Old 04-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ModAddict
helmet at 13's

for rwd, drive shaft loop at 12's,.....not sure about fwd

roll cage at 11's
And a flywheel scatter-shield.

Just tell them you expect 13's... which most of the passes will be anyways! When you hit a 12, act surprised!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by allmotor_2000
You are on the computer... how could you be working on the harness???
That is what wireless networks are for.

I normally keep a laptop on the work bench in the garage but I carried it down to the bar where I was working. Don't worry, no drinks were flowing; I want to keep my vision straight when working on your harnesses.

BTW, I didn't finish last night. The problem was that I didn't like the way they attached to the socket base and had to redo it. Which means the shrink tubing had to be removed, and then the pieces unsoldered and pulled off. That's why my fingers hurt; I need to build back up the calluses again.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SLY1TYPES
Wow good work, what times and mph are you hoping for?

What tires do you have for all that BIG power!!
I'm hoping to see low 13's at nearly 112 MPH. We'll see soon enough though.

The tires are ones which need replacing. But they were once Yoko AVE ES100 235/45/27 on the stock rims. They don't hold the power at all making this really pointless in some ways.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....all=Blackwall&

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2
Old 04-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by scalbert
I'm hoping to see low 13's at nearly 112 MPH. We'll see soon enough though.

The tires are ones which need replacing. But they were once Yoko AVE ES100 235/45/27 on the stock rims. They don't hold the power at all making this really pointless in some ways.
How did you achieve 7psi of boost with the original 3.8" supercharge pulley?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by sgmotoring
How did you achieve 7psi of boost with the original 3.8" supercharge pulley?
Huh?? I didn't, at leat not with the IC in place. However, when using the stock manifold and with the IMRC disconnected it would creep up to the 7 PSI range near redline.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Suzuka Master

BTW Ramanan, no work last night as I had to take the girls to the hospital. Nothing major, just a precaution due to a high fever.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

BTW Ramanan, no work last night as I had to take the girls to the hospital. Nothing major, just a precaution due to a high fever.
Oh man... hope nothing serious - forget the harnessess... make sure the little ones are okay!

Question though... did both your daughters get a fever together? I believe when twins are young, they get ill together - not necessarily because they are in close proximity.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Yep, they both had fevers with Makenna's being higher. The problem was that it hit 103.5 and that was with Tylenol. So they wanted us to bring her and her sister in. They ran urine and blood tests looking for a baterial infection and if it came back positive they would test Natalie. Luckily it was negative and they chalked it up to a viral infection and let us go.

She slept for about twelve hours and then woke up as though nothing was ever wrong. But boy was it hard holding/watching her have the tests done. The terror in her eyes was almost too much to bear.

Now back to work tonight...
Old 04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Safety Car

Yep, they both had fevers with Makenna's being higher. The problem was that it hit 103.5 and that was with Tylenol. So they wanted us to bring her and her sister in. They ran urine and blood tests looking for a baterial infection and if it came back positive they would test Natalie. Luckily it was negative and they chalked it up to a viral infection and let us go.

She slept for about twelve hours and then woke up as though nothing was ever wrong. But boy was it hard holding/watching her have the tests done. The terror in her eyes was almost too much to bear.

Now back to work tonight...
I don't have first-hand experience, but have been living this through my sister - she cries more than the baby when they do these tests and stuff!!

Glad to hear they are both doing better!
Old 04-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't feel bad: Most of us either feel this way...or say the same thing.

Originally posted by ferizzo
I hate you for torturing me every time I read your posts! I learn a little reading them but hate you because I want all these things!

great job and nice hearing about the awesome results!
Old 04-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a Salesman in Ill that Frequently gets S-03s--take offs after test drives for the most part I'm told. Most all 10/32 which are essentially new. After I get the 2 ( 225/45) and see that Alls well, if anyone else is interested, let me know, i'll send you his way.

Originally posted by SLY1TYPES
Hey Scalbert

Wow good work, what times and mph are you hoping for?

What tires do you have for all that BIG power!!

