New Jet V-Force Power Module for the type-s

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Quicksilver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Jet V-Force Power Module for the type-s

I emailed JET about computer upgrades and their V-Force power module. The V-force is recommended for milder applications (intake, exhaust, e.g.). You don't have to send your ECU in. The cost is $239.95 and includes shipping. HP gains are on average 8-12. The programmer is a microprocessor that optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration. It is an LED readout, and has an on/off override switch. The module mounts under the dash and you route the wiring out under the hood. You tap into the TPS wire and splice the MAP or MAF wire (depends on app., mine car has a MAP sensor).

Of course the more mods you have, the computer upgrade is more effective and horsepower gains of 10-20 could be expected, depending on the mods on your car. Look up JET on the web for more info. Unfortunately, the module may void the warranty according to the tech support at JET, because of the splicing.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:20 PM
Quicksilver

AEM plug and play engine management system (Cl-S)

Also, forgot to add, that AEM is coming out with the plug and play stand-alone engine management system that's a computer program you can use yourself to program your car to optimize the addition of any modifications. It's a windows-based software. It's not cheap though, the sales rep told me around $1700 from directly from AEM. It should be available in a couple of months. It is listed on their website.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
The original JetChip one was crap, so I'd be very skeptical about this one. The regular mod (the one you need to mail your cpu away for) was been installed by several members.... several reported no gains while one reported loss in power. I'd be VERY weary on the new one until I saw independant dyno results.....

The AEM one, however, looks promising. We had an AEM rep on here a while ago talking about this, showing dynos, etc... that one looks good, but like you said... it's expensive. Goes to show that you get what you pay for... especially when messing with the computer....
Old 09-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Racer

Just look on WinMX or Kazaa for that software It'll be on there sometime... I know SOMEONE will burn it