Northern Virginia Acura Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 04:52 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Northern Virginia Acura Dealers?

Hey all...
I've noticed after doing some searches a lot of ppl here are from NoVa... I'll be buying a CL-S in a few weeks...
Any Acura dealers in the area that you'd recommend or recommend avoiding? Taking into consideration selling practices, vehicle service quality/honesty, etc...

Thanks in advance...

PS- visited Radley in Woodbridge, bad customer service. Visited Radley in Columbia Pike, great service. Go figure.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:39 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Check out Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. That's where I bought my car from and I always take my car to them for service. I've never had a problem with them.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been to both Radleys and Pohanka. Bought my Legend from Pohanka and my TLS from Woodbridge. Both places were great initially - then the customer service started to suffer when closing, then they just sucked.
It seems like customer service is hit or miss these days. For every person that had a good experience, you'll find 10 who had bad experiences, and vice-versa. Unfortunately, dealers are dealers. Wish I could've been more insightful.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
I recommend going to Pohonka. Bought mine from Radley in Falls Church...horrible mistake!
Old 02-21-2002, 07:57 AM
Mr. PC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine at Pohanka and had no problems with customer service. They are nothing special but are certainly better than Radley in Woodbridge. So far they're cool about mods too.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:07 AM

I say call up a guy named Ian Valienes at Riddle Acura down in Cheaspeake.

I guarantee you that he will give you the best deal. Dealerships in this area can demand more, because people will pay more.

Pohanka wouldn't come to the price I wanted to pay, neither would Radley.

Pohanka also tried to CHARGE me for the rotors and brakes, and they knew damn well they were covered.

Radley has sloppy service, although they do hand wash, as opposed to running it thru some shitty machine like Pohanka.

Seriously, I'd say avoid Pohanka. They don't give a fuck about taking care of you. They just want you in and out as quickly as possible.

At Riddle Acura, they gave me the price I wanted, and went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure that I was happy, and stay happy.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:10 AM
A-CL Sophomore

Got my 01 CL-S from Pohanka as well.

I also do my maintenance there and have had no real problems or issues.

About 300 miles into the car a horrible rattle started coming from the passenger side overhead.

They took the car back no problem, worked on it for a few days, (I got a newer Integra loaner, not a CL-S but not a Chevy either ) and found a loose wire harness.

I have had nothing but good service from them. Had they not been able to locate the rattle, they were going to replace the car.

Now that the six speeds are out........hmmm I think I that rattle is back again

:o

Anyway, Pohanka is what I have come to expect for an Acura dealer, and thats pretty good given the rather horrible customer service in the DC/Metro area.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:53 AM
Cruisin'

I've had good service from Radley ....

.... over a long period. But I never had a "nagging" or hard-to-solve type problem w/ my Integra, so perhaps I haven't really ever put them to the test as far as service goes.

Good about about honoring repair warrenties, too.

Didn't buy from them, though - so I don't know about how they are to deal with at that level.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:37 AM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought mine at radley in falls church...they suck ass....if u wanna be lied to to and cheated then go there....sales guy lied to me about the free navi dvd upgrades...i had to bitch to the sales mgr to get 1 dvd, when i was promised 2....sales guy had the nerve to act like he didnt know me.....

plus their service is the worst i have ever dealt with....i swear they hire a bunch of highschool drop outs to work there...and the service mgrs think they are the shit, but they dont know jack shit about our cars.....they scratched my car up when i brought it in for service and had the nerve to blame it on me....plus getting a loaner car from them is a hassle, u have better chances winning the lottery...plsu i always get over charged for service...its just a big pain in the ass dealing with them....

i can give u more detailed examples of why i hate radley but it would take too long....

i hope someone from radley is readin this board, take some notes from park ave acura...get ur act together...i will never buy from them again...neither will my friends.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Pohanka for me.

Hey I better see you all at the next nova meet!
Old 02-21-2002, 12:11 PM
pumpkin escobar

joe kim, whaddup dude...when is the next nova meet? let me know...i will be there
Old 02-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Go to Radley Acura in Falls Church. Their service department and parts department are off the hook. They also have a great staff. There is a guy there name Roney Kim in the new cars dept, that is very helpful. If you wait a bit, the 03 6spd cls will be there anytime now i have my name on the list for test drive when it comes in.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:38 PM
pumpkin escobar

Originally posted by ThoroDredCLS
Go to Radley Acura in Falls Church. Their service department and parts department are off the hook. They also have a great staff. There is a guy there name Roney Kim in the new cars dept, that is very helpful. If you wait a bit, the 03 6spd cls will be there anytime now i have my name on the list for test drive when it comes in.

who do you deal w/at radley's service dept? harold? melvin?..harold is cool...but my experience with their service has been awful
Old 02-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by minla007

who do you deal w/at radley's service dept? harold? melvin?..harold is cool...but my experience with their service has been awful
hey minla007 - I usually go after hours (5:30- 6:00pm) the late shift crew is who i deal with. The guy's name is daurwin vasquez the spanish guy with the cornrolls (braids) in his hair. I haven't had a problem with them. Since the service dept stays open until 2:00 in the morning, the night crew are cool. In the parts dept, I go to Christina or Curtis. Actually, I am going there today to get my handle fixed and Mr. Vasquez has been prompt on the calls and customer service. Like i said, I haven't had a problem I don't know what other ppl have experienced w/ them.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Racer

I'd recommend anyone BUT Pohanka

I bought my CL-S from Pohanka and yes, my sales guy (Joe) was great. However the sum of little things--like losing the registration paperwork on the car--which I wasn't aware of until 6 months after I bought it and was "randomly pulled over" by a cop who was behind me at a red light in Alexandria.