Thanks,

KEvin
Old 04-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
she cries more than the baby when they do these tests and stuff!!
I can certainly undrestand. I had to tend to three crying girls last night; my daughters and my wife.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Suzuka Master

As a side note regarding the original thread subject. I was noticing lower boost at the higher revs today. It was dropping to 6 PSI by redline. So I checked the SC belt and it was too loose. So I tightened it and will see if that makes a difference tomorrow; I suspect it will.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by caddy
I have a Salesman in Ill that Frequently gets S-03s--take offs after test drives for the most part I'm told. Most all 10/32 which are essentially new. After I get the 2 ( 225/45) and see that Alls well, if anyone else is interested, let me know, i'll send you his way.
Yea, let me know how it goes as the tires do not last too long right now.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

As a side note regarding the original thread subject. I was noticing lower boost at the higher revs today. It was dropping to 6 PSI by redline. So I checked the SC belt and it was too loose. So I tightened it and will see if that makes a difference tomorrow; I suspect it will.
I had to over torque by 10 ftlbs to stay tight. Once tight I would retorque the idler to spec.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was at Payn Tech today and was told they have recalled the six Max Boost Pulleys that were produced, and are commited to standing behind them. Everyone that purchased them have been contacted. There is an area on the pulley where the wall thickness is too thin, and it broke apart as soon as the engine was started. It's my understanding ther was only one that had actually been installed.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:05 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

It's my understanding ther was only one that had actually been installed.
That's because the rest of us are waiting on Steve's IC
Old 04-14-2004, 11:17 PM
///M POWER

I was at Payn Tech today and was told they have recalled the six Max Boost Pulleys that were produced, and are commited to standing behind them. Everyone that purchased them have been contacted. There is an area on the pulley where the wall thickness is too thin, and it broke apart as soon as the engine was started. It's my understanding ther was only one that had actually been installed.
wow, thats crazy, does flint have it on his ride??
Old 04-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by darrinb
wow, thats crazy, does flint have it on his ride??
No, someone else, (cough,..look above), has my e-man and max pulley, awaiting Steve's IC kit, for final installation.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:40 PM
///M POWER

all motor??
Old 04-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro

Damn, I hope my buddy who received it like 2 weeks ago is fine. I'll check on it but he said he'll not going to install it soon.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro

Steve, you need something sticky like Yoko A032 or Kumho V700 (Victoracer) IMO.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Burning Brakes

waited over a month, no deliverly. I contacted them asked for refund, they said okay, still haven't got it. They never contacted me about anything, delay, reported problems, or refund status Also the boys at Velocity Resources also claim they have heard about them shattering on first start of the engine They have another trust worthy company that they outsource to and you can get the higher than comptach "high" boost pullies are available through them.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Suzuka Master

That worked just fine. Boost jumps to 8 PSI at about 5500 RPM, drops off to 7.5 PSI just after 6k revs and holds there until redline.

The real problem about this is the testing. 2nd gear spins throughout so I have to test in 3rd at a minimum which takes me up above 90 MPH. :o

I'm going to back off a little on the tension tonight and see what the requirements are to keep the needed tension.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Suzuka Master

BTW and just IMO concerning the pullies. I would suggest to most to get the Comptech or similar HBP pulley. Then from there just replace the SC pulley. This has turned out to be very nice and will allow me to go foward easier.

I'll probably get a 3.3 or 3.2 inch pulley for track duty where 100 octane fuel can be used. I can take the current SC pulley off and put another on within a few minutes so it could even be done at the track. That is not soemthing you can do with the combo HBP pulleys.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
That's because the rest of us are waiting on Steve's IC
It is coming soon. I have been inspecting every part of it and it looks perfect. I may pull it soon and polish it. But I have been considering creating a cover for it to help dress up the engine bay.

I did have a problem with the pump but replacing it took care of it. But I actually believe the positioning was partially the culprit. It would lose prime after sitting over night and would take several minutes to get flowing again. This is a closed system where no air should be able to enter, especially where the pump sits, down low in the system. The only place I could figure air would get in was at the pumps shaft seal. By replacing it and tilting the inlet slightly down has eliminated the issue. I have had it sit for several days now and when started there was no sign of any air or delay in flow starting.

