NOS tomorrow.... any suggesstion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 07:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS tomorrow.... any suggesstion?

Well, after a long while of research, and after I have been using NOS for over 2 years in my 200SX, I decided to go get NOS my CLP again until the supercharger comes out.....

I am gonna get the NX Express 50/75shot, still thinking... But this is wat I am concerning.... Before I used to have 5spd in my SER, and with 50shot, it ran 13.6 no problem, but the thing is, that car weight only 2400lbs, thats why the time is fast....

Now, the CLP is automatic, and it's about 3500lbs, almost 1000lbs heavier... so I wonder how much faster will it be? Will be break 14s? Cuz now, i have CAI, Pulleys, and those Denso plugs, and I ran a 14.8 on a cold night with 51degree with 10% humidity, and 15.3 on a 100degree with 100 humidity night.... So with 50 or 75 shot, wat time should i expect?

Secondly, the main concern is, how well the tranny will hold up? Will it be fucked up or something? Cuz there seems to be many problems with our tranny, someone dun even race them much, and have problems with them..... But also, several guys in TL.com, they have 75shot, and now their cars are 70K+ miles on them, and still running strong... Wat yall think??? Thanks alot, cuz I want to hear the final decision before I go and get the NOS tomorrow! THanks alot!
Old 08-14-2001, 07:11 PM
Intermediate

First of all, please don't take this personally.

I really don't understand people like you who buy a wrong car for wrong purpose. Acura CL is a heavy, front-wheel drive and semi-luxury cruiser. It's not meant to be used for the drag racing! It's like a wearing a dress shoes to the track. Maybe you should got a different car instead.

Using a NOX? You can officially say goodbye to your warranty and say hello to whole load of new troubles including the possible engine blow up.....
Old 08-14-2001, 07:29 PM
Honkey

I'd say go for it. Just make sure you're installing a wet setup. If it's been proven reliable on the TL, then it should work well you your CL-P. I've played around with the idea of adding NOS as well. Also, if you have an aftermarket intake, that's the only thing you'll have to tap into. If your tranny starts to fade, or some other problems arise, just pull out the nitrous, put in your factory intake, and take it in for warranty. Chances are they'll never know the car had NOS. I'm glad to see there's someone on here who isn't afraid to experiment. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:31 PM
Racer

Well the reason people have problems and blew up their motors is BECUASE THEY DUNNO WAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!!!

I have been using NOS for 2 years in a little 2.0, use everyday, one bottle everyweek.... and my car was 70,000 miles, and NOS since 15,000.... no problems, no nothing AT ALL!!! People put too large of a jet into motor, and THINK the motor can handle it... Nope, its not a toy, you have to know wat u doing.... Well, warranties issue..... hmm, yea this is also a big problem too, but is it possible to take it out before going into service! But I totally understand wat you trying to say tho!

Now when you talk about wrong car for wrong use, well, thats another issue, cuz people think differently... If you want cruising around, why not buy a Deville STS, or TL? Why you buy a 260hps TypeS? cuz you like the power and you like to race too.... I do not believe you never race your car at all, cuz if you really wanna cruise, you will get something else, cuz CL is NOT a cruiser! And don't tell me, "Oh, i like the style", well, if you do, why not CL-P? cuz of the rims? Come on!

Don't take me wrong, i dun take this personal, thanks for the advise anyway, cuz the warranties is one of the reason that hold me back to get the NOS, thats why i asked wat do yall think.... So thanks alot... I sure will consider about the warranties thing!