust. He and I race all the phuckin time and it's neck and neck everytime, from a start, from a roll, from 80mph++ its dead even and yes he does know how to drive his shiet. I only have a 3.0 and I get these results. You're talkin about racin a 3.2 Type S and not losin by much?????? And as far as a the 323i goes..... I have beat two of those. Never at a start but from a roll(30mph) and from 65mph++......Result.........I WIN. I really dunno what you're talkin about. Maybe you've just been racin people who don't know how to phuckin drive or don't even know you wanna race.
Old 08-25-2002 | 07:20 PM
9th Gear

Its the older style, 97. I said that I get beat by the car. I said its a nice ass car. The bmw does hang with pre-99 v8s easily as hell and many times beats them, and keeps right on up with the new ones from 40 up. The stats on it are 180 not 190 Im sorry about that. I didnt mean to come on here to flame the cars, because as I have stated, they are nice ass cars, but many of the owners seem to believe they have vette killers and M series killers, when that is bullshit. I drive a second gen eclipse, not the new ones, the new ones are slow,and in regards to being a chick car, everyone has their own opinion of the 2nd gen, but call it slow, no. The cars, in their stock form, are very slow, but keep in mind I didnt buy it to be stock. This forum is yet another testiment to the type of drivers that buy this car, a little defensive dont you think. Lastly, Im sorry if you took my post as being offensive against your cars, I would rather have one than my car. It was meant to flame the posts i have read about taking out lightnings, v8 stangs and trans ams, and M series BMW's, it was not meant to offend anyone
Old 08-25-2002 | 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Not Race Story, but comment on them.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EclipseKILLS CL
Alright guys, I have a few things to say here, whether you agree or not is your decision. O and the name is just made because my boy got a cl and it pissed me off, they are damn nice though. Anyway, I have been reading for nearly 2 hours the war stories in this forum, and I have to say, the majority are bullshit.

Nah, most of them are true the CLS is a quick car and does take out the majority of cars in it's class and under. Although I agree some of the stories are pretty crazy and outlandish.

People talking about m3's and m5's and even coming close to even thinking about having a chance is ridiculous.

I agree wholeheartedly. Unless your spraying your not keeping up.

My mom drives the lowly 323i, only 190 horse or so, but let me tell you something about german horse, I hang with V8 mustangs and camaros all the time, the gearing, transmission, clutch, and engine all work together beautifully on BMW's, and so you people talking about beating a 330 HP german beast or the M5 (dont know exact numbers) is utterly ridiculous.

The 323i sucks, your numbers and assumptions are off, and no offense and it's not fast by any stretch. If you want a fast BMW mod the shit out of a 330 or get a 540 or M series car.

Ive raced CLs in my eclipse, Ive lost, and Ive won, Type S doesnt kill me by much, and other than that I can generally spank. I am non turbo.

If you won they were not trying your car is not fast enough without mods to get ahead of it.

The acura Cl is a beautiful car, and it may have potential, but nearly every forum i have been to has had links to your racing stories laughing, and laughing more, give it up.

And we link to other forums and laugh just as hard. This shit happens everywhere.

You have a honda, a nice honda yes, but a honda nontheless, stick to the stories about killing v6 stangs, not ones of killing s2000s and nearly ANY bmw unless you are modded decently. Thats all I have to say.

You have a mitsubishi, a Mitsubishi Eclipse that I laughed at when it came out. I used to own a GSX AWD Turbo eclipse, the last of it's kind when mitsubishi cared less about yuppies liking their cars and more about making fast cars. I used to run low 12's easily with some good boost and some decent weather. Your car is soft, sad, and slow and honestly it IS a chick's car. I hope you run out and grab a WRX or something that keeps up with your mouth which seems to run as fast as a ferrari.
Old 08-25-2002 | 08:53 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by EclipseKILLS CL
Anyway, I have been reading for nearly 2 hours the war stories in this forum, and I have to say, the majority are bullshit.
Yes, you've found us out - this is actually a creative writing forum stuck in the middle of an automotive website. Did you at least like our stories or were the words with more than four letters too hard for you to read?

Btw, you know that commercial with the Eclipse with Dirty Vegas' track bumpin? The one with the nasty chick pop-lockin' in the passenger seat? Well, take a look at the driver - I like how they represent the average Eclipse driver as a drooling, retarded drug addict.