I used to take my car to them, too, for every service interval and was generally happy with their work but they went through about 3 service managers in a few months (2001) and I started to notice things like they couldn't duplicate the shaking of the steering wheel when you applied the brakes or had never heard of the windshield washer system service bulletin, nor could they keep the sunroof from squeeking. I had also been asking them to check the transmission because it was shifting roughly. They could never find anything!

What really took me over the edge was when I took the car in at 28K miles--when it was nearly undriveable because I'd get off the interstate and barely be able to control the steering wheel from the vibration when slowing down--they all of a sudden realized that the rotors were in bad shape and should be replaced--along with the front pads.

They refused to do anything under warranty and since I was basically forced to have them resurface the rotors, I called Acura Customer Service and got them to convince Pohanka to do the rotors free of charge. Then when I went to pick up the car, I had to wait for the general manager to come down and "lecture" me that this was a one-time deal and that I should be grateful that they did this for me. (bullshit!)

It was when I called around to the various dealers in the Northern VA area to get prices for the 30K service that I first considered Karen Radley in Woodbridge. Not only was their service cheaper, but the service manager (Pam) is really cool and Radley has a web page and email, so I can set up appointments and get quotes via email. They were the only dealer that made me feel like I was a luxury car owner.

Anyhow, when I had the 30K service done, I explained my service history to them and they not only made me feel at east, everything on my long list was completed. They also ended up replacing my front rotors and pads--under warranty @35K--because they discoverd that Pohanka had torqued something incorrectly when the rotors were resurfaced.

So...go where you want...but if you want my opinion you're going to have good and bad sales experiences anywhere. I have a rapport now with Karen Radley and will buy my next car from them.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Cruisin'

this all really helpful - thanks - and also ......

.... I'll second the good words about Curtis at Radley. Good guy, helpful, and no 'tude.

This all very helpful - making me re-think where exactly to purchase from !
Old 02-21-2002, 04:09 PM

Re: I'd recommend anyone BUT Pohanka

Originally posted by sundance_gold
I bought my CL-S from Pohanka and yes, my sales guy (Joe) was great. However the sum of little things--like losing the registration paperwork on the car--which I wasn't aware of until 6 months after I bought it and was "randomly pulled over" by a cop who was behind me at a red light in Alexandria.

I used to take my car to them, too, for every service interval and was generally happy with their work but they went through about 3 service managers in a few months (2001) and I started to notice things like they couldn't duplicate the shaking of the steering wheel when you applied the brakes or had never heard of the windshield washer system service bulletin, nor could they keep the sunroof from squeeking. I had also been asking them to check the transmission because it was shifting roughly. They could never find anything!

What really took me over the edge was when I took the car in at 28K miles--when it was nearly undriveable because I'd get off the interstate and barely be able to control the steering wheel from the vibration when slowing down--they all of a sudden realized that the rotors were in bad shape and should be replaced--along with the front pads.

They refused to do anything under warranty and since I was basically forced to have them resurface the rotors, I called Acura Customer Service and got them to convince Pohanka to do the rotors free of charge. Then when I went to pick up the car, I had to wait for the general manager to come down and "lecture" me that this was a one-time deal and that I should be grateful that they did this for me. (bullshit!)

It was when I called around to the various dealers in the Northern VA area to get prices for the 30K service that I first considered Karen Radley in Woodbridge. Not only was their service cheaper, but the service manager (Pam) is really cool and Radley has a web page and email, so I can set up appointments and get quotes via email. They were the only dealer that made me feel like I was a luxury car owner.

Anyhow, when I had the 30K service done, I explained my service history to them and they not only made me feel at east, everything on my long list was completed. They also ended up replacing my front rotors and pads--under warranty @35K--because they discoverd that Pohanka had torqued something incorrectly when the rotors were resurfaced.

So...go where you want...but if you want my opinion you're going to have good and bad sales experiences anywhere. I have a rapport now with Karen Radley and will buy my next car from them.

A very similar thing happened to me. They REFUSED TO COVER ROTORS UNDER WARRANTY!

They told me that it was only covered up to 25K miles.

I spoke to a guy out there named MIKE GOINGS.

If you have to deal with him, don't waste your time. He's a total DIPSHIT, who wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground if he stepped in it.

Seriously, I was going to kick his ass for lying to me, and he didn't even have the balls to come down to the showroom floor.

I got it in writing from ALL other dealerships in VA. AND AFTER I paid to get my rotors resurfaced, they refunded me.
This was total bullshit that NEVER shoulda happened.

They are a crooked dealership, and you are correct, they have a HIGH as HELL turnover rate. They claim they are one of the top dealerships in the country, Uhhhhh, NO SHIT!

They are outside one of the largest metro areas in the United States, and in one of the richest counties in the US. How could they not be? People will pay sticker all day long out there.

I'd honestly avoid them at all costs, the service is hit and miss, and the sales guys, EXCEPT SCOTT BERSHARDER and the asian dude, are all morons.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:11 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Damn! Thanks for all the great input.

Last night I went to Pohanka and test drove a 2002 CL-S. I want the 2003 with Nav so they showed me the Nav sys on a TL.
It was an OK experience, and I had told the guy I wasn't buying for a couple of weeks. Still we talked numbers and they were a bit on the high side...
This past monday I had gone to the Radley in Falls Church and that was OK but now I'll go around and talk prices... we'll see how it goes.. I'll check out Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, too...

And when/where will the next NoVa meet be?

-E