New to CL and owning a car

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to CL and owning a car

I've been lurking around on here. Gleaning from everyone and trying to keep my Clementine running, yes I named her. She is my first car ever!

Clementine Genevieve Francesca the 1st is a 2001 CL with 173k miles on her. Unknown history, well I found out she had one of the recalls fixed but not the other.

She has issues with her tranny...shocking I know. We deal with it together. She doesn't slip all the time. One of the filters need replaced in her tranny area...

Her blower for the cabin temp died. Fixed that by following everyone tips and had to get a part ordered. Followed instructions from http://joshsworld.com/cars/acura-tl-...d-working-fix/
Fixed it.

Thought I'd just say ello.

My next projects with her is to find a replacement for the leather seat on the drivers side, part of the leather is worn out and has a big hole. The other project is to find a new review mirror. The auto-dimming mirror has died. Seemingly simple projects I can conquer with the help of this forum and good ole Google.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
welcome. Good luck with the tranny.

Check out carpart.com. Would be a good place to find a new seat, mirror and things like that.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
where on the drivers seat are u talking?

mine ended up cracking right where the back of your left knee would be touching more or less....

if thats what ur referring to......that part of the seat is not leather and was cracking horrendously.. i used some black synthetic fishing line and sewed it back tightly together and it has prevented it from getting any worse.... thank god..
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
where on the drivers seat are u talking?

mine ended up cracking right where the back of your left knee would be touching more or less....

if thats what ur referring to......that part of the seat is not leather and was cracking horrendously.. i used some black synthetic fishing line and sewed it back tightly together and it has prevented it from getting any worse.... thank god..
Yeah its about there. But this is beyond sewing. The whole bottom seat cover needs replaced. It's a good 3 inches long
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
yea mine is i would say 3 inches long but in the shape of a U.

if u are talking about the section that is facing the pedals, that part is not leather.

it would be WAY cheaper to get someone to sew a new piece of fake ass leather on there and then for u to reinstall.

the new one won't look the same. plus it has been in a box for 10 years at acura and therefore will likely have some hefty creases in it u likely don't want.

i was contemplating change the whole seat cover myself and found i am looking at like 3-4 bills for the bottom or the top.

no way in hell i am dropping a days work and 7 bills on a friggin 12 year old seat.