My mom drives the lowly 323i, only 190 horse or so, but let me tell you something about german horse, I hang with V8 mustangs and camaros all the time
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, maybe I should break that up into four-letter laughs for you. Jeez, now I know what the Mustang guys were laughing at with CL drivers.
Old 08-25-2002 | 10:23 PM
I hate the Mets

Someone should let the mustang guys get a laugh at this and link this over to them... >;]
Old 08-25-2002 | 10:27 PM
///M POWER

stfu, bring your fuckin 323 over here so i can whoop your ass. The only 3 series that can beat me has an M badge on it.
Old 08-25-2002 | 11:41 PM
9th Gear

You guys, i gotta say, you have made my day fun. I havent been able to leave cuz too much homework to do and studying, but this has amused me, thanks. Most of the shit I was just tryin to see the responses, and I think I messed somethin up, the only CLs ive beat are the older ones 97 and stuff, I looked it up, i didnt realize that all the newer ones were the 3.2, and I guess the 323 we own is a factory freak or something, becauseyes, it does hang with stangs. You guys get very very angry, but sorry bout it all
Old 08-26-2002 | 08:18 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Damn where was I. HAHAHAHHAHA Oh $hit we got a eclipse driver talking $hit. Man oh man, I raced you guys so many times. My cousin is even on the neweclipse.org board. He can verify that an eclipse CAN NOT HANG WITH A CLS. I have wiped the floor with his car countless of times and he is a very quick shifter. I guarantee you CAN NOT drive like he does and I always hand him his ass. Please don't tell me you have 4gbanger! Let me break it down to you. GTS 02 eclipse - NO CONTEST even with the measily 5-10hp increase. The GT 5spd, still no match and thats slower than the 03 GTS. 95-99 GST GXT, still cannot hang on top speed. Spool the turbo, and they are quick as phuck off the line, but still top end we still get you. My cousin had a 96 GXT before he moved into the 01 GT. STILL NO CONTEST. You better have an early ninetys with upgraded turbo, pulleys, intake and exhaust with headers. Or you shouldn't even be on this board talking trash. Look at my kill stories with the eclipses. :P
Old 08-26-2002 | 09:36 AM
9th Gear

Damn I sure do have the four banger. And uhh you fucking moron, explain to me how something that needs time to spool, usually until atleast 4.5k when upgraded helps you get off the mother fucking line. You are a smart guy dude. Turbo is high and top end, not bottom. Before you TRY to flame dude, get ur facts straight, and a gst will tear the new eclipses a fucking new asshole, 6 banger or not. I have a 2nd gen not 3rd. You take it, put on ugraded piping, and chip the bitch out, and it will destroy your little fucking hondas dude. Again, a perfect testament to the FUCKING MORONS that drive cls, a turbo helps you off the line (in his words), nice idiot.
Old 08-26-2002 | 09:55 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Damn I sure do have the four banger. And uhh you fucking moron, explain to me how something that needs time to spool, usually until atleast 4.5k when upgraded helps you get off the mother fucking line. You are a smart guy dude. Turbo is high and top end, not bottom. Before you TRY to flame dude, get ur facts straight, and a gst will tear the new eclipses a fucking new asshole, 6 banger or not. I have a 2nd gen not 3rd. You take it, put on ugraded piping, and chip the bitch out, and it will destroy your little fucking hondas dude. Again, a perfect testament to the FUCKING MORONS that drive cls, a turbo helps you off the line (in his words), nice idiot.
In two words ....PHUCK UP MORON. WHOA my big bad eclipse is all mighty. WHATEVER. Didn't I just tell you I used to hand my cousin's GXT his ass. PHUCK UP and let me not school YOUR ASS. Go to the eclipse board and look 4 dustnUrASS and he will nicely tell you to SHUT THE PHUCK UP. Before you name call know your shit about a cls. I was nice to you (alittle) then you flame. I am giving you facts, and UNTIL YOU REALLY RACE A CLS, the same statement above applies here... PHUCK UP TROLL! MY TOPEND ECLIPSE Why do you think that phucking car (95-99) turbos have faster 0-60 times than the new ones but are equal on quarte mile???? ANSWER THE QUESTION DUMBASS since your turbo is so high and mighty at top end.
Old 08-26-2002 | 10:08 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

NOW I am going to be nice to you. I never bashed the eclipse or called it a girl car. My cousin's is fairly nice and I drive it sometimes when he needs to use my car for more room. Now, for the people on the board racing m3s and m5s and vettes, go pull their name up in PM and write them a litte note that you are not satisfied with their bullshit stories. Most people have legitimate conversations until trolls enter the forums and start trash talking. That's like me going to the eclipse board talking shit on you guys BS stories. Come to the forums and you first story is talking shit, then we flame you. I KNOW MY SHIT and my car and probably alittle more than you about your car. My cousin has had two eclipses and has worked on them for awhile. I helped him install and uninstall equipments and modds. So, if you just bought your 97 GXT or GST maybe you got a RS or GS don't go there about me not knowing $hit. Oh and welcome to the forums :P
Old 08-26-2002 | 10:14 AM
9th Gear

