Not happy w/ Acura Pleasanton anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not happy w/ Acura Pleasanton anymore...

Made an appointment last week to have my warped rotors replaced. Told the girl that the rotors were resurfaced and pads replaced around 12K when they put in a new tranny. So I bring the car in this past Saturday and I spend about 10 mins waiting. Told her I will just wait for them to take it for a test drive and give me the news. I wait in the lounge area and she comes back 2 mins later after putting the paper mats in my car that they will not replace the rotors and pads under warranty because they were already done once!? I was silent after she told me it would be around $500+ for everything. I said no thanks and left. What a waste of fucking time, I already told you that when I called you schmuck! As I recall, the one time they resurfaced my rotors, it was a "goodwill" gesture and not fixed under warranty. So shouldn't I be entitled to a replacement of these crappy ass rotors? I'm not one to complain so I kinda just gave them (dealer) the benefit of the doubt to replace my rotors. I have always brought my car to them for servicing but not anymore. The only thing that really ticks me is how dealers, advisors..etc make it look like you (the customer) doesn't know anything about cars!?!? The girl even had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to do my 45K service, I was like yea sure let me bend over for you real quick. I think the advisors are all new cuz I don't know any of them. Seems like i'm just collecting a new business card every visit. Anyway...just had to vent. If anyone has some rotors for sale, pm me.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:27 AM
GEB
Racer

Why don't you try another Acura Dealer. In some cases, you'll get better results from another dealer. I had a problem with my Jeep's brakes at 12K or so. The dealer by my where I work told me that I must have hit something that wraped the backing plate of the brakes thus causing the whole thing to twist when I applied my e-brake at about 5 MPH (drum brakes ... I was showing my niece how to drive a stick when the car started to roll ... I reached down and pulled the parking brake to stop it).

Anyway, the second dealer realized that it was a factory warranty issue and fixed it without a problem. It's amazing how these guys can make you feel like it's your fault that something goes wrong. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:57 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

yes dealers are great at trying to how do you say it... "PASS THE BUCK?"
yeah thats it...
This problem is also compounded by the fact that acura is a bitch hoe of a company and doesn't want to own up to anything...

When I took my car to get serviced me and one of the techs went on a test drive. He decelerated from around 60-20 and said this, "It feels like a spaceship re-entering orbit!!!!"

Call your acura dealer back up an ask to speak to the general manager or the shop manager. Tell them you had a problem a while back when they replaced your rotors and they never fixed it correctly. (that you have been just dealing with the steering wheel shake while braking for several thousand miles.)

If they try and be cunts, tell them that getting this fixed may sway you to get a new TL/RL in the coming months.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:22 AM
JARVASPEED

dealer work

Well, I was recently an assistant manager at a Goodyear Gemini franchise. This franchise (3 shops known as Stevenson Tire and Service) is family owned and have been owned by the same people since day one. Although our mechanics aren't specifically trained for specific cars, they are really good mechanics. If you're saying Pleasanton Ca., my old work is in Fremont Ca. There are plenty of Goodyear Gemini's all over the place. These people aren't comission hungy. If you want to give them a try let me know so we can set something up. But I am currently in So. Cal. for the time being. Oh yeah and when it comes to higher end models like the CL they use oem parts.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:26 AM

Mine were replaced not once, not twice, but 3 TIMES! ALL UNDER WARRANTY.

BE a complete asshole, that's the only way to get their attention.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Fight On SC!

go to oakland acura and ask for darrell chan
Old 02-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And they say that Acura dealers are 2nd to none .. that's CRAP ... there ain't no way I'll reward Acura with another vehicle purchase for crappy service ..
Old 02-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

yeah, replacing the rotor issue at the acura of pleaanton issue has been my only thorn there. Besides that they have taken care of me pretty good. Hopefully this will continue...best of luck to you man if you go to another dealer.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:42 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As I understand it, rotors are not covered any where in the warranty - period!!!. The fact that they resurfaced your rotor once as a good will gesture doesn't mean that your rotors will magically get covered.

I don't understand how you guys warp you rotors in so few miles. I've had an '01 CLS and put 30k on it. Never had a problem with rotors. I now have 16k on my '03 CLS 6sp and no wrapped rotors yet. I do occasional hard braking, but always let my brakes cool down before parking car. NOTE: I never put the parking braking on until the brakes have cooled down. This is a common cause for wrap rear rotors.

Please note: I've heard many people complain about wrapped Brembo rotors too. Bad braking habits and not letting your brakes cool down after hard braking will let to wrapped rotors, no matter what type are installed.

I personally have had excellent service and coverage from Acura of Pleasanton. I don't think Acura should be accountable for bad braking habits.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:07 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Yea, I see your point but how many of us on this board have had issues w/ warped rotors? Many many many...the fact that they did resurface them to me means they were known to the fact that the rotors suck and wanted to make themselves look good by saying it was a goodwill gesture. I forgot to mention before that when I brought my car in to replace the tranny, i never told them to do my brakes, they just did them w/o my knowng or consent. At the time I thought oh cool, they're hooking me up, but in reality it was just to make themselves look good. I may try another dealership, if not i'll just go to a local shop. Oh and the issue w/ cooling your brakes down, do we really need to do that? I mean it makes it seem like our cars are so fragile that we have to go that route by letting the brakes cool down or else theyll warp?? Sounds rediculous. I for one don't brake hard and I'm sure there are people on here that don't beat on their rides. My work is only 10 mins away, i don't think i warped my rotors by driving normally everyday. I have a 96 paseo w/ 85K and I have yet to replace or resurface the rotrs...but that's besides the point. I've heard a few guys on here w/ warped Rotora's and brembo too, but imo they prob drive harder than the ones w/ just oem's?

superdds, i will give them a try, is he a friend or someone that hooks you up?

thanks all for the input!