Need some help everyone.. Possible warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:09 AM
01 3.2 CL-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help everyone.. Possible warranty issues

First id like to say Hi everyone.. Its been a while since ive had the time to browse the board, got laid off in March, started working for BS jobs, then found something like i was doing before but i held 2 jobs to make the difference and get rid of bills from not working for 2 months..

Neways.. My CL-s is having a few issues or really 1 major one. I noticed before but didnt think much of it till today. I was driving to work on the Fairfax CO Parkway for any of you that live in NOVA area. I noticed the BRAKE light was lite up on the dash, at a stop light i attempted to make sure the e-brake wasnt engaged, and it wasnt. Light didnt shut off, I turned the car off and restarted it, it was hessitant to start for some reason but i went. Ive worked on several hondas before in my life including my drag car i owned. I know this has to do with the brake system when the fluid is low usually. Well the fluid isnt low this time.. What could be wrong?? why was the car hessistant to start after i shut it off?

Im have about 92k miles on the car and i know its gonna need major maintenice done soon, im hoping to get my hands on a book and do it myself at a friends shop. So i hope this isnt an indication that i will need to do it sooner. The car drives great and doesnt seem to have any other problems besides the tranny like everyone else. I checkd into it and the car has had the recall done and they fixed it with the oil cooler but never replaced the tranny.

Ok and last, how good is carmax at covering things under warranty?? I need to take it in possibly for this brake light issue and i want them to fix a couple other things while they are at it also. The volume knob on the radio acts up sometimes and doesnt work correctly, also the chrome on the interior door handle is pealing. So if anyone has any insite on any of this, let me know so i can get the car in there to get taken care of, i know the brakes are a serious issue and im planning on driving down to Norfolk this weekend.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Never had a clean run

Your brake light is lit b/c of the brake level float. It's the mechanism which tells your car whether or not your brake fluid is low or full. Mine constantly got stuck too and was covered under warranty. Try opening your brake fluid cap and move the float up and down. The next time you start your car it should not be lit for a little while. It will eventually get stuck again so changing it is your only solution.

As for the volume knob, that depends. If it is something electrical, then it will be covered, otherwise if it's mechanical, you may have to argue with them. I had my clock showing jibberish and they changed it out for free.

As far as the peeling handle goes, I think you may have to argue that one as well.

Good luck
Old 09-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Your brake light is lit b/c of the brake level float. It's the mechanism which tells your car whether or not your brake fluid is low or full. Mine constantly got stuck too and was covered under warranty. Try opening your brake fluid cap and move the float up and down. The next time you start your car it should not be lit for a little while. It will eventually get stuck again so changing it is your only solution.

As for the volume knob, that depends. If it is something electrical, then it will be covered, otherwise if it's mechanical, you may have to argue with them. I had my clock showing jibberish and they changed it out for free.

As far as the peeling handle goes, I think you may have to argue that one as well.

Good luck
As he said. I had this problem yesterday. I just shut my car off, removed the fluid cap. shook it a little and then put it back in. The light shut off.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Banned

also, make sure the car is cool when you check the fluid. it expands when it get s hot.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 AM
01 3.2 CL-s

thanks everyone i will check into the brake issue this evening... i had an idea it might be that but i wasnt sure.

I called carmax to try to get the car in there for some of the service things i want taken care and they said they were booked till November and that if i wanted to leave the car there for a couple days now, a tech would get to it but they would not provide me a rental car..
Old 09-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
mine had the same issue when it was cold.

sensor was sticking.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Instructor

one more thing Take the volume knob off and spray some electric oil inside the hole . That's it , worked for me