Noob: If You had to do It all over

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes and no.

I was aware of the tranny problems when I bought the car.

I hoped Acura would have an solution and explanation to the tranny problems, and I could keep this car 10 years. The extended tranny warranty was nice. But I think the reliability of the replacement transmissions is still questionable (and $5200 out of warranty).
Old 01-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SS shift will take a little time to shift. It is not instantaeous... On downshifts it is much faster, but on the upshift you will notice a little lag.
If you are in the market for a luxury Coupe and that deal fell through, you may want to look at an older Lexus SC... Those are great deals for the money and rear wheel drive. Just and idea. good luck!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:07 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nc59dude
Thanks for the replies everyone. I forgot my password, and have been trying in vein to remember it, that is until today.... sweet.

So I test drove it, and a couple of impressions I got.

1. 1st and formost, the ad says 19k miles, when in actuality it had 61k... lol. The price was the same.
2. The steering seemed heavy, and the SS seemed stiff when I tried to shift, however, the shifts themselves were sloppy, often going up 500-1k rpm's before shifting?
3. When floored and such, in D, when RPM's got high, a warning light started blinking? Uhhh yeah, is it supposed to do that.

Other than that, I liked it a lot. But somehow I thought it was quicker. Honestly, I seriously doubt it could take my 5.9 Grand Cherokee... meh...

Thanks again for everyones replies.
I'm about to cross 61k myself on my 01. Sucks that they misprinted it.

I felt the same way about the steering when I first got the car. But I was coming from a RWD to a FWD car. I eventually got used to it, just seems normal now. And I think the shifts are just that way on this car with the AT.

with above, it was probably the VSA light. Yellow Triangle with an exclamation point. Basically it's telling that you're losing grip and it's redistributing power to keep you from laying rubber down. It's normal. Note: If you ever wanna race, turn the VSA off, then it'll take you grand cherokee.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everybody for posting. Funny thing, I actually ran into a CLS on the way home today. And I def had 1.5-2 car lengths to 60. I have a high flow cat and FIPK on my 5.9 as of now. Still, I thought that the ClS would be quicker. Anyway, it was great b/c he had 2 fine girls in his car, and they were laughing at him when I pulled up to the next light beside him. I tried to go again, but he wouldn't. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with an 03 Accord EX V6. It seems to have a better resale value and not so much transmissions problems..

Thanks to Everyone