Nicky Pass: Go read your personal hotmail e-mails NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicky Pass: Go read your personal hotmail e-mails NOW!

Mods: Please let this post stand to 24-48 hours, then you are free to delete it. Nicky had two of his newly powder coated wheels trashed by dentbusters, and, to keep this brief, I am a powder coating expert with 14 years experience. Without resorting to trickery, lying, or anything of the kind, I understand the recoating costs, and they go far beyond just painting.

Nicky: go read your personal (Not Acura-CL pm's) e-mail NOW, please.

Just tryin' to help out a fellow Acura-CL.com member. Thanks, mods!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I talked to Gary today....he quoted me $140 per wheel...I guess because they are 19". I'm gonna have tires taken off of the rims Saturday...then have them shipped on Monday or Tuesday!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Drifting

*Use tire zone, 12 and 68. Ask gary, nicely, for 500 for all four. bet you can get it. I called him today, on different matters. Allways note me, Dave from itw. You should get a better price.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:28 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Why don't you call him again....and mention me.... Then When I call him....he'll just give me a better price!
Old 06-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Drifting

New flash, folks: As goodrich technology is the sole source for this cool chrome look, but environmentally friendly powder coating technology, Gary Goodrich, CEO of this company realizizes the big bucks lie in liscencing his technology, and a second source will be available soon in LA, Calif. When that person is set up, Gary will get out of the wheel business to concentrate on motorcycle parts, although he does have the entire line of Jeep Cherokee wheels locked up for production year 2005.

I do not know how long it will take for the new source to come up, and the new source may not be up to the fine quality of the wheels I have instantly (this takes some practice) but, according to gary, the price when the new source starts up will be ONLY $50 PER WHEEL, any choice of three finishes.

Nicky or Smitty, please cut and past a pic of my wheels. I do not have the ability to post pics. In the mean time, for those of you who are wondering, try this link, and note how the ENTIRE WHEEL, not just the face has an entirely finished look. www.goodrichtechnology.com

And by the way, this is a first by me, I hammered out a deal last night, OVER THE PHONE, with Mullers Woodfield Acura, and in a matter of days, I should be trading my Satin Silver, 03 CLS6 non navi with 11,000 miles for a duplicate, but Anthricite, 03CLS6 with a navi, brand new. Exchange: $7150+ttl. WOOOO WOOOO!
Old 06-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Safety Car

this one?

Or this one?

I really like the mother of pearl, but what color car would it look good on?

Old 06-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Fuct in the hed!

I'm doing my Hagens in the top one!!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Drifting

I SHOULD pick up my new, anthricite CLS 6 Speed with a navi in Dueblin, Ohio about noon. I signed the papers for $7150 +tax, etc. The assistant manager in Ohio has locked away the car, but for some damn reason, I cannot pick up the car tomorrow. Mt guy here in Illinois has to talk to the top guy there and he is not there today. They have to arrange for how much money woodfield acura would have to give them for the car, or, what car they would trade them for. As I understand it, Illinois would not have to ship a car to Ohio. A car destined for Illinois will be diverted to Ohio as a replacement.

But, does something sound fishy here? I would imagine the dealer in Ohio would have a guy present there at ALL times. Anyway, I am assured that I will get the car, and convienently, I AM going to Ohio on business monday, so no big deal!

And thanks for posting the pics, bull! My wheel finish is also the top one. I think it will look tight on anthricite. This had better work, as I have found out that there are only 3 anthricite CLS6 with navi in the whole U.S.

By the way, talk about harrowing journeys, I had to leave work and drive about 20 miles to the dealer. While going through a major intersection southbound (Nicky, 62 and roselle), there is a lexus SUV eastbound, stopped at the red light. It rear ended, medium hard by a Mercedes S500. The Lexus missed the ass end of my car by maybe THREE FEET! What a bitch that would be, trading and dealing with damage at the same time!

Details: The anthricite is new, my car was bought 11/30/02. I have 11,700 on the car, the interior is mint, and if I can make it two more days, this will be the first car I have ever owned without ONE door bang. I keep my tires wheels and wheel locks and weathertech window rainshields for the new car.

I will drop off the Silver CLS6 monday at the dealer, rent a car, drive to dueblin, get the new car and go to work near Cincinnatti for the start of a powder coating startup. Return Friday, and get the wheels swaped out. Add a silver pinstripe, with a 1/2" acura logo 5" in front of each door on the fenders. Probably add a spoiler, and muds, but right now, I am focused on one thing: GET THE CAR!
Old 06-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Good luck.....be sure to take some pics
Old 06-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 06-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Fuct in the hed!