I didnt start this fucking post as a rip on the cars, if you read the original i said one statement joking to one of my friends who was goign to read it about it being a honda, which well it is. But i also repeatedly stated they were nice cars, then i wrote two posts apologizing for starting what started. My original post was simply complaining about the people claiming to kill Ms.. And i stated several times that i would get my ass handed to me by a cls, I said the older CL 2.2s i could destroy, I never said anything bout the cls, other than that they dont kil me that bad. Again, I wasnt trying to start anything here, but then people starting talkign shit not knowin what they are talkin about.
Old 08-26-2002 | 10:15 AM
9th Gear

O yea, and thanks for the welcome One more thing tho, about the turbo. 2nd Gens are notorious for their wheel hop, if the gst starts from a light roll, it is great, dead stop, it is tough cuz those wheels just jump and jump, pain in the ass lemme tell ya. And about it being the high end, the stock turbo runs out of breathe around upper rpm, put a s16 in its place, and that biatch pulls and pulls, I wasnt talking stock, but thanks for lightenin up dude, I wasnt tryin to start fights
Old 08-26-2002 | 11:01 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

O yea, and thanks for the welcome One more thing tho, about the turbo. 2nd Gens are notorious for their wheel hop, if the gst starts from a light roll, it is great, dead stop, it is tough cuz those wheels just jump and jump, pain in the ass lemme tell ya. And about it being the high end, the stock turbo runs out of breathe around upper rpm, put a s16 in its place, and that biatch pulls and pulls, I wasnt talking stock, but thanks for lightenin up dude, I wasnt tryin to start fights
But see thats what i was talking about. I must have said it wrong. Most people who have turbos, to get the turbo running you need to move from a roll. Even so, my cousin got his ass handed to him in top end. That's all i was saying that the top end pretty much dies. I know the eclipses are fast b/c after upgrading the turbos and a chip they are DAMN fast. I personally have not raced a chipped and upgraded turbo eclipse. I seen them at the tracks running high 13s. If i were to get one it would be your year with the wing and fake bbs rims GXT package. Also everything is cool! I respect other cars and members and I frequent other boards myself (maxima.org hehe) but, it's only when we misunderstand people is when we act like uptight bitches!
Old 08-26-2002 | 11:27 AM
Midnight Marauder

What I don't understand is that people are always talking about their heavily modified car "X" being able to spank a stock car "Y"...

Sure, you have a turbo car, get a new turbo, serious electronic upgrades fuel, etc.... you can beat a stock CL. Hmmm.
Or how about taking your 2500 lb car and beating a 3100 lb car, hmmm... power to weight ratio... lighter wins every time.

If I had the cash I could certainly make my 1st gen CL beat your car. If I DIDN'T want plush-luxury, quiet ride and lots of room with a classy looking ride that is liked by more than just the "ricers" then I could certainly do the necessary work.

I like all types of cars, I like performance, I appreciate classy luxury. To each his own.

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:41 PM
Retired. Not available.

330 is a beast? LOL ... stock vs. stock, auto vs. auto. I killed one with at least 1.5 car length. Not on street, at Houston Raceway Park. Check your info before you post.

EDIT: Oh yeah. It was my first time at a track, second run and it was not even my best time for the day. I think it was a low 15s run.
Old 08-26-2002 | 03:33 PM
9th Gear

You dont listen, the M3 is a beast, it has around 330 horse, that is what i said, also, I didnt begin with teh modded this car beated modded that car, because its all up to the mods obviously, people can make a damn civic with d series engine into a vette killer. The entire post began with a person with only suspension work, claiming to keep up with an M5, sorry that everything was misunderstood... and otehr guy i was talking about the turbo to, I liek that board too, the new maximas are awesome.
Old 08-27-2002 | 09:49 AM
Cruisin'

My mom drives the lowly 323i, only 190 horse or so, but let me tell you something about german horse, I hang with V8 mustangs and camaros all the time,
hahahaha
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:05 AM
JOE
Instructor

You dug yourself a hole eclipsekillscl!!

eclipsekillscl,

Stop, you are digging yourself a deeper hole everytime you post! What did you expect?? You come in a CL forum and state that you're not flaming but you are because you say that the CL is nothing more that a glorified Honda??? Wait, a BMW 323i or an Eclipse of any year is something to brag about??? Yeah, some of the stories on here about killing M3's or M5's are ridiculous but that's the fun of it.. Just a piece of advice, don't come in here and state what is said to be BS and then start BSing yourself..
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:10 AM
Banned

bottom line is that this guy is a douche bag....sure some of the kill stories around here are debatable at best, but what forum doesnt have bullshit kill stories??? and just the way he came over here shooting his mouth, what a douche.....and i wont even begin to comment on the fact that hes rolling in a 4 banger old school eclipse...whatever....grow up, get a real car, and speak in a mature tone, then people may show you some respect.
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:15 AM
Cruisin'

i roll in a four banger
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:15 AM
Racer

