Noise Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:16 AM
5th Gear

Noise Help

First thing in the morning when the car is cool (outside and in), I am hearing a tapping noise that seems to be coming from the passenger side of the dash (inside the dash). It sounds like something maybe on a pivot point that taps against something when I brake, accelerate or turn. After the sun is up and the car heats up (going home from work) I never hear the tapping noise, but every morning I hear it. I have searched all the archives and can find nothing like this. Has anyone else experienced this?

By the way, finally got the squeeking noise fixed that was coming from the back seat area. There are two white plastic tabs inserted into the body of the car that the top of the rear glass rests on. On these two tabs are a sticky pad. When the vehicle is cool, the sticky pad becomes partially separated from the glass and with any vibration makes a static like clicking noise. The dealer had to remove the rear window, take out both plastic tabs and re-install the window. The tabs are only necessary during factory assembly. The noise is gone (after 5 trips to the dealership).

Also, got new transmission installed about two weeks ago, it seems to be working well. Can hardly notice the difference with the new shift computer.