I’m waiting on a response from a single vendor and once that arrangement is complete I will make the availability and ordering process announcement.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by darrinb
all motor??
Start going to bed earlier, you are not your quickest at that time of night.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:22 AM
8th Gear

Originally posted by MtBikR
waited over a month, no deliverly. I contacted them asked for refund, they said okay, still haven't got it. They never contacted me about anything, delay, reported problems, or refund status Also the boys at Velocity Resources also claim they have heard about them shattering on first start of the engine They have another trust worthy company that they outsource to and you can get the higher than comptach "high" boost pullies are available through them.
Logan,

I guess I don't understand your post. The credit card you used to pay for the pulley was credited per your request last week. You did wait 4 weeks while we sorted out the R&D on the pulley and I apologize, but you requested a refund and we immediately credited your account.

The first pulley order (besides Brad) was placed on 2/23/04. One pulley since then was damaged during installation by a technician out of state who blasted the pulley on with an impact gun so hard it stripped the alternator shaft threads. Consequently, that pulley self destructed and we are helping that customer with parts and labor costs as part of our R&D. The key word is R&D…it took me three tries with my personal vehicle at a cost of more than $200 each to get my boost levels worked out.

We are not new to these motors or the proccesses it takes to make big power with them. I have a sleeved and built C32 in my 97 NSX, I backdated the entire car to OBDI (replaced the TBW with earlier model pedal assemblies, throttle cable, engine harness, intake manifold, etc.), and with the blower it makes 405 whp on my low boost pulley running 11.9 @ 118. I’ve been modifying the Honda 3.0L and 3.2L V6 engines almost 4 years now and truly have a love for the motor and vehicles they are in.

We strive to help people out as much as we can. Even though we are extremely busy, we always stand behind our work.

Please call with any questions.

Devin Pearce
Payn Technologies
248-649-3966
Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 AM
8th Gear

A few people asked for pics of my setup:

Old 04-15-2004, 09:35 AM
mister D

looks like a quality vehicle.. you s/c guys are lucky
Old 04-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by paynnsx
Hello Devin,

I seem a compressor bypass valve on the side of a polished cover in the above pictures. I also see a braided line to that same "box". Is that a liquid/air IC on that system??

Just curious as I was wondering how much boost you could run intercooled before knock started?? That is provided the A/F ratio was fine.

BTW, that is a beautiful vehicle.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:08 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A few people asked for pics of my setup:

Beautiful!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by MtBikR
Also the boys at Velocity Resources also claim they have heard about them shattering on first start of the engine They have another trust worthy company that they outsource to and you can get the higher than comptach "high" boost pullies are available through them.
It's my understanding that "one of the boys at VR", is the one that did the install of the pulley and stripped alternator shaft, so "they have heard" actually means "they have done" the one pulley that shattered. IMO, it's an honest mistake, and part of the developement. VR was able to repair the alternator shaft, and Payn Tech is standing behind the pulley, so lessons learned, and move on. Again this is the first and only one ever installed, and the rest have been recalled in a proactive manner.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Suzuka Master

I need to wait for Steve so I can order mine.......
Old 04-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Smitty
Old 04-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Smitty
Soon, very soon...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:03 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Please call with any questions.

Devin Pearce
Payn Technologies
248-649-3966
Hi Devin,

I'm the one who purchased the pulley from Brad. I'll be giving you a call soon. If not friday then definitely monday.

Thanks,

Allen

Steve,

Keep up the good work...I'm really looking forward to the final product.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Huh?? I didn't, at leat not with the IC in place. However, when using the stock manifold and with the IMRC disconnected it would creep up to the 7 PSI range near redline.
hmmm... when I had my original 3.9" pulley my boost would only get up to 3.5 psi. Is it just me or my boost gauge is wrong?

Quick Reply: New Supercharger Pulley