<- was meant for jim's post not the 4 banger comment
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:18 AM
Banned

well blie, youve got a much more respectable 4 banger.....this guy is just a joke....this is like having a CL-S and going to the ferrari forum and talking shit.....its just gay and wrong.....
Old 08-27-2002 | 11:51 AM
Suzuka Master

And about it being the high end, the stock turbo runs out of breathe around upper rpm, put a s16 in its place, and that biatch pulls and pulls,
Yes, the T25 does run out at the top end, but don't you mean a 16G swap?? There is no Garrett or Mitsu turbo with a 16s designation!!! There is a Mitsu 16G turbo which is a popular turbo for modded DSMs.
Old 08-27-2002 | 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

hehe i know, it was just a joke
Old 08-27-2002 | 04:45 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

i've been on the forum since february and i have NEVER seen anybody claiming to "kill" a M3 or M5. NEVER. i think he keeps referring to Soopa's story about a "M5" that was infact a stock 525i with M5 badging. he also said that he could tell it wasnt a M5 because it didnt even have the body kit. this guy seems like an asshole, maybe he should read the whole posts himself.

sure there is some major bullshit on this forum, for example......
a 323i keeping up with camaro's and mustang gt's

but i would love for him to put up some links to threads that he is complaining about. IF there is a thread out there somewhere that is total bullshit im sure somewhere in it someone raises the bullshit flag. we're NOT as stupid or arrogant as he may think, we know our role, so maybe he should learn his.
Old 08-28-2002 | 12:28 AM
9th Gear

You guys are mother fucking punks man, Im sorry. I stated repeatedly I respect the cars, Goto some posts from about five days ago a guy killed a lightning and an m5. God fucking damn you guys are morons alright, I make one post and immediately you start jumping to mother fucking insults like little pussy bitches that all honda drivers are. Ill take my car and run it against most of your little pussy shit cars and take em. I said OLDER MOTHER FUCKING MUSTANG ITALIAN FUCKING STALION, they are what horse, like 200 or something, guess what man, the Bimmer is extremely close to that and has german engineering behind it, not american, which are notoriously overrated. So all I got to say is fuck off and suck my cock, I tried bitches, but you guys are so defensive about ur pussy shit cars that are way overpriced for the hondas that they are, that you cant chill out and leave it at that. Pathetic
Old 08-28-2002 | 12:45 AM
Instructor

you guys are so defensive about ur pussy shit cars that are way overpriced for the hondas
I'd rather drive honda than a POS mitsu
Old 08-28-2002 | 02:24 AM
Instructor

Overpriced? That is one thing i have to speak on...there has been numerous magazine articles written up as our cars and the TLS's being the best bang for the buck..Sure riding in a 330 or somethin would be nice..not much faster at all..but yea it is a Bimmer...BUT FOR 10 K more..and we can still hang with them? I really dont think our cars are overpriced...
Old 08-28-2002 | 05:43 AM
Safety Car

You guys are mother fucking punks man, Im sorry. I stated repeatedly I respect the cars, Goto some posts from about five days ago a guy killed a lightning and an m5. God fucking damn you guys are morons alright, I make one post and immediately you start jumping to mother fucking insults like little pussy bitches that all honda drivers are. Ill take my car and run it against most of your little pussy shit cars and take em. I said OLDER MOTHER FUCKING MUSTANG ITALIAN FUCKING STALION, they are what horse, like 200 or something, guess what man, the Bimmer is extremely close to that and has german engineering behind it, not american, which are notoriously overrated. So all I got to say is fuck off and suck my cock, I tried bitches, but you guys are so defensive about ur pussy shit cars that are way overpriced for the hondas that they are, that you cant chill out and leave it at that. Pathetic
If you read the whole tread, everyone else jumped on him too!
no need to say what has already been said!
Old 08-28-2002 | 08:27 AM
Banned

again, simply put, this guy is a total douche bag.....my godddd what a douche bag
Old 08-28-2002 | 08:29 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by clean cl-s
Overpriced? That is one thing i have to speak on...there has been numerous magazine articles written up as our cars and the TLS's being the best bang for the buck..Sure riding in a 330 or somethin would be nice..not much faster at all..but yea it is a Bimmer...BUT FOR 10 K more..and we can still hang with them? I really dont think our cars are overpriced...
actually the wrx is the best bang for your buck right now ....
Old 08-28-2002 | 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

ok.. this topic serves no purpose....

CLOSED.