I can't wait to get mine!
Old 06-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Drifting

Nicky or Smitty: I'm putting the cart before the horse here, because I will know today how and if this deal pans out for the anthricite. My dealer has approved the deal, we have signed the papers, but the dealer in Ohio has to wait until today for "MR BIG" to approve the deal on their end. My guys say that it is only a matter of cash exchange or a replacement car, it just has to be hammered out, and they do tell me, the anthricite is mine. I'll know soon.

Either way, I'd like to ask if one of you guys would be nice enough to post pics of the new ride. And thanks in advance to whoever does.

Ironically enough, with all the traveling I will be doing to and from Ohio every week for work, I will probably be the last person to see them here!

Nicky: What did you do about dentbusters?
Old 06-21-2003, 06:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Sure Dave... just e-mail them over...

CJSmith1503@aol.com

Smitty
Old 06-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, dave...you dont mess around!! hahaha
Old 06-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Drifting

GUYS! THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN!!!

I get the new car Monday afternoon in Dublin Ohio. Probably about 4 in the afternoon. I will come back Friday, swap the wheels to the anthricite, then visit the pinstriper. Smitty, expect pics by next saturday, latest. Smitty, when you get them, please start a post for me entitled "Dfreder370's new ride..." Then, just say:

"Then"

(post a pic of the satin silver with the black pearl wheels) followed by):

"Now"

(New car, obviously)

Then, add your comments and be truthful. I don't need no stinkin' smoozing!

I want to start a new thread, because my (and Nicky Pass's) dealer went WAY OVER THE TOP to make my life easy. It will start with "Woodfield Acura...Nice job!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

well Dave take some good pics of your old car first... The ones you sent me before were of poor quality...

Smitty
Old 06-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Email me the pics.....I'll post them!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Drifting

Smit and nick. My first pics were with a digital cam I bought for dad, and as usual, camera shake was not understood. I will take new pics of the "old" car on Sunday, because as of Monday, it is history! "New" pics have to wait until 6/28.

I'll mail you both. Smitty, as far as I can tell, Nicky is getting the same finish I got on my wheels, and it should be ok on his car as white is pretty neutral. And Nicky, this is the LAST time I am going to ask you. Are your wheel centers metal or plastic? If plastic, and if you sent them out with the wheels, you are looking at a major meltdown! I know the solution, if plastic.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Fuct in the hed!

The caps are chrome plastic. I haven't sent my wheels yet....they go out on Monday!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Drifting

Nicky: You need to quickly manufacture aluminum discs the same diameter as your wheel centers, that is what I did. I had 1 mm thick discs out of aluminum made at work. This is tricky, and you must realize, I have a powerful machine shop at my command. When they are coated and the emblems are applied, you simply use epoxy glue th glue them to the original plastic centers.

These disks gave gary at patrick at goodyear fits, because the aluminum is so thin, it looses heat so quickly, that when it is taken out of the 490F preheat oven, they are probably are down to 300F by the time they have removed them and grabbed the powder coating gun. Nevertheless, they succeeded.

I suggest that you do the same. Steel discs, will hold more heat, but will corrode more quickly.

I chose 1 mm, because I figured they wouldn't "show". If I wanted to duplicate the factory look that was flush, 1 mm would have to be shaved from the plastic cap, in a lathe. That, is hard also, because there is almost nothing to grip.

I will be outta here, 36 hours from now, basically until Halloween. If you would like to see my solution, up close and personal, I will be happy to stop by and discuss solutions. If I am correct, you are inbetween, my condo, and my folks (by NW community hospital) who I visit every day.

If you are using the "slow boat to china" UPS surface, you have some time. You can always UPS next day air to california the cap solution. It is massive weight that kills you, financially.

I may be able to lean on a "buddy" at work to make you the discs. But I do not want trouble at work. If they find out at work I am using company resources at work for others, my ass is grass, and I am not risking a 60K job for nobody.

If I can do it, I will, but it is my way, or no way. Hope you understand. I am 52, have a comfortable job, good pay rate, and have no intentions of looking for a new job this late in life.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Fuct in the hed!

I wonder is Gary could come up with something???
Old 06-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Drifting

Nope. Make the aluminum discs. It is your only hope. I recently got gary to apply his technology onto plastic, but thar plastic was a high melt point plastic, the plastic melts at about 700f. Your wheel centers will melt at about 325f, and garys process temperature is 490f. I sent you a pic about this. Make the discs out of aluminum, get them coated. It is the most elegant solution.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Fuct in the hed!

After you make the discs. how do you get them to stay in the center hole???
Old 06-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Drifting

Nicky: Go to the hardware store and buy two ton Devcon epoxy. $3. Two part, mix it up good and apply. Make SURE the discs are centered!

You need to see my new anthricite navi/w spoiler with the old wheels. Wow. And, the navi is THE NUTS! Look for pics, hosted by smitty tomorrow. This time, I got it right!
Old 06-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Sweet!