New to California. Tell me all the secrets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to California. Tell me all the secrets!!!

I just moved out to the Silicon Valley area (San Mateo) from Virginia. I'm looking for the full low-down on this area. For example, what's the best brand of gasoline out here? I notice it's all 92 octane. What gives? In Virginia everywhere was 93 and Sunoco offered 94 octane. My friends have told me that "76" premium is the best but it seems to be expensive. Are there any cheap "76" gas stations in the valley?

Another question, should I get a V1 out here? They were illegal in Virginia but not out here.

Anything else I should know about this area, let me know. Any plans for a No Cal meet???

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Old 01-26-2001, 02:53 PM
Team Owner

Buy a gas powered Generator.....

Sorry, had to be done.

Shawn S

------------------
>>> 400+ posts on h/a.net <<< >>> 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com <<<

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-26-2001, 02:53 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Technique:
I just moved out to the Silicon Valley area (San Mateo) from Virginia. I'm looking for the full low-down on this area. For example, what's the best brand of gasoline out here? I notice it's all 92 octane. What gives? In Virginia everywhere was 93 and Sunoco offered 94 octane. My friends have told me that "76" premium is the best but it seems to be expensive. Are there any cheap "76" gas stations in the valley?

Another question, should I get a V1 out here? They were illegal in Virginia but not out here.

Anything else I should know about this area, let me know. Any plans for a No Cal meet???
</font>
Hey there, welcome to the Left err. I mean West Coast.. here is the forum for the Bay Area meet on the 27th of January: http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000090.html

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
* no navi, spoiler, mudguards
* wheel locks, full front mask
* fenderwell and door trim
* soon Comptech springs and sways
* 5% tint rear side, back
Old 01-26-2001, 03:41 PM
Learn to swim

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Technique:
[B]I just moved out to the Silicon Valley area (San Mateo) from Virginia. I'm looking for the full low-down on this area. For example, what's the best brand of gasoline out here? I notice it's all 92 octane. What gives? In Virginia everywhere was 93 and Sunoco offered 94 octane. My friends have told me that "76" premium is the best but it seems to be expensive. Are there any cheap "76" gas stations in the valley?

Welcome to one of the most expensive places to live.....
As for the radar detector I would have to say yes. As I'm sure you noticed we have some traffic issues here. As a result many people take side roads as short cuts to avoid the freeways. Cops do know about this, and take advantage by using radar on many of these side streets during rush hour traffic.
I will fill you in on more details at the meet on Sat....

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Old 01-26-2001, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Technique:

</font>

1 less cl-s owner in northern va

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 01-26-2001, 05:35 PM
Banned

I would tell you no to the V1...most cops out here don't use them....they pace you. And there are so many airports, your radar will be overly sensitive. As for gas...76 is good, but I think Chevron is king out here. I mean it would only make sense to have good gas in your home area...(Chevron is based in SF with a refinery in Richmond)
If you go to Sears Point...in Sonoma, to run your car...they have up to 106 octane unleaded..

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Old 01-26-2001, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Silicon Valley? Can I send you my resume?

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either. No fat chics.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 01-26-2001, 07:39 PM
Banned

We have no power here...so you have to snail mail it...

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Old 01-26-2001, 08:24 PM
10th Gear

They really stick you on gas in the valley. You don't have to go far out side SF to find the prices drop dramatically. I filled up in Tracy (about an hour east of SF Bay) on the way to Lake Tahoe last weekend, and the prices were easily 50 cents/gallon cheaper. That pisses me off. Didn't stop me from filling up there on the way home though too.

------------------
Silver CL Type-S
~bone stock~
Old 01-26-2001, 08:36 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Welcome to sunny California Wait you're one of those NORTHERNERS. You know that NorCal tried to seperate the state once, right? So Technique, you used to be from Virginia...once a secessioner, always a secessioner J/K Just kidding around, really.......

Really though, welcome to Energy Crisis Central. Visit us down south some time, it's really nice out here....

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Quantum tint~ ~hyper-white road lamps~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge very shortly.~
~Xephyr CAI soon~
Former post count : Over 494!