No TCS or VSA in the 6-speed??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No TCS or VSA in the 6-speed??

I was reading the recent C&D article on the 330i vs the CLS 6-speed and it said the VSA isn't an option on the Acura. Anyone know why? Is it really that much harder to implement on a 6-speed when most of the work is done with the ABS?

Anyone know if they offer TCS/VSA in the RSX Type S 6-speed?
Old 06-21-2002, 06:50 PM
6SPDCLS

Re: No TCS or VSA in the 6-speed??

Originally posted by pianoman41
I was reading the recent C&D article on the 330i vs the CLS 6-speed and it said the VSA isn't an option on the Acura. Anyone know why? Is it really that much harder to implement on a 6-speed when most of the work is done with the ABS?

Anyone know if they offer TCS/VSA in the RSX Type S 6-speed?
If you watched that one program on BBC that demo'ed the M3, you'll realize the driver always TURNS OFF DSC (aka VSA) before he gets on the track to show off his driving skills.

I guess VSA and TSC wasn't thrown into the 6-speed cause of the sport factor.....you can totally rip it if you don't have that crap on.

Old 06-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Powered By HONDA

yah 6 speed will not have VSA but it does have LSD.... but VSA is still standard on all auto cls lol i am not sure what is offer on RSX... and acura's traction control is not full speed traction control..i think it only works below 20 or 30 miles...:o
Old 06-22-2002, 03:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: No TCS or VSA in the 6-speed??

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS

If you watched that one program on BBC that demo'ed the M3, you'll realize the driver always TURNS OFF DSC (aka VSA) before he gets on the track to show off his driving skills.

I guess VSA and TSC wasn't thrown into the 6-speed cause of the sport factor.....you can totally rip it if you don't have that crap on.

I'm pretty sure that's not why they removed the VSA/TSC.

They combination of LSD and VSA makes for dueling control systems. Some pretty hot and worn out brakes would be one issue, cost another.

They could have put a electronically controlled LSD that would have worked with the TSC and VSA, but... they didn't...

Porsche tried their stability assist system with a rear drive only (no AWD) with rear LSD and commented on how "funny" the electronic throttle and control was with the LSD in the setup...

(They pulled the stability system out too... Sorry! I forgot which article and where [but it was within the last 4-5 months)
Old 06-22-2002, 07:10 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: No TCS or VSA in the 6-speed??

Originally posted by EricL

I'm pretty sure that's not why they removed the VSA/TSC.

They combination of LSD and VSA makes for dueling control systems. Some pretty hot and worn out brakes would be one issue, cost another.

I'll buy that. Sounds reasonable.....