No more Type S? Insurance Co. Dropped My Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 02:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more Type S? Insurance Co. Dropped My Coverage

sucks to be me.
mom got a letter in the mail from liberty mutual ins. co.
it was a letter of "non-renewal" stating that because of "Moses A." (me) they will not renew the policy of the 6 cars we have in the household. their reason is because of my "at-fault" accident on 01/00 and a 4-pt speeding violation on 11/00... i'm also assumuing it's because i'm an underaged male (19) living at school. sucks cuz the liberty mutual insurance was a sort of collective group insurance my mom purchased through Chemical Mellon Investors where she works. she's banged up about this whole thing cuz the insurance was supposedly discounted and saved her a good $800 a year for all the cars compared to our old provider, allstate.

here's the sucky part... if my mom is "bitchy" enough she'd make me get my own insurance under my own name.... i can't afford that, she already pays for my school and car insurance. me paying my car insurance AND my car payment doesnt cut it meaning i'd have to sell my type s and keep my PIECE 'O SHIT ACCORD. can i plead w/ my ins. co. not to drop the ENTIRE policy? i've heard that NJ law says an ins. co. says they are mandated to drop 2% of its customers every year in order to allow customers to circulate and not form a monopoly. true??? argh. i hate insurance companies!!!!

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 03-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Team Owner

I don’t know about NJ, but here in PA they have what is called a “High Risk pool”.
If you are dropped, your name basically goes into a hat and whichever company pulls it HAS TO insure you.
Granted, the rate is VERY HIGH $$$$$$, but it is basic insurance.
I think all states have some kind of a plan like this.

There are also companies here that advertise that they can provide insurance to ANYONE regardless of your record.
I hear the ads on the radio all the time.
Check your Yellow pages & the NET for something like this.

Good luck & slow down,
Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 03-16-2001, 03:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

thanks.... but geez... i feel like a criminal!!!!! i feel like i'm being penalized for going fast... hmmm.... okokokok, you're supposed to get penalized for that, but still, it's not fair! argh... i just can't have my policy go up to more than $2800 per year or else it's bye bye CL! the first policy it went from $1990 to $2490, and now....?

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 03-16-2001, 03:27 PM
Instructor

get married, that will save you a few bucks....but then you will live in hell, oh well disregard this....

------------------
Sundance,Navi,
Spoiler, mflaps, wheel well trim, dark dark tint, nose mask, polarg m6's, lead foot
Old 03-16-2001, 04:38 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
I pay $16,000 in car insurance every year...it's not worth it to go fast on the streets...keep it somewhere else like the track...

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 03-16-2001, 04:41 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:
I pay $16,000 in car insurance every year...it's not worth it to go fast on the streets...keep it somewhere else like the track...

</font>
what kind of f*$king record do you have that you pay $16,000 in car insurance????

------------------
01' CL Type-S, Navigation, Spoiler
4% tint on the backs and 34% on the fronts
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (2" Drop)
Old 03-16-2001, 04:46 PM
Instructor

I pay $16,000 in car insurance every year...
</font>
Is that in canadien dollars?

------------------
White/Ebony CL Type S with Navi...no mods until i get my tax return money.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:50 PM
4th Gear

Not to be a punk but. You sound like you are having such a tough life at 19. Welcome to the real world. If mommy is paying for school and insurance and all you are doing is wrecking cars and getting 4 point speeding tickets, then you should be penalized for being such and ass. I would keep stuff cool and on the downlow. Your mom works for an investment firm and should know that insurance companies are losing money left and right, this equals to higher insurance rates and dropping people that cause them to loose money. Did you really think you could drive around like you do and expect nothing to happen everything to be normal? What are they teaching you in school nowadays? What makes you think you are such a victim, some states had an increase in rates and policyholders have done nothing. The only hope your mother has is to write you off as an excluded driver to at least keep the policy discount and you'd have to get your own insurance. I would start taking pics of the CL-S for your memories.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:53 PM
on bin laden

My insurance is $2000 USD every 6 months ... and it is only that low because I'm on my Mom's Mercedes. And that is a 2001 SUV. Me, well I'm 21, good student, and I work full time. I have 1 ticket, but my old car just got totaled out due to hail damage...

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Acura Winter Mats
*Mudguards
*Mobile 1 Synthetic
*Rockford 500a2
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2)
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 03-16-2001, 05:00 PM
dlp
Instructor

damn... i feel almost lucky... I am rather jealous that some sub-21s have CLs.. i never could have afforded something like that at that age - and noone family member could afford to do it for me. You should be able to get your family's insurance back for them, but you would not be under the policy in any way. Talk to the policy co. As for you, I think there is a place called AIS insurance? They compare several different companies. You could try looking them up on the web. You hosed your mom pretty good with a major speeding tix, and an at-fault accident. You should have known this was likely to happen. It is just to bad you did not preempt the policy co. by dropping yourself off of it before you forced their hand. Wish you luck, but I got to admit, I am happy you aren't on the west coast... Would be interested to hear how thisplays out tho...

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV & Spoiler. San Marino Red/Parchment int. Purchased 2/28/01.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1584587&a=12058921
Old 03-16-2001, 05:12 PM
Pro

I pay $16,000 in car insurance every year...it's not worth it to go fast on the streets...keep it somewhere else like the track...</font>
I second that. You don't know what kind of fun you're missing by not letting it fly on the track/AutoX course. Once you've gone balls-out on the track/AutoX course, you'll never want to bother with playing in the streets. Seriously.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH
Old 03-16-2001, 06:10 PM
6 speed...

</font>
good ged... is this 'cause of the porsche or what?
Old 03-16-2001, 06:33 PM
the last one alive

Your situation is nothing to complain about. You have it pretty easy. Just bite the bullet and dump the Type S.
Old 03-16-2001, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Insurance companies SUCK.. Libery Mutual SUCKS! Insurance companies don't do enough to keep fraudulant claims down. Jes_Cha is talking out his ass(being extremely judgemental and could NOT possibly know the facts.)(He's probably an insurance agent) Try ERIE Insurance in Erie, Pa.
Old 03-16-2001, 08:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jes_cha:
insurance companies are losing money left and right</font>
In my best Dr Evil voice.... "riiiiiight"

My father has worked in the insurance business for 32 years. Trust me... those companies are NOT losing money. He laughed his ass off when I showed him that sentence.

Old 03-16-2001, 09:45 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YuppieCL:
sucks to be me.
mom got a letter in the mail from liberty mutual ins. co.
it was a letter of "non-renewal" stating that because of "Moses A." (me) they will not renew the policy of the 6 cars we have in the household. their reason is because of my "at-fault" accident on 01/00 and a 4-pt speeding violation on 11/00... i'm also assumuing it's because i'm an underaged male (19) living at school. sucks cuz the liberty mutual insurance was a sort of collective group insurance my mom purchased through Chemical Mellon Investors where she works. she's banged up about this whole thing cuz the insurance was supposedly discounted and saved her a good $800 a year for all the cars compared to our old provider, allstate.

here's the sucky part... if my mom is "bitchy" enough she'd make me get my own insurance under my own name.... i can't afford that, she already pays for my school and car insurance. me paying my car insurance AND my car payment doesnt cut it meaning i'd have to sell my type s and keep my PIECE 'O SHIT ACCORD. can i plead w/ my ins. co. not to drop the ENTIRE policy? i've heard that NJ law says an ins. co. says they are mandated to drop 2% of its customers every year in order to allow customers to circulate and not form a monopoly. true??? argh. i hate insurance companies!!!!

</font>
No offense to you, but you're an adult male. Now's as good a time as any to stop hiding behind mommy's apron. Suck it up and roll with the punches. You don't pay for school, so you're lucky there. Do you have a job? If not, get one. If yes, learn better time management to work more hours and still have adequate time for school and study. You have a POS accord as well? You're a 19 year old student...what do you need two cars for anyways? Reassess your priorities and cut down on costs. Sell the POS off...there's part, if not all, of your insurance depending how much you get for it. Sometimes you have to learn to make compromises and sacrifices. Stop depending on your mother for financial support. If you can't do that, you're gonna lose your beloved CL-S.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:47 PM
on bin laden

That's pretty harsh, I'm 21, almost done with my CSci degree at the U of MN ... I've been able to pay for everything I own since I was in High School, probably so I didn't have to get ripped a new asshole by somebody like you it was worth the pain...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Satin Slayer:
No offense to you, but you're an adult male. Now's as good a time as any to stop hiding behind mommy's apron. Suck it up and roll with the punches. You don't pay for school, so you're lucky there. Do you have a job? If not, get one. If yes, learn better time management to work more hours and still have adequate time for school and study. You have a POS accord as well? You're a 19 year old student...what do you need two cars for anyways? Reassess your priorities and cut down on costs. Sell the POS off...there's part, if not all, of your insurance depending how much you get for it. Sometimes you have to learn to make compromises and sacrifices. Stop depending on your mother for financial support. If you can't do that, you're gonna lose your beloved CL-S.</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Acura Winter Mats
*Mudguards
*Mobile 1 Synthetic
*Rockford 500a2
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2)
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 03-16-2001, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

YUPPIE CL Dude, sorry to hear insurance dumped MOM, same happened to me 4 years ago, only I was the DAD and due to my sons driving record I got dumped. So I says son, he was 19 at time, I says "your on your own for insurance". Since then he has matured quite a bit and he is getting decent innsurance rates for a 22 year old. But you have to consider the insurance co. mindset, 19 year old, fast new car, 1 accident plus speeding ticket in less than 12 months=very high risk. Thats just the way it is.
Good luck!

STOCLK/SILVER CL-S
Old 03-16-2001, 10:22 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fbazakos:
That's pretty harsh, I'm 21, almost done with my CSci degree at the U of MN ... I've been able to pay for everything I own since I was in High School, probably so I didn't have to get ripped a new asshole by somebody like you it was worth the pain...

</font>
Sorry if I came off as being too harsh. That was not my intention. I was just merely trying to offer some constructive criticism and some alternatives to his predicament. Once again, I apologize if I appeared belligerent in my comments.

Old 03-16-2001, 10:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

to those few that felt the dire need to bash me and my financial support from my mother... i have nothing to say. i'm not gonna go off and rave like i should, i have some kind of respectability to keep on this board as a moderator.

i'm not freeloading off of my mother. i work at a tech place and make decent money. she offers to pay for school and my insurance. my accord is my "school car" this is the car i keep on campus when i'm away from home during the semester. i'm not gonna keep a $32,000 car in a parking lot collecting door dings and pigeon shit days or weeks at a time. my accord is a commuter car, my CL is my leisure/summer car. damn, some of u guys, esp. jes_cha really need to remember i wasnt posting to ask for a lesson in life, i'm asking advice from my "friends". i give a hell of alot of the little time i have to keep everyone happy here. damn, don't bash dude.

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 03-16-2001, 11:29 PM
Instructor

they're just jealous !!!

------------------
'01 CL type-S.
Stats on all-stock with 1/2 tank:
0-60 in 5.85
Why drink and drive, when you can smoke and fly?
Old 03-16-2001, 11:40 PM
Advanced

YuppieCL:
I know what you're going through. Four years ago I got nailed doing 102 in a 55. Fifteen minutes later got nailed doing 85 in a 55. Two months later I got nailed doing 65 in a 35. Two months after that had an at-fault accident. I had a bad year. My ins dropped me of course and license was "revoked". Got a lawyer to take care of the tickets (very expensive) and had to live with higer rates for awhile. Now I pay $750 for 6 months and I'm 27 and single, so I think it's a good rate. Advice: Try to get the ticket reduced or eliminated. Just live with the higher rates. Insurance companies only consider the last 35 months provided you don't have DUIs.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
Non-navi
Sterling Silver
Planned Mods:
Infinity Self Powered Sub-Woofer (installed)
Xephyr CAI (when it finally ships)
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Rear Wing
DVD Video System
V-AFC (when it's been tried and proved)

[This message has been edited by thundercls (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-17-2001, 02:03 AM
Intermediate

Hmm, if you have 2 cars, accord and CL, why not put the CL as your "leisure vehicle".

It "should" drop the price quite a bit.

Just FYI, I pay $816 US per year from Allstate for full coverage 25000/75000
with loaner car and $500 deductible. So if your record's clean, can get a very good deal on insurance.

Cheers,

Smeg
Old 03-17-2001, 12:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

well... as for the "dropping of points" the tickets that i received were originally TEN points my lawyer got one ticket ammended and the other to drop to a lower tier speeding ticket making it a total of FOUR dmv points.

i'm not completely sure, but i do think the CL is my leisure vehicle and my accord is the commuter car. my mom is the "driver" of the CL, and I am the "driver" of the accord although she drives neither. i dunno... hopefully this all works out. i doubt i'll sell the CL like some might hope for, but this is a wake-up call for me to SLOW THE HELL DOWN!

my first accident was due to inexperience. my tickets were due to stupidity cuz i didnt bother saying who i knew from a town i know ALOT of people in.

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 03-17-2001, 12:53 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Smeg:
Just FYI, I pay $816 US per year from Allstate for full coverage 25000/75000
with loaner car and $500 deductible. So if your record's clean, can get a very good deal on insurance.....
Smeg
</font>
That is fabulous deal on CLS insurance. I have a GEICO 25,000/50,000 Comprehensive with $500 deductible for $109 a month or $1308/yr. I am 32 with no Speeding tickets on my US Record. I pay more than 50% than you.

Time to reconsider the Insurer or is it just me, where I live, and so on?

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks.
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards,
- Winter mats,
- Trunk liner,
- Acura Spoiler.
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator.
- PIAA 19169 road lamps.
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
Old 03-17-2001, 12:56 PM
Advanced

Wow.
YuppieCL is very out of touch with reality.
Good luck, sir. You'